It is that time of the year, LL Rider Roster is posted

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Haha. If the kid is racing LL at 4-6 years old they are hooked.
Every little cheat/mod on a PW is a huge help.
Don’t cheat , it’s as simple as that. Mxsports/AMA opened the door for this bullshit.
A PW should be completely stock. No Mika bars , no seat cover , no qt 50 rearend and no after market tires.
If your kid can’t race a pw in stock form, buy a Cobra or Ktm.

Here is my thing maybe I'm an a*****e, maybe I'm right maybe some where in between....

The kids that dont make it in the 4-6 Jr. limited are the one that then try the PW and special limited class. There is no reason 7 year olds should be racing a PW at LL. They need to make the PW a 4-5 class. Do away with the special limited and just have the reg 4-6 limited.

It would be great if you had yamaha step up and bring 42 PW's to LL so everyone was stock then offer them for sale to the riders at cost. I know it is unreasonable to think the yamaha would supply bikes every year, but the PW class is where 1-1.5 hp is a HUGE difference.

hell the Gish boy that got DQ'd from red bud on a 50 Sr had a 60 kit and he went from winning against the same kids that beat him by 20 sec a lap at LL. Little gains make a huge difference in the little bikes.

As much as it sucks I wish they would DQ the kids for a year from AMA races. No reason should Gish be able to be at LL after getting caught cheating, then go qual. in a different region. I also wish you could only go to the regional you live in, not chase it all over the county.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Track was better this year then the several past years.
AMA had 3 different guys hand #1 plates out. Must be too much work for one guy.
PW class just needs to go away. It’s not “growing” the sport.
Never happen but really, they need to cut at least 8 classes. Way too many.
Every state should have an exact copy of LL. ESPECIALLY Ohio.
The live coverage is fantastic. MX Sports did that right.
Having just a handful of Ohio riders is just ridiculous. You can disagree all you want, but we were just better when we didn’t have 700 classes (resulting in 4 lap Moto’s) and people actually raced and not just go “open ride”.
What happened to Kawasaki in the 85 classes? There is like none.
No real standout this year that you see and say “yeah, they can win in pro”
Good to see Suzuki making a comeback.
Live coverage needs a roaming pit reporter. Show some behind the banners stuff.
I am going to start a business and name it “And everyone else I Forgot”. I would get tons of free advertising.
Do the cows that live in that pasture 51 weeks a year go on vacation during the race?
Moto 1 ended at 10:30 yesterday morning and will have to wait 30 HOURS to get their awards, normally we can’t wait 30 minutes.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Bruce, as much as you’re a wealth of knowledge on amateurs and the rules, who is hot and who is not..... when are you going to believe me on that 1 in a million speed? You don’t win the Pro MX Championship and not have unreal skills that are above and beyond even the other pros. When RC came back in the +25 class he almost scared me off my bike in practice because he was on the gas so hard that it sounded like someone’s throttle stuck wide open. I’ve never heard another rider in my 50 years be on the gas that hard. Props to Brown for being 48 and winning the +25 class, who will come out next year???? Who do you have in the wings of retirement that could possibly beat him that isn’t another former champ?

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Vet261

PR Addict
The +25 class is sort of a problem in a way....anyone around the age of 25 and super fast like Brown is probably still running Nationals. And since Mike Brown rides, trains, and races ALL THE TIME he is overcoming his age. I can't think of anyone that is going to beat him right now unless maybe Villopoto races it.

bruceb

PR Addict
Robin: If I may throw this out there. Brown had 1 in 1,000,000 speed on a 125. Once he moved up to 250's he was a very good pro, but not as (comparitively) fast as on the small bike. And yes in his prime he would have destroyed anyone he is facing in 25 plus, but father time catches up to us all.
Vet 261: For what it is worth, unless RV hits the gym and drops about 20-30 lbs I would actually take Brown right now if they lined up for 3 20 minute motos at Lorettas. By the same token I would take DD over Villo as they sit right now. Hell, last year a kid that couldn't even finish on the podium (overall) on his 125 at LL beat Villo at Hangtown. If Brown had 1 in 1M speed I think it is safe to say Villo had 1in 5M.

