2020 Race Ohio MX - Buckeye Series

John250

PR Founding Father
Scott Plessenger and crew held a great 2019 series banquet tonight. Lots of awards and door prizes. Great job.

They also announced the 2020 schedule, and have added a new track, Pacheta Creek into the series. The big announcement was that Chilitown MX will be a round of the 2020 Battle for Ohio Series. Great move for both series.

20191214_174637.jpg

Ron505

PR Founding Father
Unfortunately, we have to postpone the COCR round this coming weekend. We'll hopefully get back on the schedule soon.

Ron505

PR Founding Father
Thanks a bunch to everyone that came out. 403 entries. The last moto ended around 5:15. There was some great racing in each class. Lots, and lots of campers. We hope everyone had a good time.

Here are the results...

PS - We're in the market for another water truck if anyone has any leads on one.

Attachments

• COCR Results 6-7-20.pdf
    170.8 KB · Views: 338

Ron505

PR Founding Father
The next round is at East Fork this weekend. The weather is looking perfect to be outdoors doing what we love most.

Ron505

PR Founding Father
I saw a lot of dust on my way home from the smokies a while ago coming from an unmentioned track on 33....about 20 miles south of COCR. I didn't see any dust coming from the hill that COCR sits on. Any reports? I hope it was a good, safe day. It sure is a lot hotter here than in the mountains.

John250

PR Founding Father
I've been going to COCR for well over 30 years. I've been pretty critical of them over the years. The prep on the track today was great considering it was 95°. And usually it's so sloppy in practice that it forms horrible lines. Today was not like that, and matthew had late motos. It was not bad at all. My only complaint is the old guy that was turning the card. We watched him all day. He would wait until that very last rider finished before he would get the card up for the next moto. No reason on that track, when the last bike comes out of the very back corner, get that card up and get that next moto running.

Ron505

PR Founding Father
Unfortunately, the electronic scoring/timing is the reason for that John. We've been trying to figure out ways around it, and will continue to work on it. I personally don't know the in's and outs of it, so I'm unable to speak specifically to it. But I've brought it up more than a few times. We have a few of the members that work in IT, so I have to assume that they know what they are doing. I'm going to dig into it further.
Thanks for the positive words.

NQ1965

PR Elite
The day sucked.
We had two riders tended to by squad during pre-race practice. I had two nasty get-offs with the 2nd ending my day in the 1st moto of my first race.
Me and COCR's jumps just don't get along.

Last edited:

John250

PR Founding Father
The day sucked.
We had two riders tended to by squad during pre-race practice. I had two nasty get-offs with the 2nd ending my day in the 1st moto of my first race.
Me and COCR's jumps just don't get along.
I will agree, I would like to see COCR design a couple of their jumps a little different. They are great if you jump them, but not very friendly if you don't. I hit the second double double yesterday, and came up short, and man it kicked me in the back. Been paying for it since.

Romanyak256

PR Addict
I will agree, I would like to see COCR design a couple of their jumps a little different. They are great if you jump them, but not very friendly if you don't. I hit the second double double yesterday, and came up short, and man it kicked me in the back. Been paying for it since.

All of their jumps are hittable on a 65. Don’t blame the jumps for your lack of speed to clear the properly.

Ron505

PR Founding Father
I understand about some concern of some jumps, because I won't hit them all either. But I don't think we want everyone hitting everything....do we?