Buckeye Series Schedule

John250

PR Founding Father
OK. I am starting the movement. ALL tracks should move to transponders for 2022. Move the sport into the future, oh wait the future is already here. I know guys that race go karts, sprint cars, and modifieds. Guess what they all have to purchase if they want to race their local races? Transponders. Part of the cost of racing.

And before anyone says it will drive riders away from the sport? Tracks could have some for rental, that would pay for themselves by renting them. Could even be a revenue source for the tracks. I see people spending $400 to $500 for bats for 10 year olds, tons of money on the latest and greatest cleats and tennis shoes for other sports. Newbies show up at the track on their bikes with $200 graphics, moto hose radiator hoses, and spoke skins, they can afford to rent a transponder if necessary.

jrminiquad

PR Addict
If you can come up with a way that people don't have to wait 30-45 minutes to rent or return their transponder, that the business renting the transponders doesn't gouge the customer depending on which event they are renting at, that the rental company doesn't charge you $10 for a print out of your lap times if you have your own transponder, and that the rental company doesn't run out of transponders at the event, then I'm all for it.

By the way, we already have ours.

MX099

PR Addict
OK. I am starting the movement. ALL tracks should move to transponders for 2022. Move the sport into the future, oh wait the future is already here. I know guys that race go karts, sprint cars, and modifieds. Guess what they all have to purchase if they want to race their local races? Transponders. Part of the cost of racing.

And before anyone says it will drive riders away from the sport? Tracks could have some for rental, that would pay for themselves by renting them. Could even be a revenue source for the tracks. I see people spending $400 to $500 for bats for 10 year olds, tons of money on the latest and greatest cleats and tennis shoes for other sports. Newbies show up at the track on their bikes with $200 graphics, moto hose radiator hoses, and spoke skins, they can afford to rent a transponder if necessary.
We use transponders for GNCC eMTB. They have a shelf life of 3 year. You can rent for the day or purchase for $75.

John250

PR Founding Father
If you can come up with a way that people don't have to wait 30-45 minutes to rent or return their transponder, that the business renting the transponders doesn't gouge the customer depending on which event they are renting at, that the rental company doesn't charge you $10 for a print out of your lap times if you have your own transponder, and that the rental company doesn't run out of transponders at the event, then I'm all for it.

By the way, we already have ours.
If you race all the time, purchase one. I never wait in a line to pick one up or turn in back in. There is live timing you can get right on your phone. So you think the transponder company should pay for the paper and ink for you to look at a lap time? Open your phone to the internet. tracks could probably lease a bunch of them and make money by renting them. I am sure there is some sort of program out there. If every track used them, very few people would need to rent, people would buy them.

Now do you have any other reason why every other motorsport seems to require you to have them, but motocross cant?

jrminiquad

PR Addict
If you race all the time, purchase one. I never wait in a line to pick one up or turn in back in. There is live timing you can get right on your phone. So you think the transponder company should pay for the paper and ink for you to look at a lap time? Open your phone to the internet. tracks could probably lease a bunch of them and make money by renting them. I am sure there is some sort of program out there. If every track used them, very few people would need to rent, people would buy them.

Now do you have any other reason why every other motorsport seems to require you to have them, but motocross cant?
Well, you agreed with me a year ago...

hershey

PR Elite

Dude, in the old thread you complained about 10 bucks to print your times! Lol

10 bucks to print lap times is a joke. They make plenty of money. 1 piece of paper and ink is less that 10 cents.

John250

PR Founding Father
Dude, in the old thread you complained about 10 bucks to print your times! Lol

10 bucks to print lap times is a joke. They make plenty of money. 1 piece of paper and ink is less that 10 cents.
Hey.......We evolve. Time to all use transponders.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Well.......Maybe they would be more widely accepted if they used a different pronoun .....

eyyyyyy

MX315

PR Addict
How far is WRMC from Malvern ? Asking for a friend ...And is Dave paying for Transpoders this year at Dave fest? Dave is awesome ...More people need to be like Dave ....Dave smith,Parma Dave or Dave Lee Roth ? I’m confused. Where was I going with this ...hahahaha

hershey

PR Elite
How far is WRMC from Malvern ? Asking for a friend ...And is Dave paying for Transpoders this year at Dave fest? Dave is awesome ...More people need to be like Dave ....Dave smith,Parma Dave or Dave Lee Roth ? I’m confused. Where was I going with this ...hahahaha
Don't forget the "CHAMP" Dave Wills !!

Lol