Supercross 2022

ck1racerx

PR Addict
HEP is Dustin Pipes no out of pocket money. All paid by sponsors, but no factory support this year so that might change things. They will be on last year’s equipment.
So how does a mid to back of the pack privateer start and support an entire team?
Asking for a friend?

weaver658

PR Member
Ya A1 has not been kind to ET3. His average finish is 10th place. He has raced a1 6 times with only one podium, which is 3rd place. All information provided via racer x vault

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Ya A1 has not been kind to ET3. His average finish is 10th place. He has raced a1 6 times with only one podium, which is 3rd place. All information provided via racer x vault
ET3 needs starts. I'm not saying that if he holeshots, he'll win, but chances are he'll be on the podium. He just can't/won't do what it takes to chase the other guys down from 10th.

hershey

PR Elite
ET3 needs starts. I'm not saying that if he holeshots, he'll win, but chances are he'll be on the podium. He just can't/won't do what it takes to chase the other guys down from 10th.
But he does that regularly later in the year.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Just did a quick look back and comparison of the race teams from 2017 to 2022.
Fun game, what percentage of riders listed on teams in 2017 are listed on teams for 2022?

Hint, there were 58 total guys listed as "on a team" So how many are still racing?

John250

PR Founding Father
Just did a quick look back and comparison of the race teams from 2017 to 2022.
Fun game, what percentage of riders listed on teams in 2017 are listed on teams for 2022?

Hint, there were 58 total guys listed as "on a team" So how many are still racing?

I would say 35%

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Its 52% That is all teams. Factory to Jim's donut shop 30 guys are still racing.
Here is who is gone now:
Blake Baggett
Bradley Taft
Broc Tickle
Chad Reed
Chris Alldredge
Christophe Pourcel
Cole Seely
Dan Reardon
Davi Millsaps
Jimmy Albertson
Jimmy Decotis
Josh Grant
Kyle Chisholm
Kyle Cunningham
Lorenzo Locurcio
Luke Renzland
Martin Davalos
Matt Bisceglia
Michael Lieb
Mike Alessi
Nick Gaines
Ryan Dungey
Scott Champion
Tommy Hahn
Trey Canard
Tyler Bowers
Weston Peick
Zach Osborne

Lots of big names, but think about the others. Families dumped tens of thousands of dollar to get them to the top.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
2 classes of 22 = 44. On average 6 dudes drop off every year (based on one, five year span of data) so then the entire field is turned over every 7.3 years.
So if a career is more then that, I would say it is a long career. Sounds about right.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Roczen's been at it over 13 years
Chad almost 20
Pourcel 13
Millsaps 13
Grant 18
Kyle Chisholm 18
Martin Davalos 16
Alessi 18
Bowers 12

Even Peick had been a professional for 8 years before hanging it up

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I try not to think about s**t holes.
Hey John, tell me how you really feel...

You been there lately? Ford Field stadium is pretty sweet actually and the area right around the Stadium isn't all that bad. You get a little further out I dunno and don't really want to know... Maybe that's the area you are talking about Johnny...

I mean, it's not an Indy. I'm not coming in a couple days before the race and staying for an extended weekend, but to get a a race, and stay away from the stadium, it ain't too bad IMO. I got some Silver Lake Sand Dune buddies that live north of Detroit, so we stay a little northwest of the stadium typically if we stay a night. Is somewhat of a cluster getting out after the race, of which no different in Indy, but for Indy, we just walk back to the hotel after the race.

Thanks for your opinion John. As is typical, I'll disregard it. All good.

John250

PR Founding Father
Hey John, tell me how you really feel...

You been there lately? Ford Field stadium is pretty sweet actually and the area right around the Stadium isn't all that bad. You get a little further out I dunno and don't really want to know... Maybe that's the area you are talking about Johnny...

I mean, it's not an Indy. I'm not coming in a couple days before the race and staying for an extended weekend, but to get a a race, and stay away from the stadium, it ain't too bad IMO. I got some Silver Lake Sand Dune buddies that live north of Detroit, so we stay a little northwest of the stadium typically if we stay a night. Is somewhat of a cluster getting out after the race, of which no different in Indy, but for Indy, we just walk back to the hotel after the race.

Thanks for your opinion John. As is typical, I'll disregard it. All good.
Actually I have been. The stadium is fine, and we stayed a couple blocks away and walked back, all good. Overall, it is yet another American city in decline, due to political corruption that has landed many elected officials in jail. Cincinnati is not too far behind though in city's that have sent city council members to jail for corruption. Ironically the police chief in Detroit is from Cincinnati. When other city's were burning and rioting, Detroit was not having any issues. The Police chief flat out said it was not going to happen there, and people would be arrested. They had no issues.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Actually I have been. The stadium is fine, and we stayed a couple blocks away and walked back, all good. Overall, it is yet another American city in decline, due to political corruption that has landed many elected officials in jail. Cincinnati is not too far behind though in city's that have sent city council members to jail for corruption. Ironically the police chief in Detroit is from Cincinnati. When other city's were burning and rioting, Detroit was not having any issues. The Police chief flat out said it was not going to happen there, and people would be arrested. They had no issues.
Yeah, all true. My friends up there feel no different...

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Alright, lets toss a few fun SX facts out there in prep for this weekend.

Since the series started keeping points to determine a champ (1977):
Only 557 people have ever scored points in the premier class.

Of those, 18 are from Ohio. That ranks tied for 5th with France:
1​
CA
170​
2​
FL
36​
3​
TX
25​
4​
MI
20​
5​
OH
18​
5​
France
18​
7​
WA
17​
8​
can
15​
9​
NY
14​
10​
AZ
12​
10​
OR
12​

Top 5 from Ohio are:
Aaron Plessinger594
Fred Andrews360
Jeff Gibson330
Gary Semics252
Jeff Hicks249

Ten state have zero riders: Arkansas, Delaware, Hawaii, Montana, New Hampshire, North and South Dakota, Vermont, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

Top 10 career points are:
1Chad Reed4503
2Mike LaRocco3729
3Jeremy McGrath3490
4Kevin Windham3366
5Ryan Dungey2780
6Jeff Ward2557
7Larry Ward2546
8Eli Tomac2505
9Ricky Carmichael2358
10James Stewart2260

In the 44 years only 20 dudes have ever won the champ.
Of those, Donnie Hanson has the lowest career point total with 555 which ranks him 86th.

In career points, only five of the top 25 are still active:
Tomac is 8th, 41 points behind Larry Ward
Brayton is 11th, 13 behind Stewart
Roczen is 14th, 7 Behind Nick Wey
Anderson is 23rd, 43 behind Kiedrowski
and Barcia is 25th, 38 behind Tim Ferry

Now you can dominate trivia night at the track.

Last edited: