Trailer Setup

Nac305rm

PR Member
I have 2 sets of the risk units that I had mounted in the trailer I sold. 2 things I liked:
No straps ever (obviously)
I made multiple attachment plates and mounted them to the floor in different places.
I could center just one bike, I could load 2 bikes side by side still perfectly centered or offset my bike so my quad friend could hitch a ride to the gncc races.
Whenever I arrived for a weekend long race or take just the trailer camping, I would roll out some indoor/outdoor carpet and it covered up the mounting plates.
I am not sure I like the single jaw design of the new units.

Roachy

PR Addict
I know it is not the new cool way but I purchased some wheel chocks from Northern Tool that attach to E track . Easily to remove and can move left to right as needed. The e-track also give you location for straps

hershey

PR Elite
I just can't see spending 1200 for holding 4 bikes in place when I can do it for less than 100 using tie downs.

Currently I am using the track in my toy hauler to hold chain and a hook to the foot pegs. I have 15 bucks In it at home depot. I think I'm going to add removable wheel chocks for the front tires for added stability. First im going to reposition the track to see if it holds better.

Vet261

PR Addict
I'm leaning toward this setup, and instead of using tie downs to bars, using the hook into footpeg deal like Smith uses.

https://www.motoprohq.com/ez-chock-systems

bc4576_1170a981d0c547f4a7edfc935460a406~mv2.webp

bc4576_05b8697125f14dcb88d261b8fbfea906~mv2_d_4032_3024_s_4_2.webp

Last edited:

Vet261

PR Addict
Got my new trailer a few weeks back.

I have some extra wheel chock hardware so for now I'm just going to use the loop wheel chocks I use in the camper and toss a few in there so I can use it. Then in warmer weather I'll put some more thought into the setup.

My latest discovery is the thing is so light in the front I can't load a bike with the trailer unhooked because it will loop out on me. So I just ordered a pair of stabilizer jacks for the rear so I can load/unload regardless of hooked to truck or not.

These NEO all aluminum trailers are super nice, but they are expensive.

20210116_102346.jpg

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
I have found using the stand and turn buckels works, but I had some vibration issues. Had to put on a nut on the turn buckels to prevent them backing off and becoming loose. Very nice, for getting the bikes in close.

jj584

PR Addict
After another long trip in the books I officially hate the lock n load pros. I would not recommend them.

MX955

PitRacer Pro
After another long trip in the books I officially hate the lock n load pros. I would not recommend them.
What happened? I have a set in the back of my motohome and they worked flawlessly on my 3 week Florida trip over the Holidays

jj584

PR Addict
What happened? I have a set in the back of my motohome and they worked flawlessly on my 3 week Florida trip over the Holidays
the 250 two stroke does not fit through them easily and the red knurl knobs keep coming loose. I have to grab them with pliers and crank on them, if I don't it comes loose and the bike leans over.

Vet261

PR Addict
So I had an "issue" with my new trailer.....

The thing is so light, if I put the ramp down and go to load a bike in it without it hooked to truck, it will loop out the trailer!
I looked at a bunch of options, ended up just ponying up and buying the official NEO rear stabilizers.

20210207_110440.jpg