Winter rumors

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
I believe Scott is going to be helping them out.
I how it pays off, they are great people. With improved prep it will draw a good bit of people back after their first time.

One of the best days my son rode there was in a light drizzle that had early am rain. Track was fantastic that day.

Romanyak256

PR Addict
Grears is the next scenic and that place gives off the vibes heavily. Dave just has to figure out the prep! Plus side to grears is no rocks like scenic had. If he added a couple bigger jumps, the right hand uphill sweeper by the drive, Dave could do a 8 pack there like scenic had too. Boom scenic reincarnation.

jfalat

PR Addict
Grears is the next scenic and that place gives off the vibes heavily. Dave just has to figure out the prep! Plus side to grears is no rocks like scenic had. If he added a couple bigger jumps, the right hand uphill sweeper by the drive, Dave could do a 8 pack there like scenic had too. Boom scenic reincarnation.
Going to have to check this place out.

stumpy823

PR Member
Yes last time I was there he had screwed up the face on big step up by the woods and some stuff to short for the speed. And remember this is from old slow guy but track could be one of the best

Vet261

PR Addict
How does anyone actually keep track of the schedule for Race Ohio? When I turned 50 and got a new bike, I was trying to find races to do, and the amount of effort to actually figure out which races were on, and where, was very frustrating. I see stuff on FB, then they change things around all year, and the updates are difficult to follow. Seems like they do a good job running the races, etc, but promotion and presenting a unified message is lacking. Can someone just help them with admin work please?

John250

PR Founding Father
Its really not that bad. Buckeye Hills the last two years has thrown a wrench in it twice both years. They are off the schedule. Could be a good track, but trying to race it only a couple times a year and the location make it difficult and a ton of work to make it happen. Plus the owner has had some other projects going on.

Then this year Covid threw another wrench in there early in the year, but once they got going, it got going strong. I would like to see the numbers of riders Buckeye Series vs OMA (knox?). I am guessing the Buckeye series out drew the OMA in 2020.

Vet261

PR Addict
Yeah I saw turnouts were good, that's kinda why I was wondering why I was having such a hard time figuring it out. Except Chillitown really.

Hopefully for 21 they can stick to this posted schedule better so people can plan around it.

663dad

PR Addict
How does anyone actually keep track of the schedule for Race Ohio? When I turned 50 and got a new bike, I was trying to find races to do, and the amount of effort to actually figure out which races were on, and where, was very frustrating. I see stuff on FB, then they change things around all year, and the updates are difficult to follow. Seems like they do a good job running the races, etc, but promotion and presenting a unified message is lacking. Can someone just help them with admin work please?
Scott worked hard to keep to the schedule dates he puts out. 2019 the schedule changed at the end of the year due to the amount of rain that had fallen at buckeye hills in the fall, parking would have been a nightmare and 50 parents chasing 50's up and down large hills in muddy conditions would not be good. Don't forget this was the year is when Scott also took over Chillitown, he only had one date to work with with was in October. 2020 tended to stay on schedule, with the whole Covid-19 thing getting approvals from health departments to race was a challenge and the owner of Buckeye Hills getting his mega store (Octane Outlet ) up and running during this time,took away from getting the track ready. Most people have followed the series on Pitracer, Instagram facebook and the website, the number of riders turnout this year was mind blowing, so Scott must be doing something right.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
What tracks would even be in d12
Its really not that bad. Buckeye Hills the last two years has thrown a wrench in it twice both years. They are off the schedule. Could be a good track, but trying to race it only a couple times a year and the location make it difficult and a ton of work to make it happen. Plus the owner has had some other projects going on.

Then this year Covid threw another wrench in there early in the year, but once they got going, it got going strong. I would like to see the numbers of riders Buckeye Series vs OMA (knox?). I am guessing the Buckeye series out drew the OMA in 2020.
Is this one those my weiny is bigger than your type deals?? If so, we respectfully bow out of any such competitions.

Toddco327

PR Addict
Scott Plessinger is "Making Motocross Great Again" in SW Ohio. The turn outs this season were huge. Most races had 400 plus entries. They added in some new tracks for '21 and going back to some old ones. These large turnouts are huge parking issues at COCR and DMC for example. Everyone shows up in 50 to 60 foot rigs, and tents out the sides, there are some tracks I would not want to pull into on race day with those rigs for sure.

We have rode all the Race Ohio races the last couple years, but I still like mixing on the Battle Series and Matthew wants to ride some qualifiers and regional. So this year, I am not sure we will be hitting all the races like in the past. Might have to just hit the tracks and races we want to hit.

JO and Scott by far both run the best programs, and Jason Rogers used to do great when he was running Malvern. Get them started and keep the motos rolling. Not sure anyone can keep JOs pace, but Scott does a great job also keeping the gate dropping.

Geeeezzz. I hope they comp you the gate fee for this shameless add.

There is maybe 2 people that I know of that truly are terrible... outlaw Rich being one of them. You think his dozer is still broke?

Last edited:

ck1racerx

PR Addict

I have not seen results for southern Ohio in a couple years. The website has been ignored for the most part. I’m not an Instafacepage fan so I don’t know if they are posted there.
I miss the old printed “newsletter”. You had the points, schedule and other info in one simple place. Now you have to check 10 different sites and compile a spreadsheet. Then check daily for changes. I guess that was one benefit of the districts.