GTR in SC

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
I'm sure some one has been. Is it worth the trip? Do they have camper hook ups, hotels close by you have stayed at.
How often are the tracks prepped?

We usually go to Shoals mx if we go for a long trip as they have multiple tracks so the boy can ride all he wants with out doing sessions and sitting around 3/4 of the day.

Always up for new places and I know gtr is the same drive.

Shoals was awesome this past weekend.

Attachments

• 20210110_211043.jpg
    20210110_211043.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 152

*ATV'S and UTV'S allowed to ride trails and GP track only and not allowed in the Moto clay & sand track.​

GTR Complex is comprised of 500 acres of off-road, clay, sand, and dirt tracks. Our tracks and trails are accessible to Bikes, Quads, 4x4s, & UTVs for riders of all skill levels. RV hookups are available on-site.​

Call (803) 568-8809 to book your visit today.​

Daily Riding Fee:​

$30 Adult pass​

$15 12 years old & Under.​

(ATVs,UTV's & Jeeps $25 ) + $12 each passenger.​

RV Sites​

(Price Includes Water and Electric)​

30 amp Hookup:​

$40 per day, $200 weekly, $600 monthly​

50 amp Hookup:​

$45 per day, $235 weekly, $650 monthly​

If you go there, make sure your bikes are secure. It seems like every time there is a big race there, several bikes get stolen. There is a lot of riding area there, and it's all sandy.

I have made the trip to GTR for the last 2 years, will be going for the 3rd year in a row in March.

My group (B to beginner riders, woods and moto guys) always have a great time. The place is huge and there is plenty of stuff to ride for different skills/interests.

RV hookups (water/electric) and they do have a black tank drain area as well. We have always slept in a trailer at the track. Locking the bikes at night (but never had a problem). Usually come in later at night, gates are open, and then just wake up and pay in the morning.

As far as the moto goes, there are 2 tracks you'll be riding:
- Big MX sand track. It is big and long. Fast straights. Berms. Rollers. Big jumps (tables and doubles) etc. Super sandy. They flip the direction every year. Awesome track.
- SX style clay/sand track. Smaller track. Super fun. Can just do lap after lap and never get bored. Nothing too big or crazy.

Trails are fun and flowy. Some tight single track. Very little elevation.

I believe they prep the 2 tracks on Saturday's and Sunday's only. Monday-Tuesday the big MX tracks is closed for maintenance. Prep has been good each time we've went, but with it being sand you really don't even need a whole lot of prep.

Honestly hasn't been busy when we've gone and it was almost like we had the whole place to ourselves. (Sunday in March). Never any sessions. No flaggers anywhere. It's seriously like you have the place to yourself lol. I'm sure on different times/days they might be more busy, but I can't imagine it being too much different.

No need to worry about the UTV/ATVs. The select few that show up just do their own thing and you never see them.

Overall, I would highly recommend making the trip! It's worth trying a new place and if you end up hating it (doubtful), hey at least you tried!
IMG_20200324_223548_922.jpg

Nick and I love it there. Great riding. Fantastic people own it great facilities.
looking to go back there.
when you heading out?

any opinions on safe/secure hotels to stay at when going to GTR? or what city to look in?

I'd be weary of anything in or around Columbia proper. However, there is a Courtyard Marriott on Fort Congaree Trail south of the city that looks to be kind of tucked away from normal residential area and neighbored by new apartments and businesses. I feel like that would be a good bet between the area it is in and it being a new hotel. It's also only like 20 minutes from the track.

I'd be weary of anything in or around Columbia proper. However, there is a Courtyard Marriott on Fort Congaree Trail south of the city that looks to be kind of tucked away from normal residential area and neighbored by new apartments and businesses. I feel like that would be a good bet between the area it is in and it being a new hotel. It's also only like 20 minutes from the track.
Solid info. Thank you.

No plenty of room you have choices big mx track with large jumps smaller clay mx track with smaller jumps and turn tracks and sand gp track plus lots of gncc trails

Back