Malvern AQ

Screenshot_20220520-102421_Chrome.jpg

Read the full article here. Malvern was fantastic for what it was that weekend, an qualifier for the biggest amateur race in the world. If you want a smooth track you don't want to even try for LL because you won't be prepared for the regional let alone the National.

You guys are dicks. I was starting to like Juju/Gears.
Its great to hear from people who read for a long time then decide to comment. Come on back and talk to teddy bear.

Since he is gone, I will pick up that big spoon and give it a couple good stirs.... Why do you guys care so much about prep? Everyone rides the same track. Hard pack and dusty. Soft and rutty, mud and slime. A good rider should be good on all. Even if you just racing for fun then the mix is the spice of life.
Snowflakes

20220605_164542.jpg

This is why the track at Malvern was good. One corner from the NE regional at Doublin Gap. Doubling gap is a youth regional meaning no big bikes were there on the track, zoom in on the picture, 8 ruts all deep and bumpy. Without riding stuff like this regularly how do you expect to race it when it counts?

I'll bite.

First or second corner? I'm gonna guess probably not. Lol

Surface appears to be pretty sandy as well. Naturally occurring sand is a different animal.

Malverns overall "roughness" was not "out of line" on that day and I'm not sure anyone actually said that through this whole s**t show post lol..

Haters in 3....2.....1...... Lol

Doublin Gap is not sand.
I noticed that after I looked at the pic again. The racing surface looks sandy (albeit, artificial in comparison to water truck roads).. I'll still take sandy ruts over hard ruts.. lol..

How many ambulance runs did they have? Was it safe but rough surface or just gnarly and unsafe?
But wait....the haters think Gnarly for fat out of shape vets and kids that will never make a dime racing motocross is a must. Never mind they are amateurs and who cares how many ambulance runs they make, or if someone breaks their neck, etc.

It is a dangerous sport. Always has been but over the the last 20 years got much more dangerous.

The sport can still be challenging, fun, fast, etc without being ridiculous. Just my opinion, but what do I know. Only been around motocross my whole life and am a grumpy old, out of shape, slow vet now.

Back