2020 Race Ohio MX - Buckeye Series

Ron505

PR Founding Father
Thanks to everyone that came out to COCR this past weekend. We had a few delays, but it ended up being a great day all together. The track looked awesome after the intermission. A huge thanks to Tony Kilbarger for bringing his water truck again and helping the club out. There was around 400 entries. Results coming soon.

By the way, I wanted to mention that not being able to play the National Anthem was strictly a technical issue. We apologize. Please do not read anything else into it.

Last edited:

John250

PR Founding Father
Track conditions on Sunday were pretty good. One of the better COCR tracks I've seen in a long time.

Now for the constructive criticism. Got to the track about 7:40. Basically parking was gone. Only a couple holes at the back of the track. This place has VERY limited parking because half the place is on the side of a hill. I suggest someone from the club assist in "parking" people coming in. Park them together, and the same direction, etc. If people had parked a little differently, could have got some more people in a little easier.

We were close to the end of the program. Got home about 8:15 after leaving the house at 5:45 am. I've brought it up before, and its the long lag in dropping the gate on the next moto. They always wait until that last bike is at the finish before putting the card up for the next moto. I've been told before that it is because of the scoring system they use. Not sure why the next moto can not be started, it will be a minute or so before the first rider would be around. As long as this track is, when the last rider is in that back corner, they should be dropping the gate on the next moto. They could cut two hours off their race day. For example, there were 50s following the 50+ class. No reason why the 50 gate could not have been started when the 50 plus was 1/2 around the track. The 50s are not catching 50 plus riders. If the scoring system is what causes the long delays, then do away with it. Go back to having 3 good scorers the old fashioned way. Most people would appreciate cutting two hours out of the day.

Ron505

PR Founding Father
Here are the results from the this past weekend at COCR.

Attachments

• COCR Buckeye Series Results 9-27-20.pdf
    234.2 KB · Views: 125