Daytona 2020 Track

Vet261

PR Addict
Looks way more friendly for the amateur racers with the "old school" 50th anniversary layout!

191473_2020_daytona_supercross_course_map.jpg

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
They're starting to build the track
Sand - sand - sand!!!
They took it out for the amateurs last year - good thing.

John250

PR Founding Father
Years 1-8 the track was alot of fun and nothing difficult really, but still got rough and challenging. The last two years in my opinion were technical, no where near as fun, and lots of people in the infield care center.

I was thinking I was done with it, then saw the new design and figured i would give them another shot. I heard MX Sports got alot of negative feedback on the last couple tracks from amateurs.

John250

PR Founding Father
Looks like I might actually go more than practice this year!!’
last year I had an awesome start (3rd in the heat) to stall it in the 3rd corner. Everyone goes by, I ride back one spot short of a transfer. The next day, told my son, I needed to man up and get through that rhythm section that I was pussing on Sunday. First lap, jumped through some what ok, 2nd lap hit the one funny, grabbed the brakes and on my head, and hurt my hip. My son said it was my fault because I was only half committed to it. He is probably right.

Hopefully the track is going back to fun again.

John250

PR Founding Father
When I left the speedway last night it was like nothing I've ever seen in 11 years racing the race. The pit bikes were out of control. Every three foot was a pit bike, going every where, every direction. Then on top of that constantly honking horns the whole time. Crazy crazy. I even made comments about parents just letting their 10 year old ride the whole property.

Today, this email came out. I wonder how the conversation was with Davey Combs and Speedway Security.

Hershey and Knox would have been knocking kids off pit bikes it was so bad.

Maybe one day parents will learn to control their kids.
29818.png