Bike Build... again

ck1racerx

PR Addict
So they announced another bike build contest on the Youtubes last night. Anyone else going to enter?
I have begun. Still planning exactly what I want to do. But it will be different.

Attachments

• 261A3F71-5C47-440A-BF0D-315BFA4D02B3.jpeg
    261A3F71-5C47-440A-BF0D-315BFA4D02B3.jpeg
    273.2 KB · Views: 218
  • 0AF038D5-2005-4D20-A395-080AE06FFCCA.jpeg
    0AF038D5-2005-4D20-A395-080AE06FFCCA.jpeg
    192.4 KB · Views: 195

Dano762

PR Addict
I enjoyed your last build and looking forward to watching this one - the DYI anodyzing and other creative stuff you did were very cool.

You could go with the funky theme from the mid 90s.

thumbnail_IMG_5086.jpg

The bike build contest is interesting.

I have been thinking about what to do with this $400 barn find. Might be a candidate but imagine the builds will be over the top, and cosmetics get so expensive. It has a big radiator clamp holding the cracked rear hub together.

79kx4.jpg
79kx1.jpg

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I enjoyed your last build and looking forward to watching this one - the DYI anodyzing and other creative stuff you did were very cool.

You could go with the funky theme from the mid 90s.

View attachment 71432

The bike build contest is interesting.

I have been thinking about what to do with this $400 barn find. Might be a candidate but imagine the builds will be over the top, and cosmetics get so expensive. It has a big radiator clamp holding the cracked rear hub together.

View attachment 71429View attachment 71431
Think that is an ‘80?
I love the early 80’s gold swing arm, rims and lower forks. I am torn between that and all OD Green / Black.

Vet261

PR Addict
People on Vital are all man-crushing over DV12 about his bike builds.....which are awesome, but...

I'm thinking to myself...if all I had to do was tear a bike down, send everything out, and then put it back together I could do those builds too in a week! Some builds I've done I've spent months just trying to source parts or rebuild crap that couldn't be found....

Now that I have my new shop pretty usable, I'm getting close to doing some more build work. Also now that I have a vapor blaster I am planning to tear down a few of my restores and vapor blast, and then re-assemble.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
People on Vital are all man-crushing over DV12 about his bike builds.....which are awesome, but...

I'm thinking to myself...if all I had to do was tear a bike down, send everything out, and then put it back together I could do those builds too in a week! Some builds I've done I've spent months just trying to source parts or rebuild crap that couldn't be found....

You mean you don’t have Seely connections that you can just get an old factory race team engines? And then have someone “help” you with the tear down and rebuild? Yeah, he removed the spark plug and the front fender... nice work Cole.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father

Now that I have my new shop pretty usable, I'm getting close to doing some more build work. Also now that I have a vapor blaster I am planning to tear down a few of my restores and vapor blast, and then re-assemble.
Agree. He’s got so many industry hookups they throw parts at him. He hashtags everyone and just pukes out “can’t do this without everyone.

hell he ended up with 3 totes full of thousands and thousands of dollars suspension parts in one build...

They do look very nice at the end tho.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Sure they look good. You can polish any turd for the right price. So you send 10-15k on a bike that is still only worth 4-5k at most?
Totally understandable.

Dano762

PR Addict
Matt, looking forward watching your project. John, vapor honing is pure magic - can't wait to see the results on the aready amazing work you do.

Yep, high dollar coatings and finishes are over the top - but wow look at this thing!!

s1200_Screenshot_20201207_183224_Instagram.jpg

I tend to keep my builds fairly original - clean up parts and make sure mechanically sound - but not chase platings, coatings, and finishes. And I still dump too much into them.

Went with new wheels, rotors, and hubs from Faster USA for the '01 250.

IMG_2930 (1).JPG
IMG_2935.JPG

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
My neighbors got an almost mint 05 cr250 in his barn he won’t part with. It’s a little dirty but everytbing is tight. Typical never been raced kinda guy. Pisses me off he won’t wash the thing or sell it to me.

Dano762

PR Addict
My neighbors got an almost mint 05 cr250 in his barn he won’t part with. It’s a little dirty but everytbing is tight. Typical never been raced kinda guy. Pisses me off he won’t wash the thing or sell it to me.
He is housing it for you. If you want it, make sure he knows you want the first chance.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
If he continues to let that mud eat away at everything metal I won’t want it. Literally he starts it. Rides it up and diem the road. BAck in the barn.