Last edited:

bruceb

PR Addict
..... when are you going to believe me on that 1 in a million speed?
I fully understand how fast Brown (and other top pros were), I have watched Brown since his Jim's Cycle Shop days. I remember going to Kenworthy's for local races and being in awe of guys like Steel, Musselman, Reed (farmboy not Chad), and Knox only to watch them struggle to break top 20 at the national. (although I believe 2 of those mentioned did lead a lap at the national). So I get how amazing Brown was 25-30 yrs ago.

Last edited:

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Track was better this year then the several past years.
AMA had 3 different guys hand #1 plates out. Must be too much work for one guy.
PW class just needs to go away. It’s not “growing” the sport.
Never happen but really, they need to cut at least 8 classes. Way too many.
Every state should have an exact copy of LL. ESPECIALLY Ohio.
The live coverage is fantastic. MX Sports did that right.
Having just a handful of Ohio riders is just ridiculous. You can disagree all you want, but we were just better when we didn’t have 700 classes (resulting in 4 lap Moto’s) and people actually raced and not just go “open ride”.
What happened to Kawasaki in the 85 classes? There is like none.
No real standout this year that you see and say “yeah, they can win in pro”
Good to see Suzuki making a comeback.
Live coverage needs a roaming pit reporter. Show some behind the banners stuff.
I am going to start a business and name it “And everyone else I Forgot”. I would get tons of free advertising.
Do the cows that live in that pasture 51 weeks a year go on vacation during the race?
Moto 1 ended at 10:30 yesterday morning and will have to wait 30 HOURS to get their awards, normally we can’t wait 30 minutes.

The fact that you know there were three by watching the online is a bit disturbing

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
In Durham’s defense....his bike was pretty clapped....needed peg mounts. I told him go over to Yamaha and see if they’ll throw ya some. He goes...they won’t...I’m not buying them we will run what we got. I’m here for fun. Ha. I love Durham. He’s such a chill guy.

I thought he had brownie covered, but....brown put down some blistering heat opening in the final moto and put it to bed.

Reactions: DTS

Vet261

PR Addict
That right there tells ya all you need to know. Mike Brown is paid by Yamaha at 47 years old to race all over the world and represent the brand. Durham has to buy his own parts.

D

DTS

I’m a big fan of both DD and Mike. Wishing I was down at the ranch to watch!

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Robin: If I may throw this out there. Brown had 1 in 1,000,000 speed on a 125. Once he moved up to 250's he was a very good pro, but not as (comparitively) fast as on the small bike. And yes in his prime he would have destroyed anyone he is facing in 25 plus, but father time catches up to us all.
Vet 261: For what it is worth, unless RV hits the gym and drops about 20-30 lbs I would actually take Brown right now if they lined up for 3 20 minute motos at Lorettas. By the same token I would take DD over Villo as they sit right now. Hell, last year a kid that couldn't even finish on the podium (overall) on his 125 at LL beat Villo at Hangtown. If Brown had 1 in 1M speed I think it is safe to say Villo had 1in 5M.

Bruce,

I agree with you that some riders are better 125 / 250F riders and that doesn't translate into 250 / 450F big bikes at the professional level all the time like Mike Brown winning a "Lites" title but not a "Big Bike" title too, but to win even a "Lites" title at the Professional level is 1 in a Million skill level speed. And I agree with you that guys like Villipoto, Dungey, Stewart, Tomac, and RC are one in 5 Million speed who were the dominant riders of their time. There are lots of really FAST guys out there, but very few that have that little extra something that Mike Brown has / had. I'll take him again next year unless one of those guys I just mentioned are showing up to race +25. And I love that there are guys going for it to race him hard and beat him in a moto, lots of fun to watch and see those races play out.

So after a week at the ranch, who is your top prospect for next year that came from nowhere in the amateur world to be a real threat now?

Vet261

PR Addict
Pro Flo guy has updated his website bragging about the top 3 racers passing teardowns in 2019. This fails to mention that he swapped out their cylinders down there to remove his original, illegally built cylinders that customers like Randy didn't even know about....

