Full gates? Battle central!

Meister

PR Founding Father
Battle round 1.

Attachments

• IMG_20190519_095547.jpg
    IMG_20190519_095547.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 626
Lay out is bad ass. Flows really well. I'm not a huge fan of rollers but I really liked everything else. Knowing the track was all fresh, I anticipated ruts, but holy hell it was knarly!

I had little bike hiccup which spooked me pretty good. New to me used bike, 3rd time on it. It just shut off coming over the top of Mt. Malvern. All I could envision after that was Endo central if it did it on any of the jumps. Trust issues. I loaded up as I watched the track get prepped for the second round, lookin killer.

600+. Dang! Battle ain't no joke!

One pro caught my attention. Can't remember the number but last name started with an L. Style for days and super quick.

Lay out is bad ass. Flows really well. I'm not a huge fan of rollers but I really liked everything else. Knowing the track was all fresh, I anticipated ruts, but holy hell it was knarly!

I had little bike hiccup which spooked me pretty good. New to me used bike, 3rd time on it. It just shut off coming over the top of Mt. Malvern. All I could envision after that was Endo central if it did it on any of the jumps. Trust issues. I loaded up as I watched the track get prepped for the second round, lookin killer.

One pro caught my attention. Can't remember the number but last name started with an L. Style for days and super quick.

Results are posted!!! Meister.. Please give Dakota a big hug for me! I was SO BUSY we didn’t even get a chance to visit!!!

Vinny Luhovey

Boy liked the track as well. Used to hate the previous lay out. He asked on the way home to go back to practice some time. Would have liked to seen more staff, couple spots could have used a flagger, would have also liked to have seen more then one guy on the 4wheeler trying to help the smaller kids out, because the track was ruff. I only saw the 1 EMS run of the fella from C class that jumped the trees.

I dig the new track, got rough and rutted, big gates in many classes. New jumps are challenging. People complaining about dust I don't know what they expected with the wind and sun.

Bobby and crew made it work as always. Looking good for the local scene lately!

Anyone know who all was taking photos? I wish photographers would all mention to Derek that they were there, an how to get to their photo's so he could announce it over the PA, or the organizers could post a list up by the race order.
I always try and buy a couple photos from every race just to support the local photographers but it always hard to figure out who is there.

I talked with Brendon at undefined.media_ on sunday, I saw N.Christy.photography there. I have seen pictures on facebook from 697 MOTOgraphy, Wayne Griffith Photography LLC

Last edited:
Matt Mizer took some pictures, racing and taking pics. k.soup was there. N.christy is the only one with galleries up so far I think.

Hated to miss the Battle race this year, I've really liked Malvern in the past, and had fun. We wont make TV land either because of the Regional at Baja. I was surprised by the lack of hype up to the 1st battle race, but from the sounds of it, that did not hurt attendance. So obviously people are looking for these three races.

Mixed reviews on FB, etc on the new track lay out. Anyone have any input or opinions? Also looking at results, looks like there were quite a few DNFs and then DNS's in the second motos. Did the day get extremely long and people just pack up and leave?

Hated to miss the Battle race this year, I've really liked Malvern in the past, and had fun. We wont make TV land either because of the Regional at Baja. I was surprised by the lack of hype up to the 1st battle race, but from the sounds of it, that did not hurt attendance. So obviously people are looking for these three races.

Mixed reviews on FB, etc on the new track lay out. Anyone have any input or opinions? Also looking at results, looks like there were quite a few DNFs and then DNS's in the second motos. Did the day get extremely long and people just pack up and leave?
John the track is a welcome change. Jonathan really liked it and said is was fun and flowed real well. I like all the improvements and hard work they have put into the track and hope it is paying off for them. I don't know about how long the day went because we had a bike issue and left but I would assume with the large turn out and a couple injuries, it probably went pretty long. It was so nice to see so many full gates and a great turn out for most of the classes. It was so nice to have decent weather and a good track. It did seem to get a bit dusty but with the track being new, the sunny day and wind it was understandable. I'm sure you had a good time in Florida but you did miss a good one!!!

Man. The last couple years we have been one of the last ones to leave the track on Sunday, and have been on the road by 4:30 or 5:00.

Reactions: DTS
What's been the biggest battle turn out to date?

It seemed very intense yesterday and I think the time frame was fair given the couple hold ups from crashes. Track maintenance was a necessity yesterday. Wasn't wasting time that I noticed.

Who wrecked the first Moto of +30? He ok?

How's Pape Jr?

We had a great time. The wind was crazy at times and the sun intense. The track went through every phase possible for the day, mega deep ruts to dry hard pack. My son really enjoyed the track, the step up was his favorite along with the floater near the road. We had a good race day except for his spectacular checkers crash to grab another position! Lots of bike damage, minor ankle sprain. Hard to get mad though for him pushing till the end! I’m really mad, I just didn’t tell him that! Lol. Congrats to the entire Malvern crew, sign up crew and the announcing by Derek. Thank you all.

What's been the biggest battle turn out to date?

It seemed very intense yesterday and I think the time frame was fair given the couple hold ups from crashes. Track maintenance was a necessity yesterday. Wasn't wasting time that I noticed.

Who wrecked the first Moto of +30? He ok?

How's Pape Jr?
For Malvern or Overall?

Back