Malvern AQ

But wait....the haters think Gnarly for fat out of shape vets and kids that will never make a dime racing motocross is a must. Never mind they are amateurs and who cares how many ambulance runs they make, or if someone breaks their neck, etc.

It is a dangerous sport. Always has been but over the the last 20 years got much more dangerous.

The sport can still be challenging, fun, fast, etc without being ridiculous. Just my opinion, but what do I know. Only been around motocross my whole life and am a grumpy old, out of shape, slow vet now.
Pussy........

Lmao

Only 1 ambulance run that I'm aware of.

Not sandy at all. Ruts were very hard pack and bumpy. There was sawdust to start but it was gone by racing basically. Track was really rough and difficult. Malvern was no worse, actually not quite as bad.

You need to ride it, race it to do good in it safely. The national level amateur events are like this, it's what makes pros. Austin can ride it better than I can by far...why? Because I've made him ride it regularly, we travel to find it and he has improved dramatically this year because of it.

John, you and I grew up racing flat, dry local tracks. That's why you think it's so bad when it isn't.

As far as wild cat goes, I haven't seen pictures or heard any other bad things yet so I'm leaning to Matthew's view until I see something different.

Track owners should definitely start rolling the tracks instead of turning it over! Keep all the snowflakes happy! Like who would want a challenging track? Let’s just make it safe! Don’t forget, last place should get a trophy too!

Only 1 ambulance run that I'm aware of.

Not sandy at all. Ruts were very hard pack and bumpy. There was sawdust to start but it was gone by racing basically. Track was really rough and difficult. Malvern was no worse, actually not quite as bad.

You need to ride it, race it to do good in it safely. The national level amateur events are like this, it's what makes pros. Austin can ride it better than I can by far...why? Because I've made him ride it regularly, we travel to find it and he has improved dramatically this year because of it.

John, you and I grew up racing flat, dry local tracks. That's why you think it's so bad when it isn't.

As far as wild cat goes, I haven't seen pictures or heard any other bad things yet so I'm leaning to Matthew's view until I see something different.
Like I said there’s a very big difference between rough and unsafe rough. Kids should not be getting hurt left and right due to the track. They would be what they would call “prep” as they would go around one time with the water truck and fix two faces. The rest of the track they let get gnarly. Now some spots yes it can be gnarly and safe but other spots they left was just a mix for disaster and obviously 43 injured people later and probably a lawsuit for the kid who landed in a side by side

Like I said there’s a very big difference between rough and unsafe rough. Kids should not be getting hurt left and right due to the track. They would be what they would call “prep” as they would go around one time with the water truck and fix two faces. The rest of the track they let get gnarly. Now some spots yes it can be gnarly and safe but other spots they left was just a mix for disaster and obviously 43 injured people later and probably a lawsuit for the kid who landed in a side by side
A kid landed in a sxs??? Seriously? Wtf?

So I'll chime in. So in my experience prepping a track for the last few years there is two options. Rip it deep and put down a ton of water to keep the dust down resulting in less track maintenance during the day resulting in a shorter day. I think we can all agree on that. Option two rip it put down less water so its mint in practice resulting in a dry dusty conditions early in the motos making the day longer by watering a lot more often. Option one results in lots of lines slows down the track and makes for good racing. Option two results in fast dry hard pack dusty conditions and the motos after watering are like riding on ice. So long story short is people will always bitch about something. If your at a qualifier for the biggest armature race in the world and your take is the track is to rough chances are you probably shouldn't be there in the first place. If you like smooth fast tracks Western Reserve is having a flat track race this weekend go check it out maybe that's a better option than moto. Lastly hats off to all the promoters putting on these big events. The weeks of hard work and preparation to pull these races off is a feat in itself.

A kid landed in a sxs??? Seriously? Wtf?
Yes a kid landed in the back of a ranger and broke his leg and was knocked out and had to be flown out by careflight. Then another kid crashed right there in the same moto and he was also unconscious and had to go to the hospital because he had a rock stuck in his eye and they couldn’t get it out it was impaled. The dad of the kid who landed in the side by side was friends with our neighbors and told them when he went down there and saw them two both laying there unconscious he thought they were dead.
43 - really ??
Banged up?
... or needing medical attention?
And yes 43 people. 40 people went to the local hospital for broken bones like arms, collarbones, etc. then there was 3 that were so serious they bi passed the local hospital and went straight to higher trauma centers

Krystian Janik didn't finish his moto's - he DNF moto #1 of 450 B and DNS the rest
Janik crashed in the moto I got taken out in and was way back. His bike was laying in the middle of the track when I came around no clue what happened heard it might be a collarbone tho

Back