Supercross 2022

John250

PR Founding Father
Supercross is less than a week away from round 1. Back to the California start of the season. Lots of changes in teams and riders. 450 class is starting out stacked once again this year. Is it going to be the same old 3 rising to the top? Or will there actually be 7 or 8 guys that actually have a shot at the championship this year again? I feel like Cooper, Tomac and Roczen might be on the down slope. Guys like AP, Sexton, AC are just waiting to make the championship hunt. Few others are for sure podium contenders.

Thoughts? Opinions?

hershey

PR Elite
Supercross is less than a week away from round 1. Back to the California start of the season. Lots of changes in teams and riders. 450 class is starting out stacked once again this year. Is it going to be the same old 3 rising to the top? Or will there actually be 7 or 8 guys that actually have a shot at the championship this year again? I feel like Cooper, Tomac and Roczen might be on the down slope. Guys like AP, Sexton, AC are just waiting to make the championship hunt. Few others are for sure podium contenders.

Thoughts? Opinions?
Stats show that the average season has 4 different 450 class winners. The most ever was 5 and that was only one time.

John250

PR Founding Father
Can Barcia work opening round magic again?
For some reason I really think AP7 is going to pull off a round 1 victory on the new KTM. My second choice is either Tomac or DF14 pulling off a Yamaha victory to start the season.

hershey

PR Elite
img_1_1641265426822.jpg

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I think it will be anyone's game in the beginning and we'll see a lot towards the front. Always seems to be a game of survival and who makes the least costly mistakes. The field has many that can win and might win a race.

AC will get fastest in qualifying many o' times, but can he relate that to the main. I hope so, but not betting on it. Can Eli regain dominant speed that he once had and/or get a start? Can Roczen not lose the points lead because he has a mysterious illness that is hindering him all season after the 4th race? Can Barcia be on the podium more than just A1? I also think Sexton will be in the mix for sure along with many spoilers I hadn't mentioned.

In the end, it should be good and hopefully a battle to the end, but again, I'm not betting on it. Actually, not betting at all. I'll just play RM Fantasy SX by picking with my heart vs. what will happen, root for Kawasaki, ET3, & Roczen, root against Cooper Webb, and get to as many races as I can.

Should be a good one. Should...

ck1racerx

PR Addict
1. Sexton
2. Ferrandis
3. Roczen
4. AP
5. Mookie

AC takes out Webb and Toesmack on the first lap.

New gen is taking over.

John250

PR Founding Father
Serious question. There is a 250 Suzuki team, and a 450 team. 3 riders in the 250 class and 2 in the 450 class. It's been said that the factory is not giving them any support. My question. Why would any team field a team of Suzuki's unless they were being paid to? Is there a Suzuki dealer some where supplying the bikes to them? I get that when built they might not be bad bikes, but If I owned a team, they would be the last bike I would choose unless someone was giving me a lot of free bikes or paying me to run them.

Toddco327

PR Addict
Serious question. There is a 250 Suzuki team, and a 450 team. 3 riders in the 250 class and 2 in the 450 class. It's been said that the factory is not giving them any support. My question. Why would any team field a team of Suzuki's unless they were being paid to? Is there a Suzuki dealer some where supplying the bikes to them? I get that when built they might not be bad bikes, but If I owned a team, they would be the last bike I would choose unless someone was giving me a lot of free bikes or paying me to run them.
Someone is making money somewhere. Nobody does anything for free.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
HEP is the factory 450 team and BarX is the factory 250 team.
Twisted Tea is owned by Boston Brewing co. The guy that owns that.... Cant remember his name. He does all the commercials. That guy is from Cincinnati.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Real question is who is H.E.P. and BarX? I cant find either one on them interwebs. Do they actually make/sell something?
Probably rich kids spending daddy's money

John250

PR Founding Father
I thought it was reported the Suzuki was 100% out of the picture. No factory backing of any teams what so ever.

MX099

PR Addict
Real question is who is H.E.P. and BarX? I cant find either one on them interwebs. Do they actually make/sell something?
Probably rich kids spending daddy's money
HEP is Dustin Pipes no out of pocket money. All paid by sponsors, but no factory support this year so that might change things. They will be on last year’s equipment.