Vet class

kawi330

PR Member
Getting back into racing just curious what plus 30 riders would perfer for the class. Same as it is now +30a/b and +30c, or +30a and +30b/c or just plus 30. I'll say not complaining at all idc either way I'll still have fun.... but if i had a vote it would be +30a and +30bc

Meister

PR Founding Father
Vet pro 25 and up for anyone whose qualified for a national.

Every other age class - everyone whose never qualified for a national 40 man gate.

Can't really say no pro card, that wouldn't quite be fair.

kawi330

PR Member
Im getting confused now. Im not saying anything about a pro card. I'm just saying should plus 30 be like one class like plus 25 + 40 or should it be split differently than a is now.

Meister

PR Founding Father
I think it all could be changed.

Literally 1 class age 25+ where guys can race that have qualified for a national.

Then +30, +40, +50 anyone can race it who has not ever qualified for a pro national. B/C left too many guys out. I know alot of guys who raced A locally but never had a chance at making a national.

DelBalso28

PR Addict
30a/b and 30c works well. There’s a pretty even split between sign ups, and the difference between A and B on a vet level is so marginal and moot.

30a and 30b/c really sucks. You’ll get 2 “A” guys and 20 b/c, which pisses off the “C” riders.

Personal vote I’d say just make it one class so we actually have a real gate drop locally, but I understand the need for the C guys and have many friends that enjoy that class.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
i would rather see it as one gate drop to get the bigger gates than AB and a C... but my vote would be A and then BC. Other places do BC and there seem to be decent turn outs in both classes. I would not agree that the difference between A and B on a vet level is marginal and moot...

after lining up with mostly A guys this past weekend tho in both classes i think im taking my ass back to B class lol. only problem with that is theres never more than a few guys.. connie hates me because every time i just ask how many ppl are in all the classes. im usually just signing up for whatever class has the most out of my options. (25, 30, open B, and maybe 125 and 2 stroke if i bring it)

DC817

PR Addict
The way it is now seems to work well. +30C gets a decent turn out at most races and I think lining up with people like Gibson and other former pros would keep atleast a few of those riders from signing up for +30 if it was one gate drop. I’ve only raced 3 times this year but it seems that +30 and +30C are always really close in terms of number of signups.

I’m not against having one gate for +30, I think it’d be a blast. But I think you’d keep some +30C guys from signing up for the class or possibly even showing up to race at all, which is less money in the pockets for track owners.

Last edited:

DelBalso28

PR Addict
i would rather see it as one gate drop to get the bigger gates than AB and a C... but my vote would be A and then BC. Other places do BC and there seem to be decent turn outs in both classes. I would not agree that the difference between A and B on a vet level is marginal and moot...

after lining up with mostly A guys this past weekend tho in both classes i think im taking my ass back to B class lol. only problem with that is theres never more than a few guys.. connie hates me because every time i just ask how many ppl are in all the classes. im usually just signing up for whatever class has the most out of my options. (25, 30, open B, and maybe 125 and 2 stroke if i bring it)
You’re thinking on a vetfest/battle/can-am scale. Sure those races can hold a 30A class without much issue. I’m talking local racing. May as well not even show up. Been there done that and it’s sucks “racing” yourself.
It’s already a bummer to have to seek out bigger turnout races, no need to make it worse for anyone.

Another note though, I’m down with whatever keeps you racing.

Last edited:

adam63

PR Addict
I'm not sure how a vet rider can be considered "C" class. Is "C" class supposed to be novice riders?

I'm down for whatever keeps you guys racing also!
pit.png

Dano762

PR Addict
I'm not sure how a vet rider can be considered "C" class. Is "C" class supposed to be novice riders?

I'm down for whatever keeps you guys racing also!View attachment 60994

It is a good question. Is a Vet rider an age only category or is it an age plus experience category? I can easily see 30+ "C" class/beginner racers.

I was 50 before my first time on motocross track and ride C/Novice. I may never progress. I don't necessarily want to line up with a bunch of novice teenagers with the choices they make and deal with some parents. I break easier and heal slower plus have to get to work on Monday. I have seen much better riders than me confronted by parents for "getting" in their kids way.

I would rather hold my line and race with faster folks closer to my age. I have never been yelled at by any fast vet rider for being slow, getting passed or lapped.

PR Member
My vote is one class. There is no real need to split up vet class. 30c is just another bs unneeded class. Go out and mix it up with the people your pace, have a couple beers and go home.