Red Bud

hershey

PR Elite
20210701_205802.jpg

hershey

PR Elite
Boot washing station is top notch here. I picked a hell of a day for my first ride back after surgery for a busted ankle. Track was insane for Friday practice. Super deep quick sand in 4 areas. Lots of people riding around the track on the water truck roads. Chaos every where. First session of practice, most of the minis didn't even finish a lap. They said they had 8" of rain here in the last week. Lol
20210701_164151.jpg

John250

PR Founding Father
Boot washing station is top notch here. I picked a hell of a day for my first ride back after surgery for a busted ankle. Track was insane for Friday practice. Super deep quick sand in 4 areas. Lots of people riding around the track on the water truck roads. Chaos every where. First session of practice, most of the minis didn't even finish a lap. They said they had 8" of rain here in the last week. LolView attachment 72749

Red Bud has trucked in too much sand in my opinion. It is not even close to the same surface it was in the 90's. I really don't even like it anymore.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Red Bud really does a pretty good job with what they can control, been there from every type of condition from boiling hot and no water anywhere, to monsoons that are once in a lifetime type storms and been able to ride at each end of the spectrum. My favorite track of all time, and I've ridden it from when it was all clay in the early days to it current configuration and soil types. It's just a great track!

John250

PR Founding Father
You need to get back into bmx John, paved corners and hard pack just the way you like it. Lol
Mark, you're right! Couple blown disc in my back, and me and the deep sand dont get along too well. I do remember the layout of the track though from probably 90 to 95 and it was a lot of fun. I liked the track back then.

Meister

PR Founding Father
Red Bud has trucked in too much sand in my opinion. It is not even close to the same surface it was in the 90's. I really don't even like it anymore.
It's now an artificial race surface. I dont care what it is now, it was definitely better in the late 90s early 2000s, and it still got rough as hell.. I remember doubling the kickers on the way out of the big bowl turn.

The 50 truck loads of sand before the leap in 04 was the start of the race surface turning into the groundhog days of dirt.

I just watched part of a moto from steel city. Man I miss that place. It had real dirt too.

I'm sorta bummed I was ignorant to all the am racing up there this weekend.. it's on my to do list next year..

jj584

PR Addict
It's now an artificial race surface. I dont care what it is now, it was definitely better in the late 90s early 2000s, and it still got rough as hell.. I remember doubling the kickers on the way out of the big bowl turn.

The 50 truck loads of sand before the leap in 04 was the start of the race surface turning into the groundhog days of dirt.

I just watched part of a moto from steel city. Man I miss that place. It had real dirt too.

I'm sorta bummed I was ignorant to all the am racing up there this weekend.. it's on my to do list next year..
We were going to go but after adding it up was going to cost more than it did to go to Millville. The dry camping fees were outrageous.

weaver658

PR Member
Really good racing in both classes! Red Bud is probably my least favorite track to spectate at ( send the lynch mobs) but had a great time watching this weekend.

John250

PR Founding Father
Really good racing in both classes! Red Bud is probably my least favorite track to spectate at ( send the lynch mobs) but had a great time watching this weekend.
Red Bud is a great facility. But not sure why everyone thinks its so great. I am with you.

Vet261

PR Addict
I wish they still changed the layout on the bottom section every few years. They really had some interesting track layouts in years past but it has been the exact same for a long time now.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Spectating wise if you’re inebriated and waving the flag it’s the best experience.

Sober….yea…hard to get a visual on the majority of the track.

John250

PR Founding Father
Spectating wise if you’re inebriated and waving the flag it’s the best experience.

Sober….yea…hard to get a visual on the majority of the track.
I found that if I just walked back and forth by the concession that it was the best place to try and watch Matthew race.