KTM, HONDA & YAMAHA AGREE TO CREATE UNIVERSAL BATTERIES FOR ELECTRIC MOTORCYCLES

im loving my tesla tbh
My only thing is what’s the longevity on those things? I see they depreciate real quick to but I mean I guess I can understand that what’s the battery life like I think the batteries probably the most expensive part her so it’s not like you to swap batteries once it’s toast?

back on topic. Japan realizes this is the only way to not get left in dust from the Austrians.....get them to agree to work with us on technology.....Suzuki’s new general manager Tyler from vitalmx is still not buying into this hogwash. BNG it is.

battery powered bikes and races...........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Not interested. 400 gas burning noisy generators running in the pits all day. Only in America do politicians think this is saving the planet.

battery powered bikes and races...........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Not interested. 400 gas burning noisy generators running in the pits all day. Only in America do politicians think this is saving the planet.

spoken like somebody that has never ridden one (again)

spoken like somebody that has never ridden one (again)
I've never ridden one. If honda gave me the option to take an e bike or my new 450 to daytona this weekend, I'd take the e bike. They seem so fun. I get Johns pov tho. It'd be weird as hell sound wise.. think of the places you could put a track tho.. If I was competitive, may stick with the 450.. but at this point for me, fun is the name of the game. Altas looked so fun.

I've never ridden one. If honda gave me the option to take an e bike or my new 450 to daytona this weekend, I'd take the e bike. They seem so fun. I get Johns pov tho. It'd be weird as hell sound wise.. think of the places you could put a track tho.. If I was competitive, may stick with the 450.. but at this point for me, fun is the name of the game. Altas looked so fun.

i've never ridden one either but the phrase "don't knock it till you try it" comes to mind.

instant torque & minimal noise are both very appealing features. dirtbikes don't sound like ferraris and i don't listen to tractor vids for their sweet exhaust notes.

ape_calessino_200_0.png

_main_1_0.png

The other partner in the group has Vespa, Derbi, Moto Guzzi, Aprilia - and make these /\

I rode the Alta at Malvern, it was totally awesome. I mean, awesome. Loved it.

But, as John stated and I've said many times, you are simply moving the gas engines and noise from the track to the pits in the current state. This new battery consortium thing may provide the solution if people can come to the track with multiple batteries already charged, and just swap them during the day, then go home and charge them all at home.

It was interesting to see the KTM E-mini class at LL last year. Most of them were worried about using the battery 'on the way' to the starting line, so they were carrying the minis on the back of mules/golf carts to the starting line. Then most of them didn't take the parade lap either.

But, as John stated and I've said many times, you are simply moving the gas engines and noise from the track to the pits in the current state. This new battery consortium thing may provide the solution if people can come to the track with multiple batteries already charged, and just swap them during the day, then go home and charge them all at home.

It was interesting to see the KTM E-mini class at LL last year. Most of them were worried about using the battery 'on the way' to the starting line, so they were carrying the minis on the back of mules/golf carts to the starting line. Then most of them didn't take the parade lap either.
That's crazy that they were worried about one extra lap and their batteries.

I am old school. There is just nothing that wants me to ride electric bikes. To me its like a power wheels toy or a mountain bike. Kids, families and casual fans go to Supercross races, motocross races, monster truck jams, drag racing, nascar, etc, and the sound is part of the show! If you have never stood and watched 40 bikes launch off a gate into the first turn the sound is part of the show! Stand at Daytona with 40 cars coming to the starting line, if the hair does not stand up on the back of your neck, your not a race fan. Electric cars, bikes, etc do not have that excitement for the fans.

If they want to add a 29th class, or let them race with others, fine with me. But if the whole sport goes that way, that will be the end of it. It is already a fringe sport so why drive less casual fans away.

The real issue is NOISE, and tracks get shut down because of NOISE complaints. Batteries are getting better and better, and will hold a charge longer and longer as things progress. Having no NOISE from an engine opens up a lot more riding areas than we currently have now, which would potentially grow the sport, and that's huge. As a fringe sport that has had dwindling numbers over the years, we need something to get more people riding and therefore more people fighting to keep riding places open and not shut everything down.

Alta bike was just as good as my current 450, and with no noise. I was getting one until they went out of business. I like the sounds of motocross bikes, but I still wouldn't want a track next door to my house at the same time. So if we could have both, motocross and no NOISE, that would be great!!!!

Current state is always changing. Power in the pits will become commonplace if it has to. There are solutions to these "problems"

If you have the means to get the bike to the line without wasting precious battery then I guess that makes sense.

I must say i was skeptical till i rode the ALTA at Malvern.. The bike was a blast and had tons of power.. I would defantly get one if it come to that one day...

The real issue is NOISE, and tracks get shut down because of NOISE complaints. Batteries are getting better and better, and will hold a charge longer and longer as things progress. Having no NOISE from an engine opens up a lot more riding areas than we currently have now, which would potentially grow the sport, and that's huge. As a fringe sport that has had dwindling numbers over the years, we need something to get more people riding and therefore more people fighting to keep riding places open and not shut everything down.

Alta bike was just as good as my current 450, and with no noise. I was getting one until they went out of business. I like the sounds of motocross bikes, but I still wouldn't want a track next door to my house at the same time. So if we could have both, motocross and no NOISE, that would be great!!!!
Exactly, I won't be getting rid of my old bikes but would love to practice/ride silently. My neighbors are excellent and I try not to ride at times that bother them - most are working remotely now.

Electric bikes, suppressed guns, and my bunker. Nobody will know what I am up to.

I was seriously thinking about getting a KTM Freeride for a bit as a playbike and for Kari to ride. But I just don't want to spend 11k. I ended up spending less than that and getting two bikes in the last couple weeks LOL.

If the liberal left is not bitching about noise, it will be the erosion the bikes are causing or some soon to be field mouse that is becoming extinct due to off road vehicles.

You guys can go ride your heavy electric mountain bikes, I will take my loud ass, gas burning 450. I think there are way more people in my camp than the electric camp. But hey, there are some new man bun wearing kind or guys that an Alta, of some other electric bike will make them feel good I suppose.

Ever fly in an airplane across country? There is a whole lot of land out there with NOTHING around. How about people don't build a house next to a motocross track, speedway, etc. Then they will not have an issue. But once again, everyone wants to cave to 1% that complain.

Also, those that bitch about the AMA. These are the reasons I donate money to the AMA. They do a great job (trying to fight against clueless politicians) to protect the rights of all motorcyclist. Everyone should be joining and give a little extra to the legislative division.

Back