Boots for $39? This can’t be real

Alexander

PR Addict
Just checking to see if the A10s have shown up yet or heard anything on shipping.

I thought it was a deal when I got some new Sidi Atojos from a site called Chromeburner for $350. What was really amazing is that they were shipped Fedex and arrived in 3 days from Amsterdam!
Nothing yet.....

k01

PR Elite
Save0004.JPG

Sporting my new $39 boots in 1974. Ok, might have spent $40 with tax.

hindsy

PR Addict
if I woke up 18 tomorrow I’d go to trade school. I’ve met many-a-idiots with a PhD. Smartest guys I’ve met are experienced carpenters, electricians and plumbers.
This is such a true statement! how many more of these carpenters, electricians and plumbers can just about adapt their specialty and fix anything versus that PhD guy?
oh and $39 boots I paid 20 for some used ones for my kid. Might order the next size up for his growing feet for the next pair at those prices.

four26stroker

PR Member
Boots look like the fun never ends for $35 too bad the size....but for the cost it’s like me with extra helmets, some ones always forgets one. It’s nice to lend in a time of need.

Last edited:

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
this post has me wanting to buy every scam i see online now just to see if i get lucky... almost bought a $50 Milwaukee 1/2 impact. clearly a scam but.. those boots were clearly a scam too! lol

NQ1965

PR Elite
1980's version worn here. I was gear semisponsored as part of a magazine photo shoot.View attachment 70586

I see the front plate on those boots. That's actually a pretty good Jeep publicity photo. I would of hung that on my bedroom wall when I was a teenager.
I loved all of those old truck ads from the 70's. And I also remember Vet261 had a good Toyota 4x4 photo with I think a KX125, that could of been an ad photo.

When I was first getting hooked on bikes around eleven or twelve years old. I read those magazines from front to back, every article, every ad and ad picture. My buddy and I would take out a lot of the cool magazine photos and hang on our bedroom walls. I only had enough lawn mowing and snow shoveling money to buy bike repair parts, but I loved the whole dirt bike life image that the magazine ads portrayed in the 70's and 80's. Hell I still love it today at 54 years old. You guys would of been my teenage hero's... :D

Reactions: k01

freeh

PR Founding Father
I see the front plate on those boots. That's actually a pretty good Jeep publicity photo. I would of hung that on my bedroom wall when I was a teenager.
I loved all of those old truck ads from the 70's. And I also remember Vet261 had a good Toyota 4x4 photo with I think a KX125, that could of been an ad photo.

When I was first getting hooked on bikes around eleven or twelve years old. I read those magazines from front to back, every article, every ad and ad picture. My buddy and I would take out a lot of the cool magazine photos and hang on our bedroom walls. I only had enough lawn mowing and snow shoveling money to buy bike repair parts, but I loved the whole dirt bike life image that the magazine ads portrayed in the 70's and 80's. Hell I still love it today at 54 years old. You guys would of been my teenage hero's... :D
I was looking up Jeep Comanches on facebook marketplace after seeing that pic!

NQ1965

PR Elite
Always loved looking at the boots ads. Who doesn't want cool and manly looking boots when you ride or race? Just makes the image doesn't it!

Did back then, and still does today.
Hondaline 1970.jpg

Spotted these ones. Old school cool. Had to of been a Hard Core racer wearing these.
OIP5181Q1EZ.jpg

OIPZRRV8AEM.jpg

Evolution in Boots.
1981_AXO_616034.jpg

s1200_Untitled.jpg

Fox has always mastered at showcasing the Fox Head. FOX is MOTO,
maxresdefault.jpg

And now the sky is the limit.

crossfirecairoliad1.jpg

RV2's.jpg

Love this ad pic I spotted on line. So Cool!
5bb7ae6fffe48e6dbf68aede.jpg

I could own 20 pair of dirt bike boots and I don't think I would ever tire of any of them. And I know that it's because of my young years of just dreaming of getting my 1st pair of moto footwear.
Sorry........... just me babbling on about BOOTS.

Meister

PR Founding Father
Anyone interested in purchasing old boots like what's been posted? I got a line on a bunch if seriously interested.

k01

PR Elite
I was looking up Jeep Comanches on facebook marketplace after seeing that pic!

That truck was a 1986 one off magazine test vehicle. I got to buy it from Jeep. Most fun truck I ever owned. A drunk driver plowed into to all but total it. Those seats and rugged body construction saved me from injury.
Scan027, January 02, 2005 (2)-3.jpg

freeh

PR Founding Father
That truck was a 1986 one off magazine test vehicle. I got to buy it from Jeep. Most fun truck I ever owned. A drunk driver plowed into to all but total it. Those seats and rugged body construction saved me from injury.View attachment 70616
That things was badass! Glad you didn't get hurt. Sucks that the truck did though.
Not sure what is more cool, an old Jeep truck like that or one of those old Waggonears.