Battle race .... lets poke the bear.

kawi330

PR Member
Since your poking the bear, let me stick a "fork" in it. Nearly 700 at East Fork on the same day...

I can not believe the numbers we are getting in the south... Never been so happy to be so wrong. Moto is no where near dead. It just likes southern Ohio better.
The battle idea was a great one. But maybe like J.O. said before. Perhaps its run its course. We will see if the numbers hold up all year for the entire Race Ohio series. If so, then maybe people just want more then 3 or 4 per year.

I'm with you on the PA track being included in an Ohio series? Is that like "Jumbo Shrimp"?
Definitely has not ran its course.

kawi330

PR Member
Whats the point to have these rigs without races like local battle races. Personally night malvern races are boring no competition low turnouts. But malvern battle was amazing.Its nice have the option sat to practice then watch some 50s and quads. Then camp in the rig wake up already be at the track. But definitely have to try for those 4 races to be big as possible. Watching is fun to when classes are stacked!

jj584

PR Addict
We were there also, can't believe he doesn't get 100 + riders there. The track is well prepped and the big knarly stuff is gone now. Fun layout and lots of elevation
Its a great place to ride and even better when there is more people. Looked like it was getting rough from my truck. lol

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Who won the turnout war? We were at Beans on Memorial day, nice crowd there.

Wildcat ME Vet Regional - Won the AWESOME racing war-!

What a brutal track.
15 + Min moto's... Stacked classes and a killer, brutal track.

I'll take back what I've said about Wildcat.
A little bit TOOOO laid back for me - but.
They let that track get rough & nasty, separating the posers from the pro's ..
Was a great weekend of FANTASTIC racing ....

Last edited:

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Does anyone know if Malvern will be open for practice next weekend, June 5-6th?
Everyone (not just you greg) - I would not be pissed at any track owner that runs practice on my race, any of my races. I understand it. None of us are rich, all of us have bills, and most of us are down from last year, and still this year. I say run practice. Sometimes its not what you want to do, its what you have to do. The logic used throughout most of this thread is about as dumb as Wendy's asking McDonalds to close a day so they can have a record day, assuming everyone will come to Wendy's if it happened.

Btw, I changed the track again, and the long straightaway is gone!

hershey

PR Elite
Everyone (not just you greg) - I would not be pissed at any track owner that runs practice on my race, any of my races. I understand it. None of us are rich, all of us have bills, and most of us are down from last year, and still this year. I say run practice. Sometimes its not what you want to do, its what you have to do. The logic used throughout most of this thread is about as dumb as Wendy's asking McDonalds to close a day so they can have a record day, assuming everyone will come to Wendy's if it happened.

Btw, I changed the track again, and the long straightaway is gone!
McDonald's wasn't asked by Wendy's to open a store and them take prospective customers from them. Big difference. 3 weekends a year you support the tracks having a battle race(especially when you are the President of the organization who holds the battle series). But that's just the right thing to do when you have a Battle race, not all of the people on this thread understand what a team mentality and honor are.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
This is why we can’t have nice things DHDS01. Ever wonder why people don’t get on here? There’s reality and there’s pipe dreams. Get your head out of the clouds and buy a track. There will be a few for sale in a year or less, usually are. You can learn all about it.

jj584

PR Addict
I stand by the statement..run it. Open and race when you want, if you have a good product the money will follow. Then again Smith road had a big turnout from what I hear so I might be ignorant!

hershey

PR Elite
I stand by the statement..run it. Open and race when you want, if you have a good product the money will follow. Then again Smith road had a big turnout from what I hear so I might be ignorant!
Smith road turnouts have dropped dramatically since George sold it.