2019 Loretta Lynn National Champion

1st Place

2nd Place

3rd Place

All three bikes were torn down and found legal, no other bike builder has accomplished this in the shaft class

http://www.profloracing.com/pw50-national-bike-prep/

Last edited:

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Why doesn't Randy go on there and write a review?!?! And why would the ProFlo guy swap out the cylinders of those bikes while he was down there and not all of the people that had paid $1800 for National Bike Prep? Randy should get some sort of rebate for getting DQ'd from the event using the guys package.

I wish there was YouTube videos of the protests back in the day where people were going full mod on PW 50's and then the guy shows up with the Cobra 50 in that same class.......... I'm sure the videos would just like watching the WWF videos before the main events!!!!

After this beginning class that gets people familiar with protests and such, once the kids start to get on 65's, it finally starts to become about the rider being the best rider and not who can get their PW50 to be the fastest legal bike by spending big money on it. And those 65 bikes are so good, that the lap times of the leaders in those 65 classes turn faster lap times than I do on my 450 down at the ranch.

Tom

PR Elite
And this is what I meant by mini-dads acting up. Similar to the Pala Regonal this year when someone protested Adia Monty for receiving outside asstance (after she went down and was pinned under the bike). So her dad (Butler Brother KTM suspension guy) decides if they want to play that game, it is game on. So he protested the protester and a few others.View attachment 61284
67849710_2538523119548147_2419491258364854272_n.jpg

Sean Howell
· August 3 ·

They weren’t kidding when they say “if you do good at Loretta’s your taking your bike home in a box” 2 different protestor and 7 parts, 100% legal 600$ in protest money and 2nd overall at the national championship. See y’all at Baja Brawl!! — atLoretta Lynns Amateur National Motocross Championship.

Baker_741

PR Member
20th overall at the ranch this year.. Not what we wanted at all but I gave it all I had and I left nothing out on that track, I gave it 110% and I’m very happy with the way I rode. Just couldn’t seem to get a start and down at the ranch you need a start. That gate is hard to get out of, balls to the walls for the first 240 Ft and then a sharp right hander. Definitely should’ve been on the box every moto but the first experience racing at the ranch was a good one. To even be out on that track with 41 of the fastest riders in the nation was pretty cool considering my life was almost ended on April 22nd 2018, I made a life long dream come true and I can’t thank my Mom,Dad, and Georgie enough for all the support they have given me throughout this journey so far and especially all you guys on here. Time to start training for LL 20. See you at the track!

Last edited:

Vet261

PR Addict
Not 100% sure but I think Howell #79 was one of the kids that was able to change out the cylinder on the PW50 before running moto 1 so he wasn't caught with the "illegal chamfering" that the motor builder "didn't know about." Since ProFlo is bragging about having the top 3 at LL, and also mysteriously had 3 new cylinders to install on select bikes there...but again I'm just guessing...so I might be totally wrong.

I know one thing, I'm glad I don't have a kid racing 50's.

Nice job Broc, you did well and should be proud!

Reactions: DTS

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
Don't fall into the hype Georgie, those 'support' trailers only 'support' certain people to my knowledge, we asked them for some parts years back at freestone.

Maybe we can get JS7 to come back and go after brown!?

bruceb

PR Addict
Bruce,
So after a week at the ranch, who is your top prospect for next year that came from nowhere in the amateur world to be a real threat now?

I don't know if there will be any. I think Jett Lawrence will probably be just inside the top 10 at "dilla. Jalek Swoll probably around 10th. I think Jalek has more upside based on the bike, the team, and his progress the last few years. I once thought Jett Reynolds would be the next big thing, but after missing two LL nationals in a row, I contemplate if he will be able to put a complete season together once he reaches the pros.

Not sure if he is going pro to finish the year, but you can't help but like Jesse Flock. The excitement form him, his mom, and dad after he won the final 250 Pro Sport moto reminded me of why I love this sport. When your sponsor list looks like this, FOX, DUNLOP, MONSTER ARMY, MIKA Metals, Reddog Academy, MotoSandbox, Pro Curcuit, you are a family supported privateer effor.t Fortunately, Jesse's family have the resources to fund his pro career, but hopefully a team/support team picks him up and he does well.

Nick Romano also did well. No longer with Monster/Team Green/Kawasaki he showed RyderD the fast way around the LL track, capturing 2 titles. Another fun, enthusiestic kid with a bright future.