OMA rules question.

Does the bike a rider uses in the first moto have to be the same frame he rides in the second? I read the rule book, couldn’t find anything on it.
Straight from page 9/12 of the rulebook:

"Riders must race the bike or atv that they
ran in their heat or qualifier (first race), they
may change the engine or engine parts in
the event of mechanical failure. The
changed parts or engine must comply with
the rules of the class. Any rider that cannot
race the same frame from moto 1 will not be
permitted to race moto 2 on a different
machine."

And so i don't have to answer the next question:
"All protest must be made within 30 minutes
of the end of the race in question. All
protests must complete in writing the OMA
Protest form and be signed by the protestor.
A $25 filing fee must be paid by the
protestor to the OMA. Visual inspection
protest shall not require any fees beyond the
$25. All machines found to be outside the
legal limits of the class will be disqualified
from the event that the protest was filed.
The rider shall earn no points for that event."

Speaking of Ryan and protests, Ryan got protested for racing his 65 in an 85cc race.

stuff like that happens all the time. I got protested for racing a supermini in schoolboy. They said my turning radius was better and weight to power ratio was unfair to a 125. Lol. And the rule at the time was wheelbase. So, My dad ran the longest chain he had, he had adjusted way out and barely made the requirement. Won that protest. Big wheels, Chain adjustment and longer swing arm made the difference.

Straight from page 9/12 of the rulebook:

"Riders must race the bike or atv that they
ran in their heat or qualifier (first race), they
may change the engine or engine parts in
the event of mechanical failure. The
changed parts or engine must comply with
the rules of the class. Any rider that cannot
race the same frame from moto 1 will not be
permitted to race moto 2 on a different
machine."

And so i don't have to answer the next question:
"All protest must be made within 30 minutes
of the end of the race in question. All
protests must complete in writing the OMA
Protest form and be signed by the protestor.
A $25 filing fee must be paid by the
protestor to the OMA. Visual inspection
protest shall not require any fees beyond the
$25. All machines found to be outside the
legal limits of the class will be disqualified
from the event that the protest was filed.
The rider shall earn no points for that event."
Spacecat found it for me earlier, I have a bad habit of skimming and couldn’t find it on my phone. Blame it on my A.D.D baby! I wouldn’t protest it, but really wanted to know so I could use two bikes. Been bit before by laziness and weather.

I am a follow the rules kind of guy when it comes to racing. Maybe it's because I'm biased because we have been on the bad side of wrong bike in wrong class.

If I remember right, a few years ago at the chillitown battle, mcdade rode a different bike for his second moto and he got dq’d. I don’t know if anybody protested him or not but I’m thinking he may have got a black flag. Not sure that sheds any light or not but that’s one instance I remember.

yea thats the game. if you're not paying attention someone might squeak it.

But who knows whose running the superflo kit in a bike in the stock class without looking? Prob everyone from 9-40th. But those top 3 better not be.....Much can be learned at the impound of the pw50 class at lorettas every year.

I've done it. I was running two classes and had bike issues in second moto of first class. Borrowed a bike and asked referee in staging if I could ride, didn't care if they scored me or not. He asked all the riders if anyone had an issue with me riding, nobody spoke up so I got to ride and was scored. Keep in mind this was a vet class at a local race.

Man, here I could have protested Blair last week for racing Opie's 350, set up for 140lb rider in the 50 plus class! Blair breaking the rules.

Seriously, on a local level do any of us care? If someone has a bike issue and borrows a bike to ride the 2nd moto, who cares! We are racing for a piece of plastic. I could care less if someone swaps bikes in my classes or my sons, as long as it is a legal bike for the class.

Lol...yeah those urban legends have a way of morphing
No bro I seen a video and everything !!! Dude was a psycho ...Anyone know if there will be a Dave feat this year with everything going on??? Asking for a friends to a friend ??? :)

Man, here I could have protested Blair last week for racing Opie's 350, set up for 140lb rider in the 50 plus class! Blair breaking the rules.

Seriously, on a local level do any of us care? If someone has a bike issue and borrows a bike to ride the 2nd moto, who cares! We are racing for a piece of plastic. I could care less if someone swaps bikes in my classes or my sons, as long as it is a legal bike for the class.

Nope, dont care personally. But I've had to enforce the rulebook several times, which sucked. Lol

Guilty of doing this when the boy was racing 85/Super. the Super took a dump after the 1st moto and just swapped wheels back and forth. Never even considered that I would be breaking the rules....LAME. At LL and the regionals, they check VIN numbers in staging. That I understand. Our incident was at Route 62. BFD...It beat loading up and going home....

Back