Local GP Series

Vet261

PR Addict
Yep I have the 26 gallon tank too! But the one good thing about the RAM 6.4L is it has that ECO tech stuff where it turns off half the motor when just cruising. So just driving the truck empty I get like 18mpg.

But yeah pulling the camper I'm at like 9-10mpg and stopping for fuel several times on a long trip since small'ish tank.

k01

PR Elite
ECO tech stuff
ECO mode should be called the downhill or take your foot off the accelerator mode. It seems more noticeable in really cold weather.
IMG_20210216_165216691_HDR~2.jpg

jeffro667

PR Addict
Even though I would love to have a van, I just can't pull the trigger on getting rid of my "not a truck" Ridgeline!

Roachy

PR Addict
My wife's new three row Subaru is rated at 27/21 mpg and has a 5000 lbs towing capacity. Have to see what that translates to in the real world.
I run a Toyota Rav 4 with a 3 rail and get about 24MPG but mine is the super pimp (lol) Adventure package so it is approved for 3,000 lbs and tows my 5x10 enclosed just fine but goes down to 13 MPG. I find that I really like it and I do not miss my truck. My wife wouldn't approve a Van. lol

Ron505

PR Founding Father
No kidding. My buddies mega cab 6.4 gets about 7 mpg pulling a 20 foot trailer with 4 Harleys in it. And worse yet, it only has like a 26 gallon tank so your stopping for fuel all the time.

At least mine gets decent mileage. But that 33 gallon tank will bite filling it up.
The pump stopped automatically at $100 yesterday on my way back from Cinci.

John250

PR Founding Father
The pump stopped automatically at $100 yesterday on my way back from Cinci.
Yeah, some stations stop at $100. Used to drive me crazy when prices are high that I could not get a complete fill up and would have to restart the pump. One station always said it was my card stopping at $100. It's not the card, its the limits at the station.