Beans to the OMA next year???

Toddco327

PR Addict
Truth bomb. That was one of the original promises from the OMA. Less classes, longer motos and only quality tracks. Where did we end up? CRA 2.0
Ehhhhhhh…

there are quite a few less classes in OMA than in other sanctioning bodies.

How many quad classes are there now at the races? 6-7? Asking cuz I don’t know.

MX_Implements

PR Addict
Lmao...what races do you go to?? Every single time I've been at a race that has cut laps people make a fuss. Every single one.

Personally I'd love to see 6 lap motos. I'm out of shape right now but my fast laps are normally the last laps of any race I'm in.
I wouldn't mind seeing longer motos but it's a trade off a lot days. Most people I think rather get home at decent time vs extra 8 mins of track time.

Personally I think most tracks try to pack in way too much s**t in a race day. Start first motos on Saturday or run all 50 classes. Run 4-5 laps for amateurs /6-7 for pros. Have he exact same race order every week and flip flop it every race.
Everyone thinks they need a whole day of practice to race a track they've rode 100x already.

hershey

PR Elite
I wouldn't mind seeing longer motos but it's a trade off a lot days. Most people I think rather get home at decent time vs extra 8 mins of track time.

Personally I think most tracks try to pack in way too much s**t in a race day. Start first motos on Saturday or run all 50 classes. Run 4-5 laps for amateurs /6-7 for pros. Have he exact same race order every week and flip flop it every race.
Everyone thinks they need a whole day of practice to race a track they've rode 100x already.
The point is to reduce classes. Remove a couple and extend laps on the rest and your time equals out, plus people sign up for the other classes and you're racing bigger gates.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
The point is to reduce classes. Remove a couple and extend laps on the rest and your time equals out, plus people sign up for the other classes and you're racing bigger gates.
Uh maybe you just need to ride harder and stop pacing?????

hershey

PR Elite
So what tracks are you saying aren’t quality tracks there David?
I'm not going to call out specific tracks but everyone knows the tracks that have low race turnouts. There is a reason for it and it's not lack of racers in the area. When you go to a race and only the C class has more than 10 entries it's usually because the track isn't up to par.

hershey

PR Elite
Uh maybe you just need to ride harder and stop pacing?????
I just got 6th out of 36 in the 50 plus B class at red bud. Yeah I'm still out of shape from an injury but stamina has never been my issue.

And I just counted again and came up with 39. I didn't count the 2 fair race only classes. The web site doesn't list any others that aren't available at all rounds.

MX_Implements

PR Addict
I think 5 lap motos, B classes 6 laps, and A classes 7. Just my opinion. I still say I would cut a few classes, nothing major, but it would cut into the revenue of the track. We just keep adding open classes, vet classes, etc. It is nuts.

Classes to cut:
50 E bike (run them with the other 50s in the 50 class)
Open D (they survived in C class, we don't need D)
Clydesdale
50 Open
65 Open
85 Open
35+ (they can ride a 2nd class down or up in 30, 40 or 50)
45+
60+
Warrior Vet

Here are 10 classes, that we have added over recent years. None of these are needed in my opinion.
The Clydesdale they only run at that one particular race. 35+ constantly has more riders than 1/2 the classes. Warrior Vet is out of respect. 45+ always has 15-20 riders.
If they double gate and double drop , why does it matter ?

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
DSC00870.JPG

Beans - 11 years ago - November - two strokes

hershey

PR Elite
The Clydesdale they only run at that one particular race. 35+ constantly has more riders than 1/2 the classes. Warrior Vet is out of respect. 45+ always has 15-20 riders.
If they double gate and double drop , why does it matter ?
I know for me, the double gate drop is only an issue when they pair classes with a large speed disparity. They love to stick +50 with women's 14+. The top 4 or 5 of us are usually clipping a good pace compared to most of the women. In that class you have teenage girls on 85s at times. It gets scary when they drop them first and us 2nd. We are into the back markers on the first lap. The same happens with the guys in B class against slower classes or the young vet classes that have some A riders in them.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
No one wants longer motos. Everyone talks tough but in 25+ years of racing I have never heard anyone complain when the cut second motos by one lap.
90% of racers can't charge the whole 4-5 laps as it is .

Zero issue with double gate as long as there's 2 drops. The last 2 weeks I've been severely held up by people not in my class.

Go ride your bicycle a couple days a week so you can do more than 4 laps.

GNCC riders race for THREE hours. I can't put 20 minutes on my bike racing local motocross.

Can't ride 4 laps? Motocross is a sport so why shouldn't some basic level of fitness be involved?

John250

PR Founding Father
Cant anyone riding Vet class ride two classes by riding 25+, 30+, 40+ or 50+? I don't care how many are in 35 or 45 plus. Just go to 30, 40 or 50, whatever, and those gates get bigger. Those two classses are a waste, unless your 45 and just really dont want to race a faster guy that is 40 to 44 years old.

Last edited:

MX_Implements

PR Addict
Go ride your bicycle a couple days a week so you can do more than 4 laps.

GNCC riders race for THREE hours. I can't put 20 minutes on my bike racing local motocross.

Can't ride 4 laps? Motocross is a sport so why shouldn't some basic level of fitness be involved?
haha. I have zero issues going 4-6 laps . No matter how good of shape you're in if you're not breathing heavy and maxed out no matter how many laps you're running you're not pushing hard enough.

It's pretty easy to ride around the in the back of your class and ask for more laps.

I'm ok with whatever the track promoter wants to do. Between November 2020 and now I've put a just under 90hrs on a bike and my son is a little over 100hrs. We get plenty of seat time between riding and racing.

Last edited: