321mechanic

PR Member
JO be calling up the AMA like...
Tyrone Biggums 16072019190210.jpg

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
JO be calling up the AMA like...
View attachment 61137

It’s cool, you’ve just proven my point, good tracks (not just facilities) with good programs get those those races, not amateur promoters with side shows and off track antics to draw people like carnies. Straight from Rita, “those races are earned”.

As a matter of fact, what was your highest turn out before Oma? 220? 225? You are welcome.

NQ1965

PR Elite
Exactly! Which is the only way you know how to draw a crowd...funnel them so they have to buy your product.

Big crowd not always an indicator to a great track. Fair races can draw big crowds and competitor numbers.
I'm a great track, smaller crowd kind of guy myself.

321mechanic

PR Member
The folks at Chillitown put the people first. I'm very proud of our staff and the events we put on.

Everyone is entitled to thier own opinions. So say what you want... Won't change the way I feel about the events we put on or the friends I made along the way.

Chilli Town MX

PR Addict
The final curtain call. After 10 years in the making, the lead crew at CTMX have decided to step down.
Ten years ago an idea was planted to build and host Mx races in Chillicothe. At 30 years old I thought it would be a cake walk to plow some dirt up, build a couple ramps and watch the money roll in like high tide on Hurricane Chilli! Several years later I could write a book on how that is centuries away from the truth.

Ctmx arrived where it is today not from any one person, sponsor, racer or spectator. It’s the fruit of several folks. Our core group at Ctmx always kept our heads high and our hands dirty. We literally shed blood, sweat and tears in this venture. We gave it everything we had. We never wanted to reinvent the wheel, we just wanted to shine her up a little bit. Always striving to find a way to “one up” our competition and give our customers the feeling of getting your monies worth. Our goal was to always supply a platform where the Mx community could come together and have an enjoyable weekend and experience.
Have we succeeded many will ask. If you measure success on how a group of rookies can turn a flat field into a yearly destination for families all over the Midwest to come hang out, then yes, we succeeded beyond our imagination.
We were always ridiculed by the other tracks for our shortcomings and downfalls. Probably one of the toughest things to overcome is the feeling of insecurity when you think you’re giving it your best. We called that motivation and used it wisely.
To the racers and families, thank you. I talked with several people this past weekend who never missed one of our thirty something races. Folks like Greg Evans or Big Mike always made it.
What does the future hold for Ctmx? First of all to dispel any rumors, this decision is solely within the current organization. The Ross County Fairboard along with the Commissioners have been 110 percent supportive. They took a huge risk on a five minute power point presentation and believed in us. They have been nothing but easy to work with. We are not going to jump right in and start removing the track or facility. We still have time on our lease, we will still keep the grounds cleaned up. There may be someone out there with the gumption we have seem to have lost here lately. We always said when we are not having fun, it will be time to move on. When it’s not fun for us, the finished product will start to show a decline.
After last weekends event with the three moto format and pounding over 600 entries under the finish line, I think it’s safe to say we came into this venture with nothing and finished with everything. It was a ten year battle and we came out on top TEAM! We won!
Thanks for all the memories, shall they talk about us for years to come.
So it was said, so it was heard!
Jeremy Forcum

FB_IMG_1563546821884.jpg

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Very eccentric that obtaining your goals and becoming successful has created a loss in your gumption and sucked the fun out of it.

For the Moto community’s sake hopefully someone with more fortitude will take over and continue.

Thanks for the run

321mechanic

PR Member
I
Very eccentric that obtaining your goals and becoming successful has created a loss in your gumption and sucked the fun out of it.

For the Moto community’s sake hopefully someone with more fortitude will take over and continue.

Thanks for the run
I can't speak for Jeremy but for me the fact that we obtained all of our goals was very exciting. We always pushed the envelope to see what new and creative things we could do to draw a crowd and put on a enjoyable event for everyone. What sucked the fun out of it was trying to juggle all the work for the track and not letting it interfere with family life and personal endeavors.

Doing events like we put on and having to put the track together and then teardown after each event it made it especially hard to find enough people to help get it all done for one event let alone 3 or 4 a year.