Sucker For Nostalgia

NQ1965

PR Elite
It seldom happens, but this past Sunday I was putzing around the house and an old movie came on the TV that I got sucked into watching. I like old movies, particularly from the 60's, 70's and 80's.

The movie title A Small Town in Texas, had numerous well known actors of that time, including the luscious Susan George.
Not far into the movie came a scene where the main character (Timothy Bottoms), was presented with an old motorcycle that was his from years earlier. As the movie progressed, the motorcycle became prominent for one big action scene section of the movie.
Immediately, I was glued to the TV trying to figure out what the bike was. Still not entirely sure what make but resembles an early Suzuki RM125, Honda Elsinore, or Kawasaki F11?
asmalltownintexasavi_snapshot_004602_20150308_030026.jpg

asmalltownintexasavi_snapshot_004933_20150308_032646.jpg

asmalltownintexasavi_snapshot_004933_20150308_032653.jpg

Last edited:
When I was very young and watching "The Prize Movie" on Sundays in Cleveland, I always would get excited when something would be on that had motorcycles in it.

Here's a favorite of mine from the 70's, name the actor and the movie.

_01_25_42-6938-12-27-10h01m14s434.jpg

Looks like the late Jan-Michael Vincent ??
I would have to work on the movie.
Absolutely LOVE them old Kawasaki enduro's.

I also liked the opening scene from the movie Hooper mounting a 76 RM250. Then he crash's it, haha. Was another good film for Jan-Michael Vincent.

Many years ago, another movie that I was unexpectedly and pleasantly surprised with good motorcycle race footage was Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant.
(Click on the line that says "watch on youtube")
Fast forward to 36:26.

Last edited:
The C.H.I.P.S TV series was always good for dirt bike scenes. There was one particular episode of a motocross race, but I haven't came across it yet.

Hell yeah that didn't take you old farts long to figure out Damnation Alley. I actually have that movie on DVD.

Speaking of CHiPS, I get over-the-air TV in my shop and there are some good stations that play all the old shows! Probably a month ago I had it on and saw that episode you are referring to with the MX stuff. I think the dude was on a Maico.

I kept thinking that bike was a Kawi street-trail/enduro, but IMDB says it's a KX125. I guess the attached accessory headlight threw me off. Plus if it was an enduro, it would have side covers instead of number plates. But, the burgundy colored tank doesn't look KX?

1634303853611.png

Also can't forget the Rambo chase on I think a Yamaha XT in "First Blood"

Absolutely loved the Rambo chase scene. You beat me to that one, I was going to get to that one, haha :D.

Another good video of Rambo from the start highlighting the bike.
The movie editors modified the filming to make it sound like a 2 stroke, which's kinda lame, but we all understand that.

1634305394025.png

Last edited:
Wow I never saw that CHiPS!!!! That's awesome!

There were also some MX scenes on the beach in Baywatch. I saw that a while back too. Man we could spin in a whole nother direction looking up Baywatch stuff!!!

Here is an 88 RM250 in Baywatch:

This was the Baywatch episode I was originally thinking of. Dude on old CR rampaging on the beach.

baywatch-honda-cr-250-r-404-crop-c0-5__0-5-704x396-70.jpg

Back