So are we all using “no toil” now?

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
No toil said they have been using the same washing machine since they opened. Toss those bad boys in the washer and I’m done. I started using filter skins on trips and they actually work pretty good, gives me and extra moto or so in the sand.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Bill480

PR Addict
i use mean green on the bike, i dilute it half and half... its pretty strong and even half water half mean green it still does the job just as good.

for the no toil oil it works best to clean it with their cleaner, dont mix up cleaner/oil products. although i've 'heard' oxyclean cleans the notoil oil up well, never tried it.. no reason to. i buy the cleaner/oil by the gallon.

i started using oxyclean for filters years ago, works the same. probably the same.

anymore i just buy new preoiled filters from notoil.. who has time for washing/oiling filters??

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Agreed and when my engine builder told me he didn't like it, I quit immediately. Can't remember why, just remember he told me to use Twin Air products.

That is my next stab for emergency at the track filter cleaning. I'm hoping I don't need it, I plan to take a 6 of each filter. Should be good, but SHOULD is a bad word.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
i cant picture an emergency situation when needing to clean a filter at a track...if i know im going on a riding trip or could be riding in conditions that would require a change i just have cleaned filters in a zip lock bag pre oiled and ready to go.

i cant imagine cleaning any filter at a track with any product is real pleasant........ but would definitely not want to try to use the no toil cleaner at the track. i guess if thats your go to move, to clean filters at the track, then maybe thats not the product for you. otherwise i see no reason to not use the stuff.

Bill480

PR Addict
i cant picture an emergency situation when needing to clean a filter at a track...if i know im going on a riding trip or could be riding in conditions that would require a change i just have cleaned filters in a zip lock bag pre oiled and ready to go.

i cant imagine cleaning any filter at a track with any product is real pleasant........ but would definitely not want to try to use the no toil cleaner at the track. i guess if thats your go to move, to clean filters at the track, then maybe thats not the product for you. otherwise i see no reason to not use the stuff.

ive used notoil cleaner + bucket + water in the garage.. aint rocket surgery

John250

PR Founding Father
I don't clean filters. It is great having dad around the corner that likes to help his son and grandson out with the bikes!! Thanks Dad. He's in Florida for 3 months, I need to buy some filters for the new bikes to get me through the winter.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
ive used notoil cleaner + bucket + water in the garage.. aint rocket surgery

no but a pain in the ass, when i do them in the sink they get a few wash/rinse cycles.. aint tryin to dump out and re fill a bucket at the track. aint nobody got time for that.

Romanyak256

PR Addict
I use the no toil biodegradable oil, and i use the oxyclean to clean the filters with, looks brand new after every ride. Cleaning the bike i use simple green and a squirt of purple power. Mean green is good stuff, but it needs diluted. You can get a gallon of simple green from Walmart for $5

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father

Well the situations I'm talking about, you will never be in. Last year it happened once, but that's because I only three filters. Don't worry pro practicer you will not have to face this.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I dunno he puts a lot of hours on bikes. He does a good hard work week or two a year.....you’d have to race 35 races to do that. So what’s the difference ?

DelBalso28

PR Addict
No toil definitely rules. I can’t understand how people don’t like it or think it’s some nightmare. A nightmare to me is using degreaser or literally any other cleaning method I’ve tried and stinking up my laundary room for the day.

Their oil plus their cleaner and the filters come out brand new every time and it all rinses right off and down the drain. If that isn’t your experience then you 100% did it wrong, or perhaps they’ve changed their formula since you gave it a shot last. If your filter has been used with other oil, the results aren’t great the first couple cycles.

The filters themselves don’t matter. Im excessive and have 15 for my bike. Pro-x, twin air, no-toil, and Tusk Factory Racing. They all clean the same, I prefer the pro-x ones.

I do them all at once, store em in zip lock bags, and don’t worry about having to clean filters for a couple months.

I prefer the aerosol spray oil, just make sure you don’t store it where it can freeze in these winter months, I’ve wasted a can before.

DelBalso28

PR Addict

I’ve had to do it a couple times. It was actually super easy. I’m so used to always having filters ready to go in the trailer, that I get bit every now and then and run out of clean ones. I always keep the no toil kit with me though. If I didn’t have water with me then that could be more of a pain, but I usually always have a water drum or water tank filled up

Bill480

PR Addict
no but a pain in the ass, when i do them in the sink they get a few wash/rinse cycles.. aint tryin to dump out and re fill a bucket at the track. aint nobody got time for that.

im a one and done kinda guy tbh

your honda sell yet? i can offer you half of what youre asking CASH

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
Pro-X filters here as well. If you haven't tried them, they are great. I use PJ1 air filter oil (spray on) and then always wash with dish soap and hot water.

I once tried the generic oxyclean from dollar tree. Never got an air filter that clean again, but it deteriorated my filters. If you found the right dilution it would be great.

Meister

PR Founding Father
Maybe I'll have to try it again when I buy another bike. I've just done the same thing for almost 20 years now.

I usually have a few filters.. I clean all at one's using twin air bucket, then I hose them out till till they look new. Air dry. When I oil I just spray it down, squeeze it all around for complete coverage, install, wash hands in twin air bucket n rinse with water. I've only installed pre oiled at tracks (regionals, Loretta's, multi day events).