2019 COCR Schedule

Ron505

PR Founding Father
Things continue to improve. Please come out and show your support for a private offroad club that is run and maintained by volunteers all for the love of the sport, and has been around since 1967. And no, our equipment is not that old anymore...lol. We bought a new tractor and an additional water truck over the winter, and plan to do much more before the beginning of the season.

We are also really excited to host one of the Buckeye Series Rounds this year, so make sure you come out prior to, and get the track dialed in if you are chasing the points.

2019 COCR Events Schedule

Apr 6th and 7th – MX Open Practice 11:00pm – 4:00pm

Apr 28th – Grand Prix 9:00am

May 19th – Grand Prix 9:00am

June 1stth – MX Open Practice 11:00pm – 4:00pm

June 2nd – Buckeye Series MX Race 7:00am

June 30th - D11 Harescramble 8:00am

July 27th – MX Open Practice 11:00pm – 4:00pm

July 28th - MX Race 7:00am

Aug 10th and 11th - MX Open Practice 11:00pm – 4:00pm

Sep 7th – AHRMA Vintage Motocross 7:00am

Sep 8th - MX Open Practice 11:00pm – 4:00pm

Sep 28th - MX Open Practice 11:00pm – 4:00pm

Sep 29th - MX Race 7:00am

Oct 12th - MX Open Practice 11:00pm – 4:00pm

Oct 13th - MX Race 7:00am

Oct 27th – Grand Prix 9:00am

Attachments

• 2019 COCR Events Schedule.pdf
    174.8 KB · Views: 1,667
Last edited:

Ron505

PR Founding Father
Thanks to some really hard working volunteers (and Mother Nature) that want to help get COCR back on the map! Fresh material going in!!! Just a few weeks away to try it out.
20190318_161914.jpg

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Wow! that's a lot of work.. very nice.
Any plans to bring that down hill section back by the tree line back into play? That was a great passing zone back in the day.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
COCR was one of the best sessions I rode last year. No lie. And I actually rode some good tracks last year (finally came to the light.). But seriously that place was 10 lines in every turn, ruts, big safe jumps, like stuff you actually had to wind out to hit, great rollers. I went down after a super wet week. Duplicate THAT prep, and they will come. Ron505 is such a good dude too.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Ron505

PR Founding Father
COCR was one of the best sessions I rode last year. No lie. And I actually rode some good tracks last year (finally came to the light.). But seriously that place was 10 lines in every turn, ruts, big safe jumps, like stuff you actually had to wind out to hit, great rollers. I went down after a super wet week. Duplicate THAT prep, and they will come. Ron505 is such a good dude too.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app
Thanks Jack! We're putting a lot into it, so we hope to get some decent turnouts. Any and all positive input helps a bunch. We'll also have electronic scoring this year, with real time lap times and scoring all on monitors and available to your cell phone.

k01

PR Elite
Wow! that's a lot of work.. very nice.
Any plans to bring that down hill section back by the tree line back into play? That was a great passing zone back in the day.
Which one? What's remaining of the Gravity Cavity is still part of an occasional GP layout. Kilbarger cut off the top of the hill for the new start years ago which made for less of a cavity. And there was a loop down into woods many years ago. The rest of the treeline areas are now GP track.

Ron505

PR Founding Father
Where is the fresh material coming from?
All over the property. We're trying to scrap the darkest top soil, and put it back on the track. We're also planning to truck some in. Don't worry though, parking will still be good. We're not messing with the parking area, other than expanding it.

k01

PR Elite
W
All over the property. We're trying to scrap the darkest top soil, and put it back on the track. We're also planning to truck some in. Don't worry though, parking will still be good. We're not messing with the parking area, other than expanding it.
While you're at it, plant some apple trees. The place still looks a little too scraped. Bring back the orchard of old! :D;)

John250

PR Founding Father
Old Brad Hess was beating COCR up pretty good on FB. Obviously the members within the club are not agreeing on what good construction is, and what bad construction is

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Read that also. Lol. Clubs lol.
It’s safe. It’s not safe.
Good track. Track sucks.
The chilli for the hot dogs is too spicy... no it’s not.

Same story for every mx club. Ever.

I didn’t see anything unsafe on the track. Actually thought it was lame. Stuff around the track was unsafe like a wire fence outside the first turn and a post in the ground marking the inside of the first turn. The track itself is just... meh.
But the giant pussy’s in this sport now think every double has to be turned into a tabletop so we don’t hurt peoples feeling that can’t jump a double without killing themselves.
COCR has potential, it has always had potential. But unfortunately it has always been run by a club. You can’t fix it, you can’t change it.

k01

PR Elite
Screenshot_2019-03-25-10-19-01.png

And it's always safe to clear the start area so Life Flight can land. Who wants that?

Despite all the complaints, club tracks are the best. They remain while the others come and go. I'm happy COCR has adapted so I can still race some 45 years after after my first time there.

Last edited:

Romanyak256

PR Addict
Read that also. Lol. Clubs lol.
It’s safe. It’s not safe.
Good track. Track sucks.
The chilli for the hot dogs is too spicy... no it’s not.

Same story for every mx club. Ever.

I didn’t see anything unsafe on the track. Actually thought it was lame. Stuff around the track was unsafe like a wire fence outside the first turn and a post in the ground marking the inside of the first turn. The track itself is just... meh.
But the giant pussy’s in this sport now think every double has to be turned into a tabletop so we don’t hurt peoples feeling that can’t jump a double without killing themselves.
COCR has potential, it has always had potential. But unfortunately it has always been run by a club. You can’t fix it, you can’t change it.

They won’t let you do anything there. s**t when my dad was President for 4 years we tried so hard to get them to let us basically level the track and start from scratch. We proposed running the track backwards, shot down... everything my brother and i was shot down... they complain about not getting the crowd for MX but didn’t want to listen to 2 avid racers who raced every weekend all over. I’ve always said, their failure will be due to their own demise.

k01

PR Elite
DMC is still around, imagine that. Not enough experience with DMC to complain but plenty with COCR to go on and on. :rolleyes: I don't do MX anymore other than vintage but I do practice days and GP races. I appreciate the COCR club. They have done great job with their vintage MX, GP and practice days in recent years so no grousing from me. :)

Ron505

PR Founding Father
Thanks k01! I haven't been a member for some time (maybe 10-12 years) until about 1.5 years ago, and I definitely see a difference (for the better)!

Reactions: k01

Ron505

PR Founding Father
There have been several track changes made by a very experienced operator/racer. And fresh dirt as well.Track should be great tomorrow!