AQ Chillitown?

Let's just quit talking about pit bikes for now on please. Nothing is ever gonna change in regards to that.

I am absolutely all for pit bikes. It helps me quite a bit when I am going up to the gate with my kid and I am carrying extra large starting blocks, occasionally a tool bag, bottle of water and sometimes phone. It also helps me to get out of the starting area and to a good viewing spot quicker.

With that being said, I hit a small child on a pit bike with my truck at Briarcliff at the King of the Cliff race.

I had just filled our water barrel at the hose area, had my son riding in the back with the barrel, and was driving about three miles an hour. Just trying to make it back to our campsite, I have two eight year old girls riding double on a pit bike on my left, flying through the pits, a have a late comer truck with camper approaching me on the left, I also have two eight year old boys on my right pounding a wooden pit marker into the ground with a hatchet, just waiting for it to come out of their hands and hit my truck. So yes, I really was going three miles an hour.

I just made it past the oncoming camper when a three year old on a Staycyc comes flying out from behind a Porta-Jon and right in front of my truck. He was wearing a bike helmet, which proceeded to bounce off of my front bumper. He was knocked to the ground and jumped up. I jumped out to check on him, rather then my own son who was thrown forward into my back window. Me and a few bystanders attempted to ask him if he was alright and where his parents were. He wouldn't talk. His mom showed up about a minute later and the boy seemed to be alright. My truck has two new scratches and a scuff mark on the bumper.

If I had been going even 10 miles an hour I would say this boy would have been seriously injured and underneath the truck. His mom didn't seem all that fazed. Luckily I had plenty of witnesses if the scene would have went south.

Either enforce the pit riding rule or prepare for something bad to happen eventually. I'm tired of discussing it year after year. This ended up being the same kid that was throwing sticks at my dog earlier in the day too. Yeah, F you parents that let your kids run wild and expect the track to babysit them.
I got hit by a kid on a cobra 50 this weekend. I was walking back to my pit and as he came by he hit my arm. Saturday pit riding was horrible. And it wasn’t addressed until i was loading up from 18th moto at like 7pm, too little too late. Sunday pit riding was much better. The parents just let their kids run rampant and it’s not okay. Still holding the parents liable and kick them out if the kids are repeat offenders.

We had fun.

Sure, a lot to beef about, but why? Not thinking the track personnel/owner would disagree in most if not all cases, but is what it is. It's a resource thing. Anyone can judge and think they have all the answers, but I do not see any current/former track owners on here bitching... Of course, I do not know if there are in reality. Some things, hind sight, yeah, they could've/should've done better, but in the moment...thinking they did the best they could.

There were a lot of folks there. Kids running wild isn't always on the kids. I put it on the parents. They're just looking for a babysitter. They never wanted to be parents or deserved to be in some cases, but couldn't figure out how to prevent it. Stupid is as stupid does. Just have to deal with stupid and his family. We do everyday....EVERYWHERE.

Sure, I get the comment about slow kids and how one might think that way, but where else you going to be able to expose a kid to that kind of competition? Every kid isn't basing their life on making it or not. It definitely humbles a person. Well, should (see stupid comments above). Some of those kids were flying. Some that race a race like that will feel pretty good once they get back home and race. Spencer was a bit off the pace, but I'll bet you he's faster than he was when he got there...and he had some fun. Wasn't typical final AQ for a region. More like the first it seemed. I had a thought at one point that I wish I woulda had my bike ready, but seeing the track conditions, unless I would have been 1st or 2nd moto, no way. I'm barely walking normal today as it is...

Man, I don't seem to have any of these problems....Oh yeah, I only go to Vet races now! LOL.
When I do an AQ, I show up for my races, and then GTFO.

71MMqA-4pVL._AC_SX522_.jpg

Derek's wife posted on Facebook there was a pretty horrific accident on 23N with a truck and toy hauler. Hope everyone is OK. Hate to hear s**t like that.
There is really to much to say about the entire weekend! That is between my crew and the promoter.

Yes on the way home roughly 20 min out on rt 23n there was a horrific 5th wheel accident. Truck was pinned under 5th wheel jack knifed on its side.

All we saw was that paramedics were on scene and were waiting for air lift. Prayers to those involved!

We showed up Thursday night- thoughts on the weekend.
The good
The track was OK seen better but have raced a lot worse not sure about tilling the jump faces
camping was nice with electric and water
had a good time till we took the ride to hospital on Sunday

The Bad
9-4:30 only 2 practices real disiponted in that
Way to many people went to the hospital ( have not seen that many rides at any track) 3 took the ride Sunday before practice was over.
Flaggers on there phone/ in the wrong spot/ not paying attention
gate issuses- first time i ever heard- the whole left side jumped the gate
pit bike/ golf carts/UTV everywhere
They really need radios for all the track workers/ flaggers and medics

I am old and didn't even race. Knew I did not want to ride a track that rough. Those that complain tracks are not rough enough?? Go race Chilitown or East Fork. They both get rough. Gate was an issue. They need a fire hose to blow all the dirt out of the pit, and need to get a bob cat to dig out the two ends to raise the gate height. Not sure why someone does not design a gate with plates over the pit to keep dirt out and keep people from packing the dirt in it. That is what keeps it from falling. Saturday ran a little long, but sunday was better. Just tons of riders, and LCQs. No one can control that.

Scott and Crew over all did a great job with a huge event. As for the pit bikes. Honestly, I could care less who they are..........throw a couple out, leave the property, no racing, no refunds, and guess what? People start watching their kids and controlling them. Make an example of a couple and the word gets out.

What was up with so many B riders riding like complete idiots? You would have thought they were C riders. Matthew is 6'5..........He was about to kick a guys ass for just being a total jackass on the track.

I didn't hear one compliant regarding the track being rough and rutted. It was good to see the track that way.

I didn't hear one compliant regarding the track being rough and rutted. It was good to see the track that way.
I loved the track rough like that. Only complaint i have is of the huge hole in the face of the step on step off coming out of the back turn, that thing was brutal, and discing the faces, that makes for unwarranted ruts and kickers. Other than that i thought it was a great track, it made me ride like a bitch that’s for sure, plus it was only my 2nd time riding this year, malverns AQ was the first

Back