2020 Loretta Lynn Qualifiers and Regionals

John250

PR Founding Father
MX Sports put this email out. Says the Race Leadership Team will be meeting again next monday to discuss. Also mentions they will be releasing a video on the decision making process with several scenarios.

Screenshot_20200407-001113_Email.jpg

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Does anyone think that with talk of rescheduling the SX races still (which would mean outdoor MX is off) that Racer Productions isn't looking for a way to suck all the money they can out of us all still no matter what the timeframe is???? SX is not their deal but they are tied to outdoor MX, so if SX takes all the professional money out there for the year.............. that leaves Amateur MX as the next best thing!!!!

owndjoo

PR Member
Push the regionals into July. There is about a one month buffer til the Ranch as it is. Bump the regionals back a month if you have too. Or as mentioned, run super regionals or two regionals per region, or possibly condense down the areas to a couple weekends taking the top 20 from each weekend to the regionals.

John250

PR Founding Father
Guess we will all know what they are thinking (options) as soon as they post the video.

Vet261

PR Addict
You can watch it here

Plan A = what we are in now.

Plan B = must be racing by May, Regionals pushed back a bit.

Plan C = area qualifiers scrapped entirely, each region has 3 "Super Regionals." One for Youth, one for amateur, one for VETs.

Plan D = area and regionals scrapped. Lorettas week changed to 2 week format, one week for youth, one week for amateur. Qualify at the ranch.

John250

PR Founding Father
Plan C and D both actually seem pretty cool to me.

C gets a vet only regional. And D sounds like 2 weeks at the ranch. Everyone gets to race through a qualifer system more like the Mini Os I suppose.

Toddco327

PR Addict
Loretta’s is a huge money maker for all involved. We constantly complain about not having a place to ride. With that said taking out of areas and possible regionals would hurt the track owners a lot. A weekend of riders and fees might be a make a break type of event for the year. Tractor payments. Insurance. Etc doesnt stop. The events them itself is needed. Imagine taking 600 riders and 3000 spectators away from a track for a weekend. This could get hairy.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Showing up to qualify in would be brutal.

I wonder what the numbers would be like?

I have to think any of these options would be way harder to qualify in than the traditional AQ-RQ-Ranch.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I think plan C is actually a great idea. This would give 3 tracks HUGE turnouts in each region. Of course I would hope that they are ALL on the same weekend and would keep people from running several regionals. Of course that will not happen as they want as much $ as possible.
plan D would be a nightmare. IF you can get everyone in that place that would want to come, how in the hell would you get everyone out and the next group back in? This would also takeaway the “feel” of Loretta’s. The 3 moto’s over 4 days would be very clunky as there would be a lot of start and stops. Not moto’s every 30 minutes.
no matter the format, this will be a year like no other. This would be my first year of eligibility for the 50+ class and hearing anything about LL makes you really want to go. Unfortunately I am fat and don’t have a bike so it’s not an option for me. But no matter how old you get (or out of shape) it’s hard to resist the draw of a chance to win that damn race.
Hey, if they do plan d then more Ohio riders will actually get to race. Of course they still wouldn’t make the main. But at least they would get the chance to go.
Side note. Anyone remember the guy that use to be the head flagged? The dude had a handlebar mustache.... what was is name?

John250

PR Founding Father
Plan D. No way it could be back to back weeks. And yes, it would still be packed!!

I love the idea of all the regionals on the same day. Pick which track you like the best and go. One weekend. Perfect.

Meister

PR Founding Father
I like c and d. I better stop eating ice cream and drinking beer.

I'd love for it to be D. Been 20 years exactly since my wheels touched that dirt.

John250

PR Founding Father
I agree. Plan D would almost have to be limited registration.

Many places are cancelling all youth sporting and activities through the summer. Its gonna be interesting. And different states will probably open different things at different times.