So are we all using “no toil” now?

Yellow bikes stay (and my red Suzuki SP). Davey Jones is first in line for my '89 KX125. '89 YZ125 and '89 CR125 could be up for grabs this year.

I did actually - I inquired about it just a few weeks ago.
Popa told me real proud how nice it turned out after is son got done with all the powder coating -

...I'm out-!

I did actually - I inquired about it just a few weeks ago.
Popa told me real proud how nice it turned out after is son got done with all the powder coating -

...I'm out-!

wpid-img_20140904_085951.jpg

How are you guys oiling your filters? I used to put my oil into a spray bottle, but it doesn't want to spray this no toil oil.

I just got some plastic container from Walmart. Soaked the filter in there. Wrung it out. Put lid back on container. On the spray can it says spray liberally until you can squeeze excess out of the filter....so my method might get me more filters oiled without losing a lot of waste.i bought one spray canister and one bottle of just the oil.

Last edited:
I have a tub I keep the oil in large enough to dip the filter in the ring out the excess. Then I take paper towels and squeeze the filter again to get all the excess possible.

How are you guys oiling your filters? I used to put my oil into a spray bottle, but it doesn't want to spray this no toil oil.
For non-spray, I just dump some oil on the inside and outside of the filter and scrunch it around inside a plastic grocery bag to work it in.

And the spray I do the same with the bag or just scrunch it around in my hands wearing some rubber gloves.
I’ve never done or tried the full dip method, seemed like overkill to me.

rubber gloves.. dump oil on inside and outside of filter.. massage into filter. not rocket science lol
Lol. That's what I did. I just felt like I had better coverage spraying it. Wanted to see if there is some easier way out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

And the spray I do the same with the bag or just scrunch it around in my hands wearing some rubber gloves.
I’ve never done or tried the full dip method, seemed like overkill to me.

The full dip isnt about coverage, for me its about ease. I buy the product in large quantity and store it in a resealable tub. All excess goes back into said tub. It makes it easier to ensure full coverage and keep as much oil for future use. Having done the same method as you use for decades this just seems easier now. Maybe Im just old and lazy.

The full dip isnt about coverage, for me its about ease. I buy the product in large quantity and store it in a resealable tub. All excess goes back into said tub. It makes it easier to ensure full coverage and keep as much oil for future use. Having done the same method as you use for decades this just seems easier now. Maybe Im just old and lazy.
this seems like the cheapest most efficient way. I swear the excess i squeeze off is enough to oil an entire new filter!

Ive always dumped inside and out with bel ray. squeeze off excess. seems like a lot of waste and super sticky, hard to clean. just over all that.

Back