Favorite track section in Ohio

MX315

PR Addict
Bored out of my mind ...Post up your favorite section of a OHIO TRACK ONLY. The section where you just felt the flow and wished the day would never end !! Could be from a closed track also ...We all have memories of Lo conn and Scenic ....My favorite all time ...Coming around the turn over the Dirt world double ! Even though it wasn’t that big at all the face was always sweet and the landing was perfect ...and just pin it to the next corner and rail the inside like a pro hahaha
E6C94A8D-6E27-4ABF-A015-6ED2B1FF3FFF.jpeg

John250

PR Founding Father
I used to like the back section along the tree line to the finish at Malvern about 4 or 5 years ago. Come through the corner there was jump that you jumped over the table top, then a couple rollers, down hill to the step up into the corner. That step up always was great, you just floated up into the corner. Back down hill to a table top into a double, then the like table step thing that was after the finish. All were a lot of fun and safe jumps. Wish they had not changed it.

PS.......That is Hershey trying to catch me.....

Malvern Uphill.jpg

hindsy

PR Addict
I'd have to agree with MX315. I mean once I finally nutted up and got over it... it was a nice sweet jump. Didn't Malvern have its own version of the "gravity cavity"? Or am I confusing this with OIR? I just remember it was a sweet section to watch when I was a kid. You A riders would blast over it!

owndjoo

PR Member
I miss the olllllld days at Sunset Ramblers in galion. The big table into The looong turning whoop section into a bowl tune right into a nice rhythm section with multiple options. That track was a blast back then. Never see that kind of technical stuff on MX tracks anymore.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
A favorite section that is no longer was the two single mounds along the woods at Amherst Meadowlarks that had been there for years. And then when KTM was having their dealer show in Amherst and bike intros at Meadowlarks, they had Guy Cooper (who was riding for them at the time) break in the brand new bikes at Meadowlarks before the dealer reps got to ride them. Guy, being the type of rider that he is, just doubled the two mounds like it was nothing (no one had ever even considered it before), and one of the regulars asked him if he doubled those mounds along the woods, and he said - that double over there???? Yeah, I jumped it.

Well, word got out, and everyone that thought they were good needed to jump it then (including me), and it was a pretty good poke to make it. It lasted maybe a summer like that and one of the kids of one of the officers ended up getting life flighted out after getting out of control on it and hitting a tree really hard. That was the end of the Cooper double, it was quickly bulldozed down and changed forever.

I loved Scenic just about everywhere on the track, and the huge downhill in the early version of the track was one of my favorites. I had battles of death with Dave Hand there and he was amazed at how I could go so fast down the hill that scared him to death where I'd pass him every lap and then he'd pass me back until we got there again. The steering damper I was running was my secret to being able to keep it pinned down the hill without fear. But Scenic has a special place in my heart as one of the best tracks I ever raced on.

Early renditions of Briarcliff's A/B track were really fun too. When the track was really difficult early on is when I liked it the most, and when the original whoops were still there, that was the track!

Some of Beans Road tracks were killer too. The early days when Brock Sellards used to bring the KTM team there to ride, the track was bad ass (and kind of dangerous too) and you had to have the balls to do all of the stuff there. It wasn't for everyone, and that's what made it good!

I miss the changing track and the tree sections of Smith Rd when George ran it, every week you never knew what you were going to get, sometimes tight and off cambers, sometimes more open and fast, one week clockwise, one week counterclockwise, it was just fun to show up every week knowing that it was going to be an all new track to learn every time.

hershey

PR Elite
Beachwood trails. It had such good flow, the section where you dropped back into the woods them doubled uphill back out was awesome. And the massive table along the woods. I miss that place.

I still think Red Bud is my all time favorite track. I only ride there 1 or 2 times a year, the dirt is perfect, the ruts, bumps and lines are perfect and the jumps are so fun. I wish I had started riding there when I was young a dumb enough to do the leap.

hershey

PR Elite
I used to like the back section along the tree line to the finish at Malvern about 4 or 5 years ago. Come through the corner there was jump that you jumped over the table top, then a couple rollers, down hill to the step up into the corner. That step up always was great, you just floated up into the corner. Back down hill to a table top into a double, then the like table step thing that was after the finish. All were a lot of fun and safe jumps. Wish they had not changed it.

PS.......That is Hershey trying to catch me.....

View attachment 70002
You mean half a lap before I passed you!

jfalat

PR Addict
I am going with scenic highland as my favorite track....love that place..going to have to throw in area 330 and spring valley top favorites too..also have to agree with Hershey on beachwood.. that place was really fun too....

weaver658

PR Member
Broken spokes spectator table seemed so huge back in the day! Coming down the down hill into the finish line and then the triple after that was so cool. Miss that place.

Strouble

PR Addict
Back in the 90’s my step-dad ran all the CRA hare scramble races...although I wasn’t riding, I walked every track on the schedule by myself as a young teenager. Those are some of the best memories I have.

TPMX #8

PR Addict
I can still FEEL the double at Dirt World,
My favorite place was Spring Valley
Senic was always good
Beans was a good time
Always had trouble with the front section when I went back to 2 stroke

MX315

PR Addict
Anyone remember that big jump at spring valley ...not the little pro section.The one on the far tree line ..that was sweet! Had a sweet name just can’t remember it

ck1racerx

PR Addict
The tunnel jump at Dirt Country and the 360 degree sweeper around the pond and back through the tunnel. Ironically it was best after the couches raced. They would push all the loose dirt to the outside then you could go around that turn at nearly full throttle standing on the pegs just blasting the berm. If you had the balls you could also flattrack the blue grove. One of if not the best passing zone I ever rode. I can shut my eyes and still see Troy Graham, Mike Bias, Tommy Watts, Dave Morh and Greg the Axe Maddox all covered by a napkin hammer that turn. Damn we had such talent in this area.

Toddco327

PR Addict
Nothing like the Dirtworld double.

I was a huge fan of Spring Valley when you would jump up the hill on the tree line and hit the long sweeper

It took me years to do it but the double up the hill at OIR. Not the one along the right side but the one in the middle. It was so fun.
ABE0ECEE-83E6-48FE-877B-CBD0D4DB1160.jpeg