CTMX 2019

Chilli Town MX

PR Addict
99D9F5B6-CEEA-407D-AE0B-F3B9D17601E7.jpeg

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Made this last year for my first race/ride of the year. Hoping not to duplicate the first ride thing, however if I do make it, not thinking I will be making practice Friday. We'll hopefully just be getting back from the Silver Lake Sand Dunes the weekend before...

saplakc

PR Addict
How does this track go from being voted “best track in Ohio” to being done. I haven’t attended since they were part of the oma but it was always fun.....

John250

PR Founding Father
How does this track go from being voted “best track in Ohio” to being done. I haven’t attended since they were part of the oma but it was always fun.....
Because they pay the fair board a hefty price to lease the land. The fair board probably keeps a large portion of the camping fees. Tons of work for not near the profit you think they make.

I also heard Jeremy was building a house on a couple hundred acres and that was his priority, and that perhaps there would be a track on that property.

All rumors of course.

MX_Implements

PR Addict
The main reason CTMX is only having one race is because of us assholes complaining constantly about something. I had a nice conversation after the last race with Some CTMX people. They said racers complaining and other influencing people made it tough to justify the work. The person I was speaking to was very passionate and was genuinely sad about the possibility of that being their last race.

hershey

PR Elite

The facility is the draw, not the track for us at chilli.

How? It got voted best for the reason stated above, the facility is fantastic. Best Ive ever been to in all honesty. No generator noise, lots to do besides the racing, paved roads and ample flat parking. Lots of vendors of food and accessories. The track....eh.

honda907

PR Addict
Motocross people complaining?

Just ask John Beasley. He can't even run a series at Budds Creek with more than 40 riders showing.

Johnathan ran an off road HS event in January ( about 4 weeks ago) and had over 600 in mud and rain. Took till Tuesday till it was scored. He never thought he would get that turnout. He was severely understaffed, yet hardly a complaint.

Sorry, but I believe what Chill Town said to be true........

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
How? It got voted best for the reason stated above, the facility is fantastic. Best Ive ever been to in all honesty. No generator noise, lots to do besides the racing, paved roads and ample flat parking. Lots of vendors of food and accessories. The track....eh.
The boy just doesn't like the track, loves going the because of everything else.

hershey

PR Elite
The boy just doesn't like the track, loves going the because of everything else.
Same here.

I don't see anyone really complaining here. Stating an opinion isn't complaining. Like it was said above, they regularly draw 6-700 riders. Can't imagine that type of turn out if too many people are complaining. Track owners should know what they will hear and let it go. Use what they need and forget the rest.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
A quick Google search doesn't show many camp sites with a large RV hook up availability.

Wish I could talk my buddy into building an MX track on their big campground. Leasing the fields in the middle of the campground to the farmers is a much easier source or revenue. They have 500 or so seasonal campers I think, while they have trails and such for side by sides, 4wheelers, rail buggies and such. I dont think the seasonals would love a full blown MX track down over the hill

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Yeah life is full of complainers, peeps bitching about everything under the sun, and giving their biased opinion about it all. Anything worth doing will draw a complaint. Heck, try and get funding for a border wall and see if anyone complains. If you don't want to have to worry about someone complaining, own nothing. Just work for those that do... and join the sea of complainers. Peeps complained about Honda Hills, Briarcliff, etc., etc. Unfortunately it's called the society we live in. At least we can get on our favorite MX chat site without anyone complaining. :)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

saplakc

PR Addict
Your right. Probably the reason I purchased an RV to begin with. We were at the Halloween race and I was in a tent. The following year we had the Rv and my son couldn’t have been happier. Great memories. Always had fun there.