It is that time of the year, LL Rider Roster is posted

bruceb

PR Addict
Rocket: Thanks for the trip down memory lane, but I prefer to look forward. Jack said it best in one of the early posts in this thread. If DD showed up in shape, wanting to make a run for the title the age difference will offset the skill difference. If DD was coming to LL's looking at it as a party and another event to make a cool video, he would be 2nd at best.
Fortunately, DD came in prepared and going for a title.

bruceb

PR Addict
and this has nothing against brown, i first met mike around 89-90 when he was riding for jim's mc sales and have been a fan ever since. i just think 18 yrs is too much to give up

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Bruce I don’t doubt Durham’s skill or speed, just like I don’t doubt Renner’s skill or speed. And yes at some point Father Time catches up to you and slows you down, it’s fun to see this cross paths between the old guy slowing down and the young guy who probably still has 98% of his speed at age 30. It’s a fair contest but at the same age at the same time, it’s no contest. As an old guy myself, I’m hanging on by a thread!

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

bruceb

PR Addict
IMG_3901.jpg
I noticed this after moto 2 and it was still listed as provisional this morning. I commented to the guys that I was with that the mini dads are acting up. I had no idea someone from Ohio was being protested or I would have asked a few questions.

Vet261

PR Addict
I got the story. Randy is not a cheater, he paid to have the bike built for LL and apparently something that used to be legal had changed for this year.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
6 bikes got protested, someone protested the protester. Protester and 2 other bikes were dq'd. Boy's mom wrote me threatening me with bodily harm if I ever did something illegal to our boys bikes. I told her to rest assured she doesn't have to worry about that as I'm to cheap to even by race fuel yet alone mod parts.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
I got the story. Randy is not a cheater, he paid to have the bike built for LL and apparently something that used to be legal had changed for this year.
I don't remember seeing any rule change for the shaft drive class. MX sports sends email's on all that stuff.

bruceb

PR Addict
6 bikes got protested, someone protested the protester. Protester and 2 other bikes were dq'd....

And this is what I meant by mini-dads acting up. Similar to the Pala Regonal this year when someone protested Adia Monty for receiving outside asstance (after she went down and was pinned under the bike). So her dad (Butler Brother KTM suspension guy) decides if they want to play that game, it is game on. So he protested the protester and a few others.
pala.jpg

Vet261

PR Addict
I don't remember seeing any rule change for the shaft drive class. MX sports sends email's on all that stuff.

Yeah I dunno. That's just the story I was quoted that the motor builder said I guess. From reading the rules and talking last night to someone that doesn't know much about motor work......it sounds like chamfered ports might have been the culprit. Again though, I'm just guessing from reading rules and comparing to the info on builder website.

http://www.profloracing.com/pw50-national-motor-prep/

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Yeah I dunno. That's just the story I was quoted that the motor builder said I guess. From reading the rules and talking last night to someone that doesn't know much about motor work......it sounds like chamfered ports might have been the culprit. Again though, I'm just guessing from reading rules and comparing to the info on builder website.

Just read up on the chamfered ports myself.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
That’s a shame that kids who are racing get the “shaft” because of upset parents. At that point let the kids ride and have some fun, seriously, they are 4-6 years old in the shaft drive class turning over 3.5 minute lap times. This is when they should be kids and getting hooked on motorcycles for life, not having parents fight over the mods done to these bikes. Parents should be ashamed of themselves!

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Yea my dad and I checking results and see all that shaft drive crap going on. Bikes torn down to nothing. What a buncha psychos!

Broc last moto at 1:30 today.
24-16 currently.
Husky warrantied clutch slave gasket,o ring, and hydraulic fluid. No clutch problems second moto!

Bruce stopped by this week to bench race a little.

Last time I talked to RV we were both racing supermini. Well we are both dads now! And it’s good to see RV still has great enthusiasm to be at the track.

FC3C0D90-D4C6-4EBB-8AC2-6BBD42C0A5F5.jpeg
5E066FB9-14DA-42F9-BA81-01D8E2875785.jpeg
D82A8DC0-E688-439F-8784-7E42DC803C64.jpeg

Last edited:

MX_Implements

PR Addict
That’s a shame that kids who are racing get the “shaft” because of upset parents. At that point let the kids ride and have some fun, seriously, they are 4-6 years old in the shaft drive class turning over 3.5 minute lap times. This is when they should be kids and getting hooked on motorcycles for life, not having parents fight over the mods done to these bikes. Parents should be ashamed of themselves!

Haha. If the kid is racing LL at 4-6 years old they are hooked.
Every little cheat/mod on a PW is a huge help.
Don’t cheat , it’s as simple as that. Mxsports/AMA opened the door for this bullshit.
A PW should be completely stock. No Mika bars , no seat cover , no qt 50 rearend and no after market tires.
If your kid can’t race a pw in stock form, buy a Cobra or Ktm.

D

DTS

I’ve seen some of those proflo stickers on PWs at the battle races...

bruceb

PR Addict
DD went down late, but it did not matter. Brown pulled that holeshot and ran away. Props to him, he faced a commendable challenger in DD and did what he needed to retain his championship. I really did think after moto 2, that DD had it this year (sound familiar).

Note to self: Call Troy or Michele first thing Monday and see if the middle son is bored with retirement and might want to come back to LL's nest year. The way I look at it he owes me from 2006.