Suzuki is done

ck1racerx

PR Addict
That’s funny. A TV network thinks they have any power over a Motor company.
“you have to keep giving me money, it’s in the contract”.

Toddco327

PR Addict
Suzuki is just following their market. They are huge in China, India and all other nasty ass cheap countries around the world. They are also leading the market in Japan. No need to dump ton of money in Sport bikes and motocross bikes. That is not what sells. Just business.
What Suzuki sells total in the US and Europe doesn’t even account for 5% of their sales in Asia. (Motorcycles)

Toddco327

PR Addict
In case you all have been waiting. Here is the info on the all new 2023 Suzuki RM 250 and 450.

Why not just keep the exhaust and lower the price 1000.

But at the end of the day they don’t care about Mx bikes. Why change it if there isn’t a reason. They sell every unit they make. They haven’t had to do one thing different to the bike and it just keeps producing. At this point the cost of these bikes is zero and they are making huge profits.

And honestly there hasn’t been any monumental changes to MX bikes in the last 20yrs.

Suzuki only cares about Asian markets. That’s their cash cow. MX is just a a side hustle. But hey! You can get a decent bike with a reasonable price tag

Toddco327

PR Addict
But the title says Suzuki is done :confused:
Maybe done with New and in with Old! I mean everything used to be better back in the past anyway.

And if we really want to do the math… JS7. KR94. RD5 and RC4 have all won on that same bike… hard to argue it doesn’t work.

Again why change the formula if it produces. R&D from 12yrs ago is still working. No additional testing or costs or labor. Just “I need 100k more of the same bike”. No additional math or design or people dedicated to making marginal changes. Just collect that check!

Vet261

PR Addict
The real reason people are bothered by Suzuki's lack of updates to the MX bikes is......EGO.
Some of the most vocal people regarding the lack of updates are those who don't ride them, and never would regardless of what updates they make.

We all like to think how important we are with our little sport of riding/racing dirt bikes around a closed course. It is a blow to our inflated egos to see a company like Suzuki be like "ehh...you get this...."
"How dare Suzuki not cater to us!"
"How could Suzuki not care how important we are and our $9k purchase!"

Is it a good bike still? Yes. Does it stroke our egos making us feel important? No.
Do I still love Suzuki? Yes. Will I be buying one? No!

I'm happy with my ego-stroking orange/white/red bikes now thanks!

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
1531.jpg

I loved my last yellow ego-stroker ! :)

hershey

PR Elite
20130405_153750.jpg

My 2013. Bought it after riding Crutes I think? Maybe Sharc? At the great NCMP riding trip with Jimbo. Put Ohlind on it and it was one the best bikes I've ever owned. Burned up in my BC trailer fire/ poop incident

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
View attachment 75974

My 2013. Bought it after riding Crutes I think? Maybe Sharc? At the great NCMP riding trip with Jimbo. Put Ohlind on it and it was one the best bikes I've ever owned. Burned up in my BC trailer fire/ poop incident
I made that girl lighter in the swingarm on the first day. And then you didn’t remember buying it. “Do I have a suzuki? Yea that’s my bike. I don’t know where the ____ I am right now”