GTR in SC

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Hmm...I have some buddies wanting me to head down right near GTR for what they call the Sandlapper Enduro last weekend in February that has an enduro obviously as well as a dual sport event. I'm not feeling it so much as well as do not have the KX ready, but definitely looking to get out and about. Our nephew will be at Club MX, but this is looking like another or additional option. Thing is, what tracks could my little one hit on his PW-50 if any? I guess they do have a small track at Club MX for him.

Good stuff. Glad I took a little more notice to this one...

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Hmm...I have some buddies wanting me to head down right near GTR for what they call the Sandlapper Enduro last weekend in February that has an enduro obviously as well as a dual sport event. I'm not feeling it so much as well as do not have the KX ready, but definitely looking to get out and about. Our nephew will be at Club MX, but this is looking like another or additional option. Thing is, what tracks could my little one hit on his PW-50 if any? I guess they do have a small track at Club MX for him.

Good stuff. Glad I took a little more notice to this one...
I only know of one public track at club. They run 3-4 different sessions on it.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I only know of one public track at club. They run 3-4 different sessions on it.
Hayden said something the effect Club MX is more open to the public somehow. I didn't get many details as we were preoccupied with another event at the time. Thanks though.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I haven't a clue, just going off what my nephew told me Sunday of which he had just gotten back from there. I'd definitely follow the Sharc's advice. If I get more details, I'll pass them along.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Shoals is closed this coming weekend. Probably honing to end up at gtr to give it a try with some friends, hoping grandpa comes diem with the boy and I for a fun weekend.

hershey

PR Elite
GTR is really sandy and fun. Multiple track options.

The only down side is don't leave anything at the track unlocked over night. Heard rumors of theft, we've always stayed there with our stuff and haven't had issues.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Birch Creek Motorsports Park will have open practice Saturday-Sunday February 20-21 on the National MX and SX Tracks 10-4pm both days.
Both tracks will be groomed, plowed and in race condition both days.
We are just four weeks away from the season opener of the Fly-Liquid Performance US Eastern MX Championship Series presented by RV Outlet USA Rd 1 at NCMP March 6-7 and the double header weekends at Birch Creek March 21-22, 26-29 for rounds 2-3 of the series.
Get ready for the road to the AMA National Championship, Loretta Lynn National Championship NE Qualifier March 26-29 at Birch Creek Motorsports Park in Beautiful Sutherlin Virginia.

Roachy

PR Addict
Birch Creek Motorsports Park will have open practice Saturday-Sunday February 20-21 on the National MX and SX Tracks 10-4pm both days.
We are just four weeks away from the season opener of the Fly-Liquid Performance US Eastern MX Championship Series presented by RV Outlet USA Rd 1 at NCMP March 6-7 and the double header weekends at Birch Creek March 21-22, 26-29 for rounds 2-3 of the series.
Get ready for the road to the AMA National Championship, Loretta Lynn National Championship NE Qualifier March 26-29 at Birch Creek Motorsports Park in Beautiful Sutherlin Virginia.
Was hoping for Birch Creek the following weekend, maybe they will have another practice weekend

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Can't ride the sx track, so that leaves session on the mx which equal 15mins of riding and 45 mins of sitting, for and hour and fifteen mins of ride time for an entire day.
Got a buddy headed that way, but it's just not worth it to us for a winter trip.

Meister

PR Founding Father
I drove to birch creek once. The drive down 77 is fine, but after that I recall that it sucked.. lol..

Roachy

PR Addict
I do not remember a problem with sessions when I have gone to Birch Creek. I remember a lot of ride time. Yes RT 58 is about 1.5 hours of some hills and twisty but our daughter lives in Danville so we have to drive it and actually like it way better than coming down from the PA Turnpike.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
I do not remember a problem with sessions when I have gone to Birch Creek. I remember a lot of ride time. Yes RT 58 is about 1.5 hours of some hills and twisty but our daughter lives in Danville so we have to drive it and actually like it way better than coming down from the PA Turnpike.
Not saying sessions are an issue. Just the time restrictions with only having one track to ride make it not worth it for us. I'm not driving 8 hrs each way for a total of 3 hours of ride time.

MX_Implements

PR Addict
Can't ride the sx track, so that leaves session on the mx which equal 15mins of riding and 45 mins of sitting, for and hour and fifteen mins of ride time for an entire day.
Got a buddy headed that way, but it's just not worth it to us for a winter trip.
Why can’t your boy ride the sx track ?