Winter project

Dano762

PR Addict
Yes they are desirable. That's one of the reasons I took the bike. Not to mention the price and distance were right!

Probably the shortest trip to get a bike that any of us has ever made. It looks pretty decent and there are a few 100 class series out there.

AHRMA has a new Post Vintage 100 class. It was a exhibition class last year (I think) and is now a permanent class.
  • 12.1.7 Post Vintage 100cc(for 2020 season): 88-100cc two-stroke and 88-125cc four-stroke motorcycles manufactured as up to 1984-model-year machines, and like-design.
  • All 2 stroke motorcycles in this class must have been manufactured 100cc-or-smaller-displacement bikes. And four strokes manufactured as 125cc or smaller displacement bikes.
  • Maximum engine displacement for two-strokes is 100cc, plus allowable overbore. Maximum engine displacement for four-strokesis 125cc, plus allowable overbore. Electronic ignitions and reed-valves are allowed. Hubsand forks from any Post Vintage eligible machine are permitted. Suspension travel is not limited. Disc brakes are not allowed.
  • Eligible Machines to include:
    • Suzuki TM & RM to 1981
    • Yamaha DT, MX & YZ to 1983
    • Hodaka’s all 100cc models
    • Honda XR 100 &XL 125 to 1985 and like design
    • Kawasaki KE 100

Vet261

PR Addict
Under the front fender grunge....the YZ100 has a period correct Preston Petty front fender!

20201227_184152.jpg

Toddco327

PR Addict
Small little rant.... WHERE THE HELL ARE THE PARTS AT!?!?!!

I just bought a BMX bike. Was looking for a few basic parts. Tires and a rim. Nowhere to be found. Been searching the internet for hours. Absolutely insane.

John250

PR Founding Father
Small little rant.... WHERE THE HELL ARE THE PARTS AT!?!?!!

I just bought a BMX bike. Was looking for a few basic parts. Tires and a rim. Nowhere to be found. Been searching the internet for hours. Absolutely insane.
Covid19. Shut downs are finally catching up to the market. These places were shutdown and not manufacturing parts.

Bass 67

PR Member
Bisesi’s might have something if Eddy’s doesn’t work out. They are down on Main St. just past Coppersmith. There is also Ernies’s in Massillon on rt. 21

Toddco327

PR Addict
Eddys got me hooked up on the rim I needed. Tires are hard to come by right now, some are 3 months out. Ended up finding a set online but they weren’t what I really wanted.

As for supply and demand it’s a double edged sword. Demand is up for “lifestyle” type of goods because there is a lack of “social” event type things. Also supply of products for those lifestyle is being hurt because of a few reasons. China has raised prices on cost of shipping goods. Countries are locking down borders which then depleted the raw material backstock. Pressure treated lumber was impossible to get this summer. Not because of the lack of trees but because the pressure treating material manufacturers from Canada shut down and borders were at a standstill. Sooooooo my little BMX market skyrocketed this summer and there were no new bikes so people started fixing theirs, now there are no parts.