Battle for Ohio Official Post!

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
I sent this to Jeremy, but for those that don't know the best outdoor skatepark in Ohio is just 10 mins from BC. When practice got canceled we rounded up as many kids as we could find and took off for the park.

Attachments

• IMG_43091.jpg
    IMG_43091.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 161

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Battle for Ohio wrap up, I think I'm finally starting to feel normal again. I think that considering the weather forecast, we had a very good turnout. As a promoter you always hope for more, but are thankful for what you get. I was definitely bummed that we had to cancel practice on Saturday, but it turned out to be a wise decision with how the track turned out for Saturday motos, and then on Sunday as well. Who would have guessed that we would be watering Saturday, and seen dust? That's how fast things can turn on you in the motocross world. Just like that. Saturday ATV/PW racing went well. We clicked them off, done by 7 or 7:30, I cant remember. We had a very nice fireworks display Saturday night. The track Sunday was probably a top 5 gnarliest results I've ever seen develop at Briarcliff. Huge deep ruts, breaking bumps, breaking bumps in ruts. lines in places that aren't normal. This was coming off an atv race track that wasn't muddy or wet, and was fairly smooth. So between Saturday night prep and all the animals that raced Sunday, a mans track emerged.It was EPIC. It took me three times as long to grade out. A special thanks to Cara Osborn and Reese Osborn for handling the gate under hurricane like conditions Friday. We were all soaked. Huge thanks to Luke, Johnny, Ron, Dave, Bwood, Matt and anyone else who helped with the deck that we decided to rebuild in three days, plus the window install at sign up! It was a week. I'm sorry i cant name everyone, but if you stepped on the property last week and did anything, you I know I'm thankful for your help. Huge thanks to my friends, family, crews, sponsors, vendors, and the racers. Next to the ATV National, that might be the most spectators I've ever seen here. Huge spectator turnout. Thanks everyone!

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
You made Logan bust outta the shower, soaking wet, throwing shorts on when he heard the first fire work. Lol.

He did say before the finish line the ruts where down into the tree roots.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
A few turns before that, in the new chicane, where they turn left to head up the hill they were riding out by the trees into the roots and on the water truck road. In that actual turn it was so deep, I'm not sure how minis were getting through there?? Maybe on the ridges between the ruts??