Favorite track section in Ohio

dnutt

PR Member
I was hitting it hard in 4th on the 450 and not making the downside. There’s no lip, just ski jump now. The other step up out front is easy in 3rd.
When was this? I was there Wednesday... came up just short 1st attempt and thought I was gonna eat it but held on..would be nice if he could make a longer more forgiving landing though... I like tripling down then hitting that step up on the front section

owndjoo

PR Member
When was this? I was there Wednesday... came up just short 1st attempt and thought I was gonna eat it but held on..would be nice if he could make a longer more forgiving landing though... I like tripling down then hitting that step up on the front section
3 weeks ago or so. Ofcourse who knows if it’s actually WFO or not lol.

Romanyak256

PR Addict
Measured it last time I was there (Oct 2019) 76ft to land on top, 98ft to small down side.. It is almost identical distance and speed to clear the uphill/step-up in the front (house side). So if you can clear that you should be good to go

i don’t know how much i believe that. That step up in the front i can coast up to the face and seat bounce it and clear it easily in 2nd... the wood line jump is almost 3rd wfo on my 450 to clean the whole thing.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
3 weeks ago or so. Ofcourse who knows if it’s actually WFO or not lol.

There is a new lip on the woodline step up. - and I'm hoping he means the front step up is 75 feet - and the wood line step up is 75 to the deck.

I was hitting the front step up in second sometimes too.

I always liked crow canyon section where you hung a left, then there was that little table single down the hill on a bit of an angle. Felt more so like a triple.

The Jaw breaker wfo on a 65. Cant think of the name of the track. I’m smoked. It’s closed now. But they had a pro section there too that was cool. Ended in the uphill triple where Meister used to lay it flat.

spring valley had a pretty sweet mini bike track too.

Always loved that jump at crow canyon!
Indian mound was a good fun too, deep sand and the dirtiest pack of children running around all day
I really miss Area330

dnutt

PR Member
I know I'm in the minority here but you can keep the rollers! My old ass hates bouncing through them trying to hang on lol

MX315

PR Addict
Funny how 99% of the responses are for jumps. I would imagine 99% of complaints are about jumps. (excluding dust or prep in general)

Can we do the worst track sections next? I have my list ready
Nah man ...keep it positive for once !!! How about the most negative person on pitracer ??? That should be easy and fun Hahahaha

NQ1965

PR Elite
Funny how 99% of the responses are for jumps. I would imagine 99% of complaints are about jumps.

Don't have to view his comment as entirely negative, because the same thought occurred to me as well.
Everybody loves a good jump, or jump section. Nothing wrong with that.
I find myself impressed with tracks that make creative and challenging use of landscape and natural terrain without it becoming about monster jumps.
Motocross and Grand Prix's should be about more than just jump skills.

(oooops, got stuck in my time warp again)

1588040482605.png

1588040553006.png

1588040664094.png

1588040734964.png

1588040990915.png

1588041128900.png

1588041196551.png

1588041292754.png

1588041372576.png

1588041460004.png

1588041517190.png

1588041577421.png

1588041712093.png

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Funny how 99% of the responses are for jumps. I would imagine 99% of complaints are about jumps. (excluding dust or prep in general)

Worst section? Just about anything from 1985......

jfalat

PR Addict
I love tracks with big natural elevation changes.. i guess that's why area 330 and scenic are on my top of faves.. if its out of state.. mount morris.. steel city and pavilion mx... i am sure there are others ,but these are the ones i have had the pleasure of riding on...

hindsy

PR Addict

Don't forget water... Complaining about water always is up there... lol

hershey

PR Elite
I love tracks with big natural elevation changes.. i guess that's why area 330 and scenic are on my top of faves.. if its out of state.. mount morris.. steel city and pavilion mx... i am sure there are others ,but these are the ones i have had the pleasure of riding on...

Beans is the best place in ohio for elevations! Awesome track

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Worst section? Just about anything from 1985......
I have an answer for that... All, 100% of Honda Hills. Hated that place. Rocks, cow poop, terrible lighting and I got smoked every time.

Honestly from my brief comeback a couple years ago. I didn't hate any track I rode. Really liked Malvern and East Fork. Cliff is nice, just a little too fast for my taste. Mostly a quad track. Totally get that. Love the 180 first turn

NQ1965

PR Elite
I have an answer for that... All, 100% of Honda Hills. Hated that place. Rocks, cow poop, terrible lighting and I got smoked every time.

I've got Hi8 camcorder footage of my son and I racing Honda Hills in 2003. I just have to find a good way to convert them to digital and get them uploaded. I burned them to DVD and have the files here on my PC, but need more time to mess with the files to see if I can get them to You Tube.
It was just last week that I burned the vid's, and found myself thinking about how much fun the track was because it had such neat elevation variations and features compared to any of the tracks that I've raced since then.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Another ironic twist. More compliments about jumps than elevation change as favorite sections. Yet most say elevation makes a “good” track.
For me elevation only matters if the track has a lot of it. A lot as in Mt.Morris, Springcreek or on a local scale, the Action Sports track in Athens. Honda hills had the drop off thing and a pretty good uphill start (which we ruined by the worst first turn in the state) and that was it. The rest of the “elevation” was so tame it didn’t play into the track.
Look, I get it. Several people liked that track. But I think most of those people were locals and it was more sentimental then the actual quality of the track. The cow poop and rocks can’t be ignored or denied

NQ1965

PR Elite
And Action Sports/Athens isn't that big of a motocross track, but Drew made very good use of the terrain features available to him. Then to keep it even more challenging, for GP races he'd switch up and run it backwards and it still worked well.

Last edited: