Where’s everyone riding ?

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
With this weekend coming up there’s many places to race including eastfork, route 62, delta? Where’s everyone going ? Also got briarcliff opening up this weekend along with others I’m sure. Along with the weather going to be 80 degrees!!!

I’m heading to eastfork to race their warmup race cause it’s 30 minutes from me.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Yeah...we got baseball tourney in Hanover, just down the road somewhat from BC. Thought about taking bikes in truck and maybe hitting some moto between games...probably Sunday if at all. First games at 10 and 1:30 on Saturday.

Is a chance we will play more Saturday evening and possibly not play Sunday. If that's the case, it's early up Sunday morn and off to 62. Only 30 minutes from us and Spencer been really showing some improvement on practice track with updated suspension. Time to test it in action if we can...

Lastly, a remote hope 62 opens up Friday evening for some practice time. Would hit that if the case, but not betting on it....

Good luck man. Hope to make it to East Fork this year at some point...

John250

PR Founding Father
Stick and ball sports are tough to play and race motorcycles. I told Matthew at an early age, baseball and motocross didn't mesh well together at all because of it being the same season. He gave up the baseball at a pretty young age because of racing.

He pretty much concentrated on Basketball and motocross. But many times when he wanted to go south to ride in the winter it was impossible because he had basketball games every weekend.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Stick and ball sports are tough to play and race motorcycles. I told Matthew at an early age, baseball and motocross didn't mesh well together at all because of it being the same season. He gave up the baseball at a pretty young age because of racing.

He pretty much concentrated on Basketball and motocross. But many times when he wanted to go south to ride in the winter it was impossible because he had basketball games every weekend.
Yeah, funny, but I actually thought of you and conversations we had back in the day. It is tough for certain. Spencer's 6 so we have time before if ever making that decision, but I definitely agree. Thing is, not thinking Spencer will have a long future in basketball. He's got his parents stature. Of course, I was early in life reaching my adult height, 5'7" in 7th grade, so I was our center/forward back in the day, but by sophomore year I didn't have the height for that anymore nor the ball handling/outside shooting/focus to play guard. Hard to tell. He'll choose when it's time...

We're going to Malvern AQ and Chilitown Regional if he makes it, but is not our focus. Just having fun and getting better at this point. Could change in a NY minute... ???

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
We do travel soccer, only doing rec league baseball this year, but did travel baseball before. The boy is shooting hoops everyday in the drive, along with begging to go fishing any time the sun is out.
I'm only one person son, Ole dad gets tired.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
We do travel soccer, only doing rec league baseball this year, but did travel baseball before. The boy is shooting hoops everyday in the drive, along with begging to go fishing any time the sun is out.
I'm only one person son, Ole dad gets tired.
Totally get it...

Toddco327

PR Addict
Hitting up Rays MTB this weekend with the little guy. Probably our last run for the winter sessions. Summer they are open Sundays but it will be tougher to go.

NQ1965

PR Elite
Had tournament game on Saturday in Utica, Rode at Grear's Motorsports 3 hours yesterday.
First ride of the season always tough after six months off.

Beautiful day to be at the track.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
Looked like it rained at Red Bud this weekend for the race. Imagine that.

got really lucky honestly..given the forecast. I think it started pouring for the second set of motos around moto 7 or so.. got a decent break and then started again toward the end of the second motos but the trash was trashed by that point. prior to that the track was sweet all weekend.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I think we got something new coming for chillitown and eastfork. Scott ran 3 lap practice. Then riders meeting and loaded up the gate with first gate drop at about 9:30. I was early motos with 2 and 7 but I got done at 2:30 so they easily got done before 5 and that was with all the classes that are usually on Saturday racing. The short practice and the fast pace gate drops will help tremendously this year at getting done early and without cutting laps .

Toddco327

PR Addict
I think we got something new coming for chillitown and eastfork. Scott ran 3 lap practice. Then riders meeting and loaded up the gate with first gate drop at about 9:30. I was early motos with 2 and 7 but I got done at 2:30 so they easily got done before 5 and that was with all the classes that are usually on Saturday racing. The short practice and the fast pace gate drops will help tremendously this year at getting done early and without cutting laps .
That’s always the plan when running races. The variables are what extend the day. One accident can add 30 minutes. 3 accidents can add 1hr. A breakdown of a quad can add 15. Now we have added almost 2 hrs to the day. Plus laps times. Everyone wants to leave “early”. Just sometimes not how the day works out.

Just make sure you listen for your moto. “Moto number 5 you’re in staging!”

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I guess my secret is out....I'm really surprised anyone was still doing a 4-5 lap morning practice or even the old 2 practice format.......It does make it nice starting motos at 9-9:30. I think I started doing that in about 2015-16. The perception of the day completely changes. Shshhh, dont tell him we do the riders meeting before practice.

Vet261

PR Addict
Went to RB, cruised around and got my checkmarks for the BC regional. I hate being a prisoner to the Area Qualifiers, so glad I got that out of the way.

Like Crute said, nice all day till about 2:45pm. I was planning on just running first motos and leaving (since 9 or less qualify) but went out for 50 moto 2 because it was still nice out. I was on the track when the first rain came, almost pulled off....but finished and put bike directly into the trailer!

Last edited: