Rigs. Small trucks, towing, vans. etc

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
I just traded in my 2018 Nissan Frontier with the 4.0 ( cause they gave me $2,000 more then I paid for it a year ago ) I’ve towed a 4,000lb boat with zero issues and wouldn’t hesitate to go long distance. However, the gas mileage even when not towing is TERRIBLE. I was getting 14.5-15 in the city.. I had a k&n cold air intake, MBRP cat back on it, and some Falken Wild peak at3 tires which didn’t help. It’s on the lot now for $29,900 which is nuts.
Thank you sir. I’m haggling trying to get msrp on a 22. Can you get a bike in the back of the crew cab?

Meister

PR Founding Father
Thank you sir. I’m haggling trying to get msrp on a 22. Can you get a bike in the back of the crew cab?
If you're going new, hows come youre considering a small truck when the fuel mileage is not good, when for the same money you could get into a 2.7eco and get way better mileage? If I was buying for the purposes you are, I'd be all about the mpg. Just wondering the reasoning there is all.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
If you're going new, hows come youre considering a small truck when the fuel mileage is not good, when for the same money you could get into a 2.7eco and get way better mileage? If I was buying for the purposes you are, I'd be all about the mpg. Just wondering the reasoning there is all.

41k vs 32k MSRP. Unless I can find used which I’ve been looking but not having much luck.

Dano762

PR Addict
Lol.. wanna talk about deer?

I drive myself nuts sometimes over analyzing the options.

Since the emissions crap took over the diesel world, it's been of no interest to me. Plus, I haven't had anything to tow that required one. Cost of ownership is so much lower when you're only doing 7.7qts of oil motorcraft and an air filter every other oil change. Lol.
Piebald 2 upload size.JPG

Roachy

PR Addict
So for fun I went to look at a Ford Maverick yesterday. Dealer only had one left and it was sold. They are selling 5 +grand over sticker with 3 month waiting list! Not manly, just like my Rav 4, but with the gas motor and AWD it would be a good daily driver and haul a 6x12 enclosed well. I think it would also fit one MX bike sideways in the bed with gate down. Sits pretty low to ground but interior seemed comfy but not big. It is a decent route for someone who wants practical and isn't going to be hauling anything too big with no intention of buying a toy hauler, etc. I like my Rav 4 a ton, it gets the job done amazingly well and I find that the 3 rail or even the enclosed is just as easy as a truck bed. Takes me an extra 3 minutes to hook up and I don't have a steep ramp in and out like a truck. With that said, I would probably buy the Maverick over my Rav but the new Rav is bigger with more HP than my 2018 Adventure

John250

PR Founding Father
I've had 5.7 with 4.10 rear-end. 6.0 with a 3.73 rear end. Now a duramax. The gas motors all required working the pedal and fuel mileage sucked. The 4.10 sucked towing and not towing. If your towing something heavy buy the truck for it. The suspension and pulling is so much better on the 2500 as well.

Biggest issue most people have is buying trailers and campers and not having the right truck to tow with

That being said I have a friend with a new dodge and one with the new GMC small diesels. Both love how they tow lighter loads.

If you're towing, buy a diesel.

Meister

PR Founding Father
I once rode an entire summer with 2 other buddy’s in an 86 ranger with cragars pulling a 3 rail. Worked perfect. But the AC didn’t work. The sound system was primo.

Just another option.
I once rode all the way to red bud with 5 other guys in Mr 16s extended cab f150. Probably a similar experience as yours. Lol

MxFreedom33

PR Elite
I've had 5.7 with 4.10 rear-end. 6.0 with a 3.73 rear end. Now a duramax. The gas motors all required working the pedal and fuel mileage sucked. The 4.10 sucked towing and not towing. If your towing something heavy buy the truck for it. The suspension and pulling is so much better on the 2500 as well.

Biggest issue most people have is buying trailers and campers and not having the right truck to tow with

That being said I have a friend with a new dodge and one with the new GMC small diesels. Both love how they tow lighter loads.

If you're towing, buy a diesel.
I wanted the eco diesel 3.0 but couldn’t get my hands on one. Def the best option for towing. Hoping next go round I can snag one

Toddco327

PR Addict
Just saw Ford has stopped taking orders for the new Maverick.

I guess they said demand is high for them and they look to resume taking orders in the summer

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Just saw Ford has stopped taking orders for the new Maverick.

I guess they said demand is high for them and they look to resume taking orders in the summer

I think there is a market for a small cheap truck - it’s just a fuzzzzz too small for me. And ultra lite campers are insane expensive.