Sucker For Nostalgia

freeh

PR Founding Father
This is an awesome thread! Does anyone remember a Dukes of Hazzard episode where Bo raced MX? It may have been the series pilot episode, but I cannot find it on youtube. The plot involved stolen mx bikes being repainted for sale if I remember correctly.

NQ1965

PR Elite
This is an awesome thread! Does anyone remember a Dukes of Hazzard episode where Bo raced MX? It may have been the series pilot episode, but I cannot find it on youtube. The plot involved stolen mx bikes being repainted for sale if I remember correctly.
I do vaguely remember that. Dukes of Hazard takes us WAY back.
We'll have to dig for that one.

NQ1965

PR Elite
I always liked this scene from Footloose where Willard (Sean Penn) cruises up on his Yamaha DT125 at the car wash.
When I was 15, school buddy of mine that lived at Buckeye Lake had a DT175 (Blue tank). Cool bike. I had a Suzuki TC125.
Then my neighborhood buddy Terry who was 15 at the time, his dad bought him a Kawi KE125 (which got him in trouble as he got brave and stupid thinking that if he borrowed his brothers bike plate, put on a helmet and dark glass's he could ride it into town without anybody noticing. He got picked up and cited twice getting his driver's license suspended for a year before he even turned 16, haha).

Good little movie trivia article on the motorcycles used in the filming of Footloose.

1634315426909.png

Last edited:

NQ1965

PR Elite
Just came across this movie that I don't ever remember seeing of old old motorcycle road/off road racing. Actually looks pretty cool.
1979 film featuring David Carradine titled: Fast Charlie and the Moonbeam Rider.

NQ1965

PR Elite
From the movie "JINXED", 1982, starring Ken Wahl and Bette Midler, there were short scenes of him riding a bike that I've never been able to find any video footage of but I remembered that it was an enduro bike, and I eventually wanted to find out/remember exactly what the bike was.

1634345510884.png

1634345548331.png

1634345606015.png

Looks to be a 1981 Yamaha DT175

1634345674393.png

NQ1965

PR Elite
Time for a Movies list:

• Sidewinder
  • The Dirt Bike Kid
  • Winners Take All
  • A Warm December, featuring Sydney Poitier (Looks decent, haven't seen this one before)
  • Race With The Devil (starring Peter Fonda)
  • Supercross (the movie)
  • Little Fauss and Big Halsy
  • Spetters (1980)
  • Motocrossed (Disney)
  • Bennetts War
  • A-X-L
  • Dust To Glory, (more of a documentary film)
  • On Any Sunday (docu-film)
  • On Any Sunday: The Next Chapter
  • One Chance to Win (docu-film)
  • Why We Ride (documentary)
  • Motocross Kids
  • Once a Jolly Swagman, Really cool 1948 black and white dirt flat track racing movie.
  • The Pace That Thrills, (another really cool black and white (flat track) from 1952.)

Non Dirt
  • Easy Rider
  • Worlds Fastest Indian
  • The Wild Angels, 1966 (starring Peter Fonda, Nancy Sinatra, and one of my favorite actors - Bruce Dern)
  • The Wild One 1953, (starring Marlon Brando)
  • Silver Dream Racer, ( I saw this movie back in the 80's, and liked it a lot.) British racing film that stars actor Bo Bridges.

freeh

PR Founding Father
That is a great list Mike. I was just about to post the trailer for Race With the Devil, one of my fave 70's horror movies, then I saw it on your list. Silver Dream Racer was another favorite of mine.
An all-time favorite movie of mine is The Car, which also has some cool motorcycle content

It seldom happens, but this past Sunday I was putzing around the house and an old movie came on the TV that I got sucked into watching. I like old movies, particularly from the 60's, 70's and 80's.

The movie title A Small Town in Texas, had numerous well known actors of that time, including the luscious Susan George.
Not far into the movie came a scene where the main character (Timothy Bottoms), was presented with an old motorcycle that was his from years earlier. As the movie progressed, the motorcycle became prominent for one big action scene section of the movie.
Immediately, I was glued to the TV trying to figure out what the bike was. Still not entirely sure what make but resembles an early Suzuki RM125, Honda Elsinore, or Kawasaki F11?
View attachment 73540

View attachment 73541

View attachment 73542
That's stuntman Gary Davis who btw just moved to Texas about 1 year ago... Know him well and know his riding style.

Reactions: k01
Wow I never saw that CHiPS!!!! That's awesome!

There were also some MX scenes on the beach in Baywatch. I saw that a while back too. Man we could spin in a whole nother direction looking up Baywatch stuff!!!

Here is an 88 RM250 in Baywatch:

Holy heck I love the old lame acting.. Eerrrr I mean what great acting... Haha but in all seriousness that is awesome.

NQ1965

PR Elite
Would love to figure how to get a color (no pun intended) print of this poster.. I have a bunch of racing stuff to hang after our recent move but that would just be a funny thing to ad to the collection in the shop I think...

Check ebay.
A lot of movie stuff on there.

NQ1965

PR Elite
Nancy had the TV on when I got home today, not usually watching, for background noise mainly. An old episode of Adam 12 from 1972 was on, episode "Dirt Dual".
Malloy agrees to race motocross against a biker gang leader, and the race was at Indian Dunes California.

Officer Pete Malloy, Husqvarna, left side kick, right side shift. Thinking maybe it's a 400 Cross
1677889790972.png

Haven't really spotted any video footage on the episode, but there are some neat old vintage clips of the track from back then.

Indian Dunes, Shadow Glen track​

Last edited:

k01

PR Elite
Pete Malloy but then there was the real life Pete Maly. Dirt Bike magazine came out when I was in high school, followed by MXA. Important monthly reading as a teenager.