2019 Bike

I rode my RMZ back to back with Smith's 2020 Rockstar Husky 450 a couple weeks ago. Since he has Ohlins suspension, you are basically talking about a $15,000 bike.

Would I rather have his bike than my RMZ? Yes, but really just because of the magic button. All the fancy map buttons are cool and all, but in reality I would put the bike in "2" and leave it. Similar to my RMZ where I tried the different mapping couplers and then left it alone with the one I liked best (stock).

Is it honestly worth DOUBLE the price of my bike? Not really.
I kinda thought the same thing about all the ignition changes on the fly, then i had them.
if you always ride groomed moto you would probably settle in to one setting, but riding all different types of terrain (moto, harescrambles, GPs, or trail riding) and you really notice the differences. Traction Control on a hard packed greasy day is magic. Tite single tract trail riding in mode one and traction control with the slow turn throttle makes the 450 so mellow. just so much adjust-ability you never thought you needed. Stock suspension is some of the best out there, lots of money could make any suspension better though. haha

It’s almost like cheating. It’s awesome. I slipped and slid and greased around site lap at pine lake. Pressed that TC button about halfway into lap one of the race and omg the difference. Like.....WOW. No longer skating around. Was truly magic.

if you always ride groomed moto you would probably settle in to one setting, but riding all different types of terrain (moto, harescrambles, GPs, or trail riding) and you really notice the differences. Traction Control on a hard packed greasy day is magic.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I was riding it. For pure "first world problems" moto like most of us deal with, I'd never change it. But I do like racing a variety and was thinking it would be good for off road.

Back