Dungey coming back

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I got money that dungey finishes ahead of Kenny more motos that Kenny finishes ahead of dungey.
That's a tough one....more like 50/50. Where Dungey finishes the season is about as difficult in saying where Kenny finishes...

bruceb

PR Addict
Lmfao....know coming back to race oma from pro mx and doing good is a joke compared to dungey coming back after 5 years to the pinnacle of mx.
A better comparison would be Greg Rand's comeback at the 1988 Indy SX where he gave RC all that he could handle in the heat race and was having a good main until the bike quit.

I got money that dungey finishes ahead of Kenny more motos that Kenny finishes ahead of dungey.
That is a given. Ryan will be there at the end, Kenny most likely not.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Evidently Dungey has been the KTM test rider for the new bike for MX since the beginning of the year and he loves the bike for outdoors. He said he did not ride the bike in SX set up or tracks at all so he doesn’t know if it had issues there or not. If he likes the bike, has been riding and training, and gives it a go, he will certainly be top 5 by end of season barring an injury. I’d say top 3 if he races all 12 races.
Add Tomac knee issue where it’s hard to squeeze the bike, and Ferrandis coming back from injury, and that kind of evens things out with Dungeys time off in my mind. AC out, Webb out, AP coming back from injury, Sexton banged up, KR still having long term conditioning issues, Musquin out, Wilson out, things are kind of wide open for a perfectly healthy Dungey who is a tad slower to do very well!

hershey

PR Elite
Evidently Dungey has been the KTM test rider for the new bike for MX since the beginning of the year and he loves the bike for outdoors. He said he did not ride the bike in SX set up or tracks at all so he doesn’t know if it had issues there or not. If he likes the bike, has been riding and training, and gives it a go, he will certainly be top 5 by end of season barring an injury. I’d say top 3 if he races all 12 races.
Add Tomac knee issue where it’s hard to squeeze the bike, and Ferrandis coming back from injury, and that kind of evens things out with Dungeys time off in my mind. AC out, Webb out, AP coming back from injury, Sexton banged up, KR still having long term conditioning issues, Musquin out, Wilson out, things are kind of wide open for a perfectly healthy Dungey who is a tad slower to do very well!
Gay

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Cairoli's prep sure looks like he is planning on doing more than just two events.
Dude is one of the best in the sand... Hang around for Millville, Redbud and The Wick sure sounds like a no brainer.
Can you say "All KTM podium" 5+7+222= 1,2,3 Same answer even if it's a different order.

hershey

PR Elite
Cairoli's prep sure looks like he is planning on doing more than just two events.
Dude is one of the best in the sand... Hang around for Millville, Redbud and The Wick sure sounds like a no brainer.
Can you say "All KTM podium" 5+7+222= 1,2,3 Same answer even if it's a different order.
222, ends right there.

hershey

PR Elite
Smartest rider of all time: dungey
Ability to control his emotions: dungey

i guess the only way dungey crumbles odd if there’s some weirdo with a jester had pestering him like happy Gilmore was pressured by the guy telling you suck jackahss…
Yep, just go ahead and perpetuate the lie. It's OK, I'm mentally tough too.

Most boring rider to watch of all time ? Dungey.

Far more exciting to watch ? Roczen, Tomac, Feranndis, Cristian Craig, James Stewart, Ricky Charmicheal, Chad Reed....the list goes on. My reason for not caring about Dungeys return has nothing to do with my feelings about him as a person, I just don't care to watch a rider ride around behind other guys without trying to pass because he wants to win a championship, I want to watch riders who are pushing the issue and riding with heart, going for it the entire race. I watch racing for the excitement, not for seeing who wins the championship.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Yep, just go ahead and perpetuate the lie. It's OK, I'm mentally tough too.

Most boring rider to watch of all time ? Dungey.

Far more exciting to watch ? Roczen, Tomac, Feranndis, Cristian Craig, James Stewart, Ricky Charmicheal, Chad Reed....the list goes on. My reason for not caring about Dungeys return has nothing to do with my feelings about him as a person, I just don't care to watch a rider ride around behind other guys without trying to pass because he wants to win a championship, I want to watch riders who are pushing the issue and riding with heart, going for it the entire race. I watch racing for the excitement, not for seeing who wins the championship.
Dude He is #2 in career wins. Only RC has more. Dung has more than Toesmack and Reed combined.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Dude He is #2 in career wins. Only RC has more. Dung has more than Toesmack and Reed combined.
I had to check that (not that I doubted you...just needed some numbers)...you're right, but being as boring as he is, I would've never guessed that...

hershey

PR Elite
You're missing the point. I don't care about wins and championships. I care about excitement factor. He rates at the bottom.

Think Hannah, Bradshaw, Emig, McGrath, Macdoo, Lawrence. Super exciting to watch them race, aka....not boring.

John250

PR Founding Father
But who is smarter? Dungey.
Championships = lots of $$$$ and fame.

No one remembers the guy that won that National at chicken licks raceway in 2022. But 20 years from now they know the guy that's second in all time wins and championships pulling up in the Ferrari.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
So you really want cockiness, redneck, naked chic's in a hot tub, Nac Nac's, stupid and young... Your right, very boring if that's your gage. I would rather see a smooth, technical, well spoken, down to earth, winner. We understand. You cant see the forest because all the damn trees are in the way.
Just say it, I don't like him because he would not stop working to come talk to me.

hershey

PR Elite
So you really want cockiness, redneck, naked chic's in a hot tub, Nac Nac's, stupid and young... Your right, very boring if that's your gage. I would rather see a smooth, technical, well spoken, down to earth, winner. We understand. You cant see the forest because all the damn trees are in the way.
Just say it, I don't like him because he would not stop working to come talk to me.
Lmfao. I guess you don't understand plain English.

John250

PR Founding Father
Tomac is the only one close to Dungey in most categories. And unless he races for two more years, probably not passing dungey. He can pass him in outdoor titles if he wins this year.

But I don't consider Tomac flashy or exciting either. He is very much like Dungey and looks at the big picture as well.

John250

PR Founding Father
And dungey is top five in the first moto. Watch out. Dungey will be in the hunt for this championship. Mark my word.