Explain, eroc, gncc, hare scrambles, etc in Ohio

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Statistically speaking, any organized school sport is more dangerous than mx. Facts won't convince your wife of that.

Guaranteed what will work....time. Right now, she just wants to hurt you. Eventually your sons love for the sport will take front and center and she will let him pursue his passion. I'm speaking from experience.
I haven't brought it up since and I told him not to bring it up to her either, but when the time comes he needs to have a non argumentative conversation with her to let her know how much dirt bikes mean to him.

Roachy

PR Addict
There is also a Trials Event at Lightening this weekend. You should check it out. Trials may not be "cool" but you are on your motorcycle way more and safer. Just go play in the woods, practice in your yard and no one cares. More ride time, you do not have to worry about track prep and weather doesn't come into play as much. I have fun on my MX bike but I have just as much fun on my trial bike (really more for me) with way more opportunity. Rode a trials last Sunday, tell me how many MX guys we riding last Sunday in NWPA, NWNY or NEOH

Last edited:

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
That’s tough man. Hopefully she comes around.

when he crashes and gets a scrape at a gncc or hare scramble I feel like he’s gonna start the BS all over again.

k01

PR Elite
So been trying to look more into the fast traxx gp stuff.

Looks like class 25 would be what I would sign him up for. Start time at 1230.

How long does sign up take? Do I need to bring the transponder?
No transponder required, all manual scoring and they do a great job. The place has been very crowded in recent years. 50 in the C class row last weekend? No more getting there minutes before my session to park in my usual spot. They have special activities for the young kids on many race weekends.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
That’s tough man. Hopefully she comes around.

when he crashes and gets a scrape at a gncc or hare scramble I feel like he’s gonna start the BS all over again.
Hope not.
Evidently he couldn't, not ask her because he is upset, about woods racing, he got a maybe from her.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Retouch this old thread.
So she has let him ride on the little kids track at grear's once, and in the woods there. No jumping allowed. He kept asking to go to the big track I kept telling him no. Lol
She let him ride in a friend's back yard once at a cook out.

Well Sunday we got the go a head to go to rt62. His mom and his little brother even came to watch. Little brother loves being at the track as he grew up with it. Loves going on rides on the pitter in the pits, and on the watering path to see the track.

Logan was super nervous and would do a lap on the kids track, then come talk, then do a lap on the medium track then come back and talk.
His buddy showed up and he started doing a couple laps, then slowly started going a little faster. I just kept telling him to enjoy his bike and have fun. No pressure to go fast or hit jumps, just focus on body position so that he stayed safe.

He said he didn't want to go to the main track. Time went on and he started having more fun. Next thing I know he heads over to the main track. His buddy goes too.

His buddy does a few laps, I'm expecting Logan to pull off with him.

Nope, Logan just keeps riding. His little brother and I are sitting at different spots on the track on the pitter giving him thumbs up and cheering him on. When he comes off the track he is all smiles and says Jimmy has that track super fun.

He is no where near his lorettas and state champ speed, but was just having a ball on his bike. Felt good to be back at the track. Looking forward to riding more an making more memories.

Attachments

• 20211017_155255.jpg
    20211017_155255.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 20211017_154922.jpg
    20211017_154922.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 20211017_155045.jpg
    20211017_155045.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 114

MX099

PR Addict
I never tried the woods stuff until after the age of 50 so with only a MX background here is my perspective.
GNCC is the biggest it is an event tracks are well built and wide enough you don’t unnecessarily tear up your equipment. I think this is the best bang for your buck.
AWRCS this is mostly a Western PA series. I’m not a big fan I felt it was too tight and the single track was too rough on my equipment.
EROC I only tried the GP’s they were fun the woods stuff wasn’t too tight and the mix of MX was good.
Check out Switchback MX in PA they will be having their Gobbler GP this is a big draw open woods and MX mix. This would be a nice first woods event. no need for an in race refuel

mawilk6

PR Member
Lightning is a cra track tht runs harescrambles and they are always open for practice. You can go there and practice and they usually have to arrows up on the woods from the last race and you can run the loop.