Why are holeshot devices so expensive?

I remember in 05 you could get these things for $20, now they're $120? Should I just fabricate one or is there a reasonably priced one somewhere i'm not privy to yet?

jj584

PR Addict
I don't remember pricing when they came out but in the world of moto $89-$150 is nothing.

MX_Implements

PR Addict
They were never $20. I bought the very first one that came into our dealership in 2002 at cost for $75 and it was a Pro Circuit. Magnum Distributing in Michigan imported a cheap Chinese knockoff for $50 but that didn't last very long.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Fake news ?
Sorry ...too soon?

Yeah, we get em for 20 - just not lettin you in the party ...????
Better yet, I've got $12 for ya, make me one while you're at it. - Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Vet261

PR Addict
BTW looks like "RFX" is the latest knockoff holeshot device, you can find them online for about $40.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Make sure to tag me in the un-boxing -PLEASE LOL!!!!

Mcghee
...Dude, this went way off the rails.
It's Nothing to do with you.. All inside Jokes.
Stick around, if you ride, you'll like the place.
Welcome to PitRacer !

The first one I bought was a clamp with a hook on it and you would just cut/drill a hole in your fork guard. You clamp that to your forks, push in on your fork guard while compressing your forks till it "hooked" the fork guard. It was $20 at cost from my sponsor at his cost at the time. That was 2004-05? It worked fine imo. I just got back on the bike. I've been off since 2006 when I broke my back. And two ribs. And one of those ribs punctured my lung. Couldn't stay away forever though. You guys might remember me as "mx269". I'll see y'all around!

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
All good - except for that crash, damn.
A bunch has changed & bunch has stayed the same
Still the best thrill - no doubt.
What bike ya got now ?

Meister

PR Founding Father
Marc, dominic's one of them guys my age that's been around for just as long, aside from his accident. I'm sure you two will cross paths, if you haven't already. Just saw his new rmz all kitted out in 'MERICA dhds01 style..

I wanna try one of those new pro taper ones, but I don't get as good a deal as a works connection set up.. I rarely use them unless it's super tacky. In my current situation, I've never gone off a metal gate like in daytona so I'm considering having one again because of the extra traction.

Vet261

PR Addict
I've never gone off a metal gate like in daytona so I'm considering having one again because of the extra traction.

We didn't use the metal gates for amateur or vintage at Daytona last year, they removed them after the Pro SX and it was dirt start the rest of the time.

The only time I've ever gone off the metal starting pad was at Mini O's a few years back. It was difficult for me because without my wheels sitting down a bit in a rut, I had a hard time touching the ground!

John250

PR Founding Father
Yeah, Daytona will remove the grates. I think Gainesville had the grates down a couple weeks ago for their winter AM.

20210121_170944.jpg

She's a beaut!!!

Btw the "RFX" device is the one is the one I ordered. I might not be around much until June-July, gonna have to get surgery on my shoulder, thanks to this wonderful and addicting sport

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
We didn't use the metal gates for amateur or vintage at Daytona last year, they removed them after the Pro SX and it was dirt start the rest of the time.

The only time I've ever gone off the metal starting pad was at Mini O's a few years back. It was difficult for me because without my wheels sitting down a bit in a rut, I had a hard time touching the ground!
Didn't we have them at RedBud?