TENTATIVE LL's classes for 2022

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
SUPPLEMENTAL RULES
#3 Professional licensed riders who earned an AMA professional point in any year are not eligible for any “B”, “C”, or “Sportsman” class, i.e., College (18-24) or Senior 45+ To verify a result, visit The Vault; Riders listed in The Vault who have earned a professional point are not eligible to compete in these classes.

#8 Riders who placed in the Top-5 overall in the 250B/250B Limited or 450B/450B Limited class at the 2021 National and who are 17 years or older as of January 1, 2022, are not eligible to compete in a "B" or “B/C” division. Riders who placed in the Top-5 overall in the Schoolboy 2 class at the 2021 National and who are 17 years or older as of January 1, 2022, are not eligible to compete in the Schoolboy 2 class.

#9 Riders may not participate in a “C” class if they have ever:
a. Participated at the National in any previous year in any class, with the exception of any Micro, Girls or Youth Beginner (2011) class, as well as any Women Amateur class riders finishing outside of the top 10;
b. Received any type of OEM factory support in any class (excluding OEM contingency and trackside support);
c. Held an AMA professional motorcycle racing license in any discipline;
d. Held a WMX professional license at any time;
e. Earned a Rider Performance Value (RPV) of 15.0 or higher the previous advancement year (Nov. 1, 2020 - Oct. 31, 2021) in any class, including youth divisions; or
f. If they have raced in a “C” division in 2020 and 2021 and have an RPV of 13.0 or higher as of Oct. 31, 2021.
g. For more information regarding “C” class eligibility and/or reclassification, or to check RPV status, visit https://americanmotorcyclist.com/.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father

VET: Classes attend Vet Regional​

ClassesDisplacementArea Qualifer Race Day
13.Open Pro Sport122-Open ccSunday
14.250 Pro Sport122-Open ccSaturday
15.**College (18-24) (Sportsman)122-Open ccSunday
16.Junior (25+)122-Open ccSunday
17.**Vet (30+) B/C122-Open ccSunday
18.**Senior (40+) (Sportsman)122-Open ccSunday
19.**Senior (45+) (Sportsman)122-Open ccSunday
20.Masters (50+)122-Open ccSunday
21.WMX122-250ccSaturday

Meister

PR Founding Father
I'm still not seeing where it's any different than it was. Still determined by the professional point rule.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Richard Silvers is no longer eligible for a B/C class.
He races 40 & 45 "A" at Vet Fest.

Rocket has NEVER signed up "A" - so he can still run it.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Anyone running "A" class at Red Bud Vet Fest is no eligible for (this years) LL +30 B/C
If +30 was "sportsman" they are all eligible ----until the points thing gets used against them

Last edited:

Meister

PR Founding Father
There is still no verbage that convinces me it's truly a b/c class. The name sportsman still stands by the 40 and 45 class tho.

Meister

PR Founding Father
Just incase tho, I'm gonna finish getting this suspension done so I can ride soon.... Lol
PXL_20220104_214328847.jpg

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
From the AMA rule book
That is bible unless LL supplemental rule takes precedence

F. Riders and Classifications
1. Classifications Classification Description A The highest classification B The classification preceding A C The classification preceding B Additional entry-level classifications based on the amount of rider participation at the district level in any particular district at any meet may establish classifications based on circumstances.
a. Riders advance from one rider classification to the next higher classification based on their Rider Performance Value (RPV).
b. A rider may not return to a lower classification without AMA approval.
c. The AMA National Advancement System must be used for rider classification advancement.
d. Riders are responsible to enter only classes in which they are eligible. See Section 4.4 for the penalty.
e. The AMA, on the basis of participation and achievement in district-level competition, shall classify riders unless otherwise provided by AMA rules. A rider who hasn't been previously classified by the AMA will have their classification determined by the district, or by the meet referee in unrecognized districts.
f. ATV & Motorcycle rider’s classification are not considered the same. Riders must achieve classification on each separately.
g. Women racers may drop down one Classification when racing outside a designated Women's class unless previously advanced through the National Advancement System. (i.e. Women's A riders can race in the 250B class)

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
They would’ve just left it sportsman like they had it first listed. They changed it to BC. It’s a true BC class, no A riders.

Vet261

PR Addict
Sharc is correct this time Meister regarding 30. Just look at the class list -- it says B/C.

Now the question is, who is going to enforce that and do all the running in circles DQ'ing A riders? That was the reason for changing all that to 'sportsman' previously as the Vet B/C class became a nightmare to enforce.

LLclasses2022.jpg

Meister

PR Founding Father
Sharc is correct this time Meister regarding 30. Just look at the class list -- it says B/C.

Now the question is, who is going to enforce that and do all the running in circles DQ'ing A riders? That was the reason for changing all that to 'sportsman' previously as the Vet B/C class became a nightmare to enforce.

View attachment 74496
I don't understand why they didnt just revise the sportsman definition to no fast 40 guys or something.

Vet261

PR Addict
No idea. The funny thing is that that wasn't part of the "proposed" class changes at all! It just showed up on the final list! I wonder if it's a typo?

The also changed the R+classes a little as well.