Winter rumors

What would be the point? I guess wanting to run AMA races instead of OMA, CRA, or RaceOhio?

When D12 had its big MX resurgence in late 90's and into the 00's, I believe their goal was to provide a different experience for motocrossers than what was available in Northern Ohio with CRA and MRA. Also at that time D-11 was still going strong, or at least "strong" by running series and a full schedule with a lot of tracks.

And no I haven't heard anything, but honestly I'm pretty far disconnected from it all at this point.

Buckeye added Grear's and Rt62 for 2021, I don't see a combined race with oma at chillitown.
I hope rt62 is doing stuff with oma also like they did in 2020.Turn outs were great.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201206-083655_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201206-083655_Chrome.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 154
I see they dropped pushetta as well
The buckeye series takes riders feedback in consideration. Pushetta was not dropped for any particular reason, we just have to many races in the schedule this year. There will be a race again that will bring the OMA and Race Ohio series together again.
We are looking for another great year of racing in 2021

Last edited:
The buckeye series takes riders feedback in consideration. Pushetta was not dropped for any particular reason, we just have to many races in the schedule this year. The will be a race again that will bring the OMA and Race Ohio series together again.
Glad to hear buckeye and oma working together again.

The buckeye series takes riders feedback in consideration. Pushetta was not dropped for any particular reason, we just have to many races in the schedule this year. There will be a race again that will bring the OMA and Race Ohio series together again.
Be honest pushetta was dropped bc it’s the worst track in the series, had the lowest turn outs and no one liked it. Smart of you guys to add grears and 62, both tracks are phenomenal.

It would be nice if we had the current organizations just work together to help both them and us out. The games the 2 big dogs play are ridiculous. Just hurts every one.

Hell, even the OMA shoots itself in the foot.

We try to work together somewhat, its not as easy as you think. There are roughly 30 weekends available. And likely 12-15 or so tracks that could run events in Ohio. Now before your mind jumps to the obvious with that math, what if I told you Canal Fulton Electrical could only do 2-4 jobs per year? The point being its not an easy task to avoid conflicts. My track for example, my kid comes first, so we schedule around her races, after I cut all of those out, and try to avoid stepping on as many toes as possible, well you get what we have, 1-2 local races for us. I do think that a north and south is warranted in Ohio, but how to avoid each other and make it work is a whole other challenge.

As far as the original question, I have heard this rumor as well. That would be interesting. My heart wishes Scenic was doable, or a Scenic like track and Area330. Both dead and gone, but if we had two tracks like them in similar locations, no doubt Id like to team up with them. AND NO, Im not building another track somewhere. Dude that's like asking a married man if he'd get married again.

And Go Browns!

We had a lot of fun this year, we did not intentionally focus on any series just picked and chose what we thought would be fun. My only 2 complaints is the parking at Malvern is ridiculous, I've never seen a greater display of patron ignorance. Nobody wants to be blocked in, in case their rider goes down stop parking like a jack ass because you showed up late. Also the ever ending quads and bikes on the same day. The night races with the hard pack surface after the dew falls is not a good combo. We personally wont be attending these any longer unless something is done about separating the two and doing full prep in between.

Scott Plessinger is "Making Motocross Great Again" in SW Ohio. The turn outs this season were huge. Most races had 400 plus entries. They added in some new tracks for '21 and going back to some old ones. These large turnouts are huge parking issues at COCR and DMC for example. Everyone shows up in 50 to 60 foot rigs, and tents out the sides, there are some tracks I would not want to pull into on race day with those rigs for sure.

We have rode all the Race Ohio races the last couple years, but I still like mixing on the Battle Series and Matthew wants to ride some qualifiers and regional. So this year, I am not sure we will be hitting all the races like in the past. Might have to just hit the tracks and races we want to hit.

JO and Scott by far both run the best programs, and Jason Rogers used to do great when he was running Malvern. Get them started and keep the motos rolling. Not sure anyone can keep JOs pace, but Scott does a great job also keeping the gate dropping.

We had a lot of fun this year, we did not intentionally focus on any series just picked and chose what we thought would be fun. My only 2 complaints is the parking at Malvern is ridiculous, I've never seen a greater display of patron ignorance. Nobody wants to be blocked in, in case their rider goes down stop parking like a jack ass because you showed up late. Also the ever ending quads and bikes on the same day. The night races with the hard pack surface after the dew falls is not a good combo. We personally wont be attending these any longer unless something is done about separating the two and doing full prep in between.
Hard pack night racing is just that....hard pack night racing. It’s a racing surface with limited dust. Get yourself an extra set of wheels with some hard pack tires and swap them.

hard pack and slick doesn’t really bother me all that much. Maybe because I raced it every single Friday night growing up at Pyma. There’s a skill to riding that type of surface. With patience. Otherwise you’re on your ass quick with a front end dive or a slide out. (And mini os looked just like Pyma hard pack blue groov—-and the scrub kings were finding themselves on the ground quick.—-so you can’t tell me you’ll never see a hard pack surface at a large caliber event. Because you will)

I know everyone today seems to want BC soil. D5 soil. Or sand. But....these places don’t hold night races. And they’re surfaces.

Last few times I’ve raced and rode at malvern I was happy. A lot of people are track fast there, partly do you the surface I think. But that’s cool in my opinion. Gets you racing people that you’d smoke in the sand or somewhere else.

parking lot...can agree. Probably would cost a fortune to plant grass seed

Hard pack night racing is just that....hard pack night racing. It’s a racing surface with limited dust. Get yourself an extra set of wheels with some hard pack tires and swap them.

hard pack and slick doesn’t really bother me all that much. Maybe because I raced it every single Friday night growing up at Pyma. There’s a skill to riding that type of surface. With patience. Otherwise you’re on your ass quick with a front end dive or a slide out. (And mini os looked just like Pyma hard pack blue groov—-and the scrub kings were finding themselves on the ground quick.—-so you can’t tell me you’ll never see a hard pack surface at a large caliber event. Because you will)

I know everyone today seems to want BC soil. D5 soil. Or sand. But....these places don’t hold night races. And they’re surfaces.

Last few times I’ve raced and rode at malvern I was happy. A lot of people are track fast there, partly do you the surface I think. But that’s cool in my opinion. Gets you racing people that you’d smoke in the sand or somewhere else.

parking lot...can agree. Probably would cost a fortune to plant grass seed
We ran MX33's he was able to move around decently just not a preference against other tracks that don't run quads. I'm sure we will race there again just not if there's a better option. As far as the parking, I'm not wishing for grass just make these morons park in rows.

Back