250 class

John250

PR Founding Father
I was there last night. We were sitting right by the finish and where they were pulling off the track, Hand was super pumped for sure with a few fist pumps in the air to himself. Great ride. What was crazy though, the top three all lapped Hand. They had lapped clear up past 6th place. Nuts. Nichols and Craig are by far on another level in that 250 East. Without Forkner in there, they will be 1 and 2 at every race unless they are not on 2 wheels.

Mark414

PR Member
Yes there is a big gap from top 6 to the 10 thru 22 riders. They have to start somewhere but I am afraid someone is going to get hurt with some of these lappers a lot of close calls so far the one with Moiseman could have been real ugly.

weaver658

PR Member
Congratulations to Hand. A great moto family from northeast Ohio. However this has to be the worst 250 class ever.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Great ride by Hand and a top 10 by Karnow. Would be nice to see what Hand could do on a equal factory setup. Not saying he is not on good stuff, but if some of these guys had the full package the sky could be limitless.
He’s always been a contender. Even racing minis it’s tough to break that glass ceiling when you don’t have access to factory resources.

given all that, not having access to freshly prepared sx practice tracks and being a groundskeeper....6th in the main. WOW.

Romanyak256

PR Addict
I was there last night. We were sitting right by the finish and where they were pulling off the track, Hand was super pumped for sure with a few fist pumps in the air to himself. Great ride. What was crazy though, the top three all lapped Hand. They had lapped clear up past 6th place. Nuts. Nichols and Craig are by far on another level in that 250 East. Without Forkner in there, they will be 1 and 2 at every race unless they are not on 2 wheels.
Idk i think mosiman could’ve won the race if it wasn’t for the random bike damn near taking him out in the rhythm section. He was pulling on craig and Nichols.

ktrop251

PR Member
Good for the ohio boys getting in the top 10 and getting some TV time. Excited to see what those guys do in the next round!

Who I'm intrigued by is Lawrence. The guy is on fire when he's not crashing. Is it just me or is he looking like a young James Stewart? The crazy fast pace mixed with crashes. I think once he gets a handle on things he's going to be unstoppable.

John250

PR Founding Father
Good for the ohio boys getting in the top 10 and getting some TV time. Excited to see what those guys do in the next round!

Who I'm intrigued by is Lawrence. The guy is on fire when he's not crashing. Is it just me or is he looking like a young James Stewart? The crazy fast pace mixed with crashes. I think once he gets a handle on things he's going to be unstoppable.
He is only 17. Won't be 18 until August. With the competition level in the East, he would be better off, backing it down just a bit and surviving rather than keep putting himself on the ground. Everyone blaming the tough block on the jump, that was his fault. There are tough blocks on the downside of all the jumps. That block was to keep them from jumping sideways like he did and hitting the gate. It did what it was there for.

MX099

PR Addict

Even though I’m a big JS7 fan, I’d lean more to Bob Hannah. A must win attitude. He’s not going to take crap from anyone, huge s**t talker, and has the speed to back it up.

ktrop251

PR Member
He is only 17. Won't be 18 until August. With the competition level in the East, he would be better off, backing it down just a bit and surviving rather than keep putting himself on the ground. Everyone blaming the tough block on the jump, that was his fault. There are tough blocks on the downside of all the jumps. That block was to keep them from jumping sideways like he did and hitting the gate. It did what it was there for.
Even though I’m a big JS7 fan, I’d lean more to Bob Hannah. A must win attitude. He’s not going to take crap from anyone, huge s**t talker, and has the speed to back it up.

I dont disagree. That's kind of what I was getting at. I think James had the same mentality. Win at all costs and going fast was the way to do it. He's young and he will mature. I just feel like he's going to do it the hard way (which I think is how bubba did it too)

MX315

PR Addict
He looks like his not even trying that’s how smooth he looks to me !! And Craig is the one who took him out last round ...up until that point he was flying !! What about The whole Karnow family on dirt bikes ...wtf they eat at thanksgiving? Hahaha

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Mitch Oldies_0007.jpg

What about The whole Karnow family on dirt bikes ...wtf they eat at thanksgiving? Hahaha
Logan's Dad # 820 in 1975-1976
I think Jeremy's dad may be in there too - if not, maybe his uncle

rowleska

Noob
His uncle is a pretty fast guy as well. We rented out RamJam and he was there on a YZ125.
Kinda cool rooting for riders that I see at Smith on a random Wednesday.

Vet261

PR Addict
There is a secret Karnow that is insane fast. Doesn’t ride often but I’ve seen him. Last time was on a 98rm 125.
What do you think I just started riding last year LOL? I used to see him at the track a lot back in the day. Like...back when that bike was new.