450 Yamaha's

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Theme for the last build was low budget. Very different theme for this one. Here is a hint
1606497204888.jpeg

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Dad was a tank driver in the Army. Son currently in the Army so I am going to do a “tank” theme bike build. No shiny bling, all OD green, black or that sand color. Kinda make the bike have meaning with function.
the works $15,000 two stoke builds are cool but the point of a old bike build is to do it cheaper than a new fart bike.
Lots of ideas in my head. Should be bad ass.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
My 24 year old son. He has been in for 7 years already. Youngest son (the one that raced) will be 13 later this week

ck1racerx

PR Addict
1606571053787.jpeg
Sold the 125 about two years ago. But like Johnny. I am pretty brand loyal. Got a soft spot for green. This is just going to be a different shade of green.
So I got home and actually looked at the bike. As expected it is pretty abused. Plenty of missing nuts and bolts. Lots of zip ties holding it together. Big ugly oversized tank that does not fit. But it does have a few surprises that I did not notice. Full Pro Curcuit exhalst with only one small dent ( nickel playing which will be stripped) so that saved me a couple hundred bucks. It has Applied clamps top and bottom. Big bucks there. But, don’t think I can use them with the fork upgrade I am planning. Any one know if ‘03 clamps will hold ‘17 and up forks? Everyone hated those air forks Kawi used, so I should be able to score a set fairly reasonably???
Going to wait a week or two before I dig into it. Have to get my garage ready first. Don’t you just love an “excuse” to buy more tools? Oh, and I have to learn to use a GoPro.
I’m not going to do the full blown conversation with the newer sub frame. But I am going to use the new Polisport kit.
Maybe a big bore? Not sure yet. Taking suggestions

Romanyak256

PR Addict
View attachment 71322Sold the 125 about two years ago. But like Johnny. I am pretty brand loyal. Got a soft spot for green. This is just going to be a different shade of green.
So I got home and actually looked at the bike. As expected it is pretty abused. Plenty of missing nuts and bolts. Lots of zip ties holding it together. Big ugly oversized tank that does not fit. But it does have a few surprises that I did not notice. Full Pro Curcuit exhalst with only one small dent ( nickel playing which will be stripped) so that saved me a couple hundred bucks. It has Applied clamps top and bottom. Big bucks there. But, don’t think I can use them with the fork upgrade I am planning. Any one know if ‘03 clamps will hold ‘17 and up forks? Everyone hated those air forks Kawi used, so I should be able to score a set fairly reasonably???
Going to wait a week or two before I dig into it. Have to get my garage ready first. Don’t you just love an “excuse” to buy more tools? Oh, and I have to learn to use a GoPro.
I’m not going to do the full blown conversation with the newer sub frame. But I am going to use the new Polisport kit.
Maybe a big bore? Not sure yet. Taking suggestions
I got a 500af I’ll sell you. Should be able to haul you around pretty good. It’s just sitting in the garage and i don’t know if I’ll be able to ride it again after braking my back at 62 a few weeks back.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Have fun dicking with 6 Schrader valves with the kawi air forks. Stick to springs....

wps Atleast are easier to manage with one air valve.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
The 04 forks in my opinion are excellent. 03 are weak, goofy brake line routing under the fork and use a smaller diameter front axel. Maybe I will look for 04 forks.
next issue I see is with the carb... why do you need a complicated, electronic throttle position sensor when the only position needed is WFO?
I know nothing about that carb. If I remove it for a Lectron, what do I do with the connection? I assume it adjust ignition at different throttle positions? I have a lot to learn.

weaver658

PR Member
Well Dylan Ferrandis crashed hard and broke his hand. Look, there is a reason Yamaha hasn’t won a supercross championship since 2009 or a motocross championship since 2007. Ever since the 450 went to the reverse motor it’s been junk.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Well Dylan Ferrandis crashed hard and broke his hand. Look, there is a reason Yamaha hasn’t won a supercross championship since 2009 or a motocross championship since 2007. Ever since the 450 went to the reverse motor it’s been junk.

I think hitting a kicker doesn't make a bike terrible. Did you watch the video?

This is more of an indian not the arrow situation.

Put ET3 on a yamaha and he still wins titles.

weaver658

PR Member
I think hitting a kicker doesn't make a bike terrible. Did you watch the video?

This is more of an indian not the arrow situation.

Put ET3 on a yamaha and he still wins titles.
Yes I saw the crash and just a mistake on the riders part for sure. If the yz is so good why hasn’t a great rider jumped on one and won a championship?

tj131

PR Member
Webb is the exception but let’s be honest he went to Champ camp. There hasn’t been a championship caliber rider on Yamaha since Stew.
That’s like saying Honda is junk because of Kenny is almost cost Kenny his arms. Or Suzuki ending Peicks career and almost costing Savatgy his career. Kawi is unreliable because Eli DNF’s and broke AC’s collarbone. KTM broke the diesels neck, caused him to retire early. It’s all nonsense. The bike is fine. They’re all good.