Dungey coming back

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
dungey-ktm-racing-toronto-supercross-2016.jpg.jpg

Boring ......

hershey

PR Elite
Sharc you proved my point. Anyone that says Dungey is boring or just rides around to win a championship obviously does not pay attention.

Dungey is just smart. He is not wading himself up if he is not feeling the track. Or if someone else is faster that day, so be it. And by doing this, he has stayed on the track and accomplished his goals.

Boring . He is just so damn good he makes it look easy.
Yep, boring.

hershey

PR Elite
1) Dungey has won every major title in American motocross and supercross.
2) He won the world's largest international motocross race, the Motocross des Nations three times.
3) He has seven major AMA championships.
4) Dungey is tied for sixth place in all-time 450 Supercross race wins (33) and sixth place in all-time Supercross combined wins (44).
5) He holds the record for consecutive podium finishes in Supercross at 31.
6) In all-time 450 motocross overall wins, Dungey is second with 39 to Ricky Carmichael and ahead of Bob Hannah.
7) He is third place in all-time combined (250/450) motocross overall wins (46).
8) Finally, he is in fourth place in all-time combined Supercross and Motocross wins with 80 total race wins.

Ok.......Mr. Expert
So what? He is boring to watch. And I don't idolize anyone actually, its not healthy. I can be an expert on my own opinions though, just as everyone else is of theirs. Why the need to insult because I don't idolize your idol?

And Dungey has 73 total wins, not 80

Screenshot_20220603-115843_Chrome.jpg

Stewart has 70. 3 wins different and far more exciting to watch. Again, I couldn't care any less about championship wins. I care about the WOW factor whole watching. Dungey is BORING to watch race. Stewart was the epitome of exciting to watch. Given that, I still don't idolize him either !

You guys like championships and that's cool, it's just different than why I watch racing.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
... and passed Tomac!
Tomac wasn't riding at full speed. So did a few others in moto 1. Tomac was just "riding around"...lol

....Anyone that says Dungey... just rides around to win a championship obviously does not pay attention...
You said that John... Well, at least that 40 other riders would love to do that... Did you mean 39?

Carlisle

PR Member
someone please explain what you mean by “boring”. Please don’t compare/or bring up Stewart. He’s a once in a decade/lifetime rider. And also please don’t say” a rider who is willing to risk it all just to win a race”. Because I don’t see a rider in the 450 class that is like that now!

k01

PR Elite
someone please explain what you mean by “boring”. Please don’t compare/or bring up Stewart. He’s a once in a decade/lifetime rider. And also please don’t say” a rider who is willing to risk it all just to win a race”. Because I don’t see a rider in the 450 class that is like that now!
Some just find Dungey boring as a rider and the root cause of that perception could very well be that Ryan suffers from coulrophobia.

Red_bud_2.jpg

These very nice people may have uncovered Ryan's true Achilles heal.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
The Dunge is still impressive for coming off the "couch" at 32. I hope he does well, however he's not going to be in the title hunt. I think this past weekend showed who will be dogging each other. As much as I'd hate to say it, HRC is the best looing team across the board and Sexton looks to be the real deal. It's all going to come down to how consistent the other two on the green and blue bike will be... Of course, the other Frenchie will come back and could change the top 3.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Next week will be the race I want to see. Dung has won in Colorado i think 5 or 6 times. Toesmacks "home" race. If those two don't walk the dog, then Red and Mr. Anderson are the real deal.

John250

PR Founding Father
Next week will be the race I want to see. Dung has won in Colorado i think 5 or 6 times. Toesmacks "home" race. If those two don't walk the dog, then Red and Mr. Anderson are the real deal.
The others have never proven to be consistent. I think they get back east and Dungey will start shining on some of these east tracks.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Throughout the mini's, Forkner took the spotlight over Sexton.
Not so much now -
Couldn't agree more. I am not a Sexton fan per say, but there is no denying his skillset...both in SX and MX. His last 4 motos in MX couldn't have good any better or consistent, other than waxing the entire field by 25+ seconds all 4. Even after getting passed, he made a late charge in both cases. Red on red could be the look...

That all said, my rooting is going towards ET3 and then team green as secondary... I never can get upset when the box has a Kawi shade of green on it... ;)

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Couldn't agree more. I am not a Sexton fan per say, but there is no denying his skillset...both in SX and MX. His last 4 motos in MX couldn't have good any better or consistent, other than waxing the entire field by 25+ seconds all 4. Even after getting passed, he made a late charge in both cases. Red on red could be the look...

That all said, my rooting is going towards ET3 and then team green as secondary... I never can get upset when the box has a Kawi shade of green on it... ;)

I became a fan after watching this ....

Sexton on a super mini, same gate drop with the 450 B Class -- Sunset Ridge

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I became a fan after watching this ....

Sexton on a super mini, same gate drop with the 450 B Class -- Sunset Ridge

Let me clarify...a fan of the skills, but not my fav... That is bad arse...well...if you were Chase Sexton in that video...