2020 Loretta Lynn Qualifiers and Regionals

owndjoo

PR Member
Can't have the plan C all on the same day. Each one would need to be on different weekends. You have youth and amateur and vets, kids/dads, as well as amateur and vets that race different classes too. I could see keeping it Youth and Amateur but make them 3 days of racing instead with a qualifier moto 1.

Vet261

PR Addict
NM found it.

AMA Amateur Motocross:

The remainder of the Area Qualifiers are cancelled and the series will resume under a Super-Regional format (previously announced ‘Plan C’) commencing the weekend of June 6/7 through July 4/5. The format will consist of three different regionals (Amateur, Youth and Vet) in each of the eight regions. MX Sports is currently working with organizers to develop a schedule to accommodate this plan and will announce the dates and locations next week.

Vet261

PR Addict
My guess -- you will still see the same tracks running regionals that were already scheduled to run them. Unless of course there is a scheduling issue that the track cannot accommodate. So, for ME, I'm sure you will still see Ironman and BC as regionals, but we have to find out the 3rd one. My guess -- Red Bud will be added as the "Vet" regional. For NE, I'm putting my money on HighPoint being added for VET.

jj584

PR Addict
I don’t see this happening this year. Some states are talking about social distancing through the entire year. Each state is on its own trajectory, racing at all in 2020 is going to be tough.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
My guess -- you will still see the same tracks running regionals that were already scheduled to run them. Unless of course there is a scheduling issue that the track cannot accommodate. So, for ME, I'm sure you will still see Ironman and BC as regionals, but we have to find out the 3rd one. My guess -- Red Bud will be added as the "Vet" regional. For NE, I'm putting my money on HighPoint being added for VET.

Michigan is getting hit pretty hard by this stuff. (D) governor is going to be more cautious than most I bet.

Is collegeboy vet? Please say collegeboy is vet. - I love red bud.

jj584

PR Addict
Michigan is getting hit pretty hard by this stuff. (D) governor is going to be more cautious than most I bet.

Is collegeboy vet? Please say collegeboy is vet. - I love red bud.
I would bet on the super Loretta’s if anything. As much of a long period, expensive pain in the ass that would be. It would interesting to see the results. We know there’s a kid that missed getting in somewhere who’s faster than another kid who’s in the top of their region. The people that make it in could be a different landscape.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
major bummer i had no realistic hope of making it all the way to LL but really was looking forward to some AQs and hopefully racing a regional or 2 this year. guess ill continue my corona diet and worry about it in 21.

jj584

PR Addict
major bummer i had no realistic hope of making it all the way to LL but really was looking forward to some AQs and hopefully racing a regional or 2 this year. guess ill continue my corona diet and worry about it in 21.
At this point I just want to be able to ride at more than the three tracks we’ve been hitting.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Super Regionals if they happen will be great racing and at pretty good tracks too most likely. Areas are always so early that more than half of them are complete mud fests where people will draw spoons after driving 6 hours to qualify there.
Regionals have always been where the great racing is anyway, the weather is generally better by that time of year and the full gates of guys chasing Loretta’s dream makes it tough to get through. If you are prepared to race when we get the chance at one of these races, could be lots of fun!
I’m hoping Vet Mideast is at either Red Bud or Ironman for my choice of tracks.

John250

PR Founding Father
I would not mind the vet regional being at Briar Cliff and the Amateur at Ironman for my son. Although my son usually rides BC pretty well.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
John250 - I think since Briarcliff was already the Youth Regional for this year and Ironman was already the Amateur Regional for this year, it would be surprising if they changed them around to what you are suggesting. The real question becomes if they add a third regional for Vets, where would that be? Favorites of MX Sports in our region for Regional races that aren't on the schedule now are of course - Red Bud, Baja Acres, Sunday Creek. Those 3 tracks have had multiple Regionals over the past few years and would be the best bet to get one this year if a third is added. Problem is 2 of them are in Michigan and Michigan is in a real lock down based on their governor and may not be able to have races like that in June......

We will have to